Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim table layout discussion thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarecrow Boat
Warrior
Warrior
Scarecrow Boat

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jul 2015 - 18:28

Hi everyone. I am currently in the process of developing my table. I have built some buildings, some clutter, and some plateaus/raised parts.

I want my table to be highly modular, and I therefore don't use bases on my buildings, so I can set them any way I want, and for the ground around to building to fit with the structure itself. (besides I've never liked based for buildings, since you get a sort of edge)

I was wondering if there were anyone who had any tips for how to build parts that can be set together to a city, with many options for how to set it up? I also have a hope of getting a sewer/river by having a fairly low piece with water/sewage and having raised plateaus around it.

I was hoping there were anyone with some ideas, suggestions, or tricks to make parts that will fit together to a cool looking city. I really like when you can have units move from one building to another, and to stay up on different levels. Really make skilled climbers useful. (I also have ramps and ladders, but being able to move outside of where they are should be useful anyway)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 1:27

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is how we do ports:

mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread 47a4d936b3127cce98548f31f06300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 2:49

This is going to sound like I'm not trying to help, but I am.

The best advice I can give you is to start building (which from your other thread I know you have), and then set up an play some games. That will show the best/worst parts about what you have, and hopefully will give you some ideas about what you wish had been there.
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow Boat
Warrior
Warrior
Scarecrow Boat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 10:40

Thanks for the tips. The picture of the dock actually helped Smile I guess I should try to find pictures of lots of different tables, and do the things I like. (as well as play many games, to I know what features make what warbands op or underpowered)
Back to top Go down
Scarecrow Boat
Warrior
Warrior
Scarecrow Boat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2015 - 16:09

Ok, I figured I have been a bit too vague with this post to really get any good suggestions, so I figured I'd do it like this. Here are some pictures of my current Mordheim table, does anyone have any suggestions to what new buildings/pieces I should make to make it better? (I am going to get a battlemat under it all soon, and I will migrate to a bigger table once I have more buildings)

My current city:
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2015 - 20:46

this is how I've my city set up:

mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Imag2010

there are some base blocks on which I can place my buildings and with the addition of some extra layers and bridges this makes for a reasonably playable city. Getting players to play at different elevations usually is tricky, though if you block the streets sufficiently and have a bunch of higher walkways helps a lot:
mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Imag0110
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim table layout discussion thread   mordheim - Mordheim table layout discussion thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim table layout discussion thread
Page 1 of 1