Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen raiders rules questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Beastmen raiders rules questions Empty
PostSubject: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2015 - 9:13

Hi,

There's a couple of things that have been confusing me when looking at the rules for the official beastman warband. I hope you'll be able to help me sort it out.

1) Rules as written, bestigors aren't allowed to use any armour. The weapons/armour text they have only mention weapons, the same is it does for other warriors that are not allowed to wear armour. Has this been addressed anywhere? It seems quite strange that bestigors wouldn't get to use armour when the rest of the warband can.

2) I've heard that the minotaur gets to choose a skill instead of becoming a hero if it rolls 10-12 as an advance. I can't find this anywhere, neither in the original EIF list, the one on Mordheimer or in the ultimate FAQ. Is this actually a thing?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2015 - 11:02

MasterSpark wrote:
1) Rules as written, bestigors aren't allowed to use any armour. The weapons/armour text they have only mention weapons, the same is it does for other warriors that are not allowed to wear armour. Has this been addressed anywhere? It seems quite strange that bestigors wouldn't get to use armour when the rest of the warband can.

I never noticed that, always allowed armor for all beastmen.

MasterSpark wrote:
2) I've heard that the minotaur gets to choose a skill instead of becoming a hero if it rolls 10-12 as an advance. I can't find this anywhere, neither in the original EIF list, the one on Mordheimer or in the ultimate FAQ. Is this actually a thing?

Never heard of that, sounds like a houserule.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2015 - 12:08

1) Never noticed that either. Considering how screwed up the Beastman list was, I am not surprised. I would ignore the omission and allow them to wear armor like we always have.

2) Where did you hear this? Either way its a house rule, but not one I had encountered before BTB came out. (There is a similar rule in one of the Objectives.)
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2015 - 2:33

I have a memory of the Minotaur being allowed skills in one of the town criers - he could be given Str or Combat as a levelup in place of TLGT (Could never become a hero though). This was back in the day when they also had a skill that let them wield a two-handed weapon in one hand. I don't have the criers with me in this country, but possibly someone can dig one up from somewhere. The PDF versions have been updated though, so it is unlikely you will find a copy online.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2015 - 4:55

That would be a pretty obscure TC.  Perhaps one of those Spanish versions? GW was encouraging local content back in the early days of this century...

The one sold in Indianapolis IN USA had no such entry. (TC#7, p. 42.  Rules  for the Minotaur.  No skills.)  Interestingly the Gors in the original TC 7 list were not allowed armor either.  Ungors, yes.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2015 - 9:08

I saw the minotaur skills mentioned in a post on Warseer the other day and I was certain that I had seen it in a warband list before but now that I'm looking around it doesn't seem to have been true at all. It was likely a house rule or something similar, and it'd definitely be a big bonus for the minotaur.

And I agree that bestigors should be allowed armour just like the others. It must have been a typo although letting things like that through is pretty shoddy. That weapons/armour blurb is usually about the most consistent writing there is in the game.

Thanks for your input!
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2016 - 8:39

Hello all. I return with another question about beastmen raiders.

The rules for climbing says that animals cannot climb. The minotaur has the Animal special rule, although this rule usually has a different meaning every time it is used. But, and I believe this is true, does this mean that the minotaur cannot climb? It would be such a waste of the good initiative.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2016 - 6:01

RAW the Minotaur is classified as an Animal even though the rule reads differently from the rule of the same name in the rulebook. This is the culture of ineptitude with GW rules. The easiest way to deal with it is house rule that the Minotaur can climb.

And also the Centigor has no rule against climbing despite having a body unsuited to climbing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen raiders rules questions   Beastmen raiders rules questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen raiders rules questions
Page 1 of 1