Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Questions concerning the Horned Hunters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

hunters - Questions concerning the Horned Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Questions concerning the Horned Hunters   hunters - Questions concerning the Horned Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015 - 22:12

I've had three games with my new Horned Hunters gang so far and a few questions have arisen. One or two possibly only because I haven't played in a while (like 2-3 years) and before that I was used to a bunch of house rules with different gaming groups. I've tried to look it up but I'm getting confused. Please bear with me.
For whoever wants to help but doesn't know the rules too much, here's a link:
http://www.hong-crewet.dk/Mordheim/Warbands/Horned%20Hunters.pdf

Armour/strictures
There's no heavy armour in the equipment list. So there is no chance any of the Hunters will ever be able to wear any, even if I found one? Why I ask is, the 3 Initiates-heroes are forbidden to wear any armour at all by the "strictures"-rule, while the Priest of Taal is only forbidden to use heavy armour. The Horned Hunter doesn't have a "strictures"-rule at all. Why should it explicedly by stated that the Priest can only wear light armour if the warband doesn't have a chance to get heavy armour anyways?

Drunken Gang
Their rule "drunk" reads as follows:
Drunk: The militia are blasted out of their tiny minds
on Rotfire moonshine and cheap ale. As such, they
automatically pass all Leadership-based tests
they are required to take.

- I don't have to take all alone tests for them, right?
Just imagine a Drunken Gang member should be promoted to hero. Weirdstone Pendulum and Tarot Cards would be a pretty safe thing, right? Any other equipment you'd suggest?
And if he'd somehow manage to become the leader? Other than with Flagellants, there is no rule forbidding them to do so. Would he automatically pass all rout-tests?

Hunting arrows
It's in their equipment-list for 20 gold. Can I always buy them for this price or only at the very start? Would I have to pay the higher price now (and search for them)?

One last thing: I've got the Mordheim Ogre Mercenary. Beautifully painted up, has never seen a game. He's even in green and brown. From a Fluff point of view: would he fit especially well with the warband (he looks like a woodsman/lumberjack) or not well at all, remembering the Hunters hunt beasts and monsters and such...?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the Horned Hunters   hunters - Questions concerning the Horned Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2015 - 0:19

1) I think the Priest of Taal was taken from another warband so that would explain the reference to Heavy Armour that does not apply to this warband
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the Horned Hunters   hunters - Questions concerning the Horned Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2015 - 2:46

Quote :
There's no heavy armour in the equipment list. So there is no chance any of the Hunters will ever be able to wear any, even if I found one?

Right, since it is not on your equipment list, there is no chance of any of your warriors wearing heavy armour.

Quote :
Why should it explicitly by stated that the Priest can only wear light armour if the warband doesn't have a chance to get heavy armour anyways?

As RL noted the priest is just cut and pasted from the Ostlanders warband (who can use heavy armour.)

As for the rest of your questions, that's up to your group.  If they let you play the warband, then they have to deal with it. The always pass Ld test rule is not one of my favorites.  (These people are insane, drunk, whatever; yet they become the most reliable warriors ever?)

Edit:
Oops, Hunting Arrows.  You may only purchase the arrows at that price when you create the warband.  Once you have played a game the regular rules for purchasing rare equipment apply.  And no you do not have to search for the arrows to purchase them for a starting warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the Horned Hunters   hunters - Questions concerning the Horned Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions concerning the Horned Hunters
Page 1 of 1