Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Unionizing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2015 - 23:48

Is there a rule against voluntarily dismissing a leader?

I've just started up a Sisters of Sigmar warband to replace my retired dwarfs, and I had great luck in my first game. To wit- I rolled TLGT for two of my henchnuns. I promoted the first one to my empty 6th hero slot, hardly believing my luck, then I rolled another TLGT for the next henchman group. I chose to dismiss one of my sister superiors who had just come down with a nervous condition, and ended up with six heroes: a matriarch, and augur, two superiors, and two promoted sisters.

I was thinking about how early in the game it is, and how much xp my matriarch has without much useful rules or stats to make up for it. So it made sense to me to dismiss her (overthrow management) and rehire a third superior. If she dies, the next leader gets to use prayers, and I ddnt know if that would apply if she left.

Drawbacks would be not having a backup hero to hire at any time if the matriarch goes. Also I'd be wasting a buck of money, and the superiors would only get four more levels (they start at xp Cool than the superior anyhow.

What are your thoughts on the allow-ability and the advisability of this move?
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 1:19

I think the one you want to be leader should fight your current leader in a pitfight if they win the get the mantel and you kick out your leader.
In a show of good sportsmanship i would even write out my old leader as a dramatis persona that will refuse to fight for my warband again.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 2:21

In our group we go by the following rules:

- You may dismiss any warrior (including your leader) at any time.
- The 'learns a spell/prayer' rule only applies if the leader dies.

I believe this is RAW and can be found on p. 78 of the Rulebook:

Mordheim Rulebook p. 78 wrote:
You may disband your old warband at the end of any game and start again with a new one. All the warriors in the original warband and any equipment and other benefits they acquired are lost. You can also dismiss any warrior in your warband at any time.

Mordheim Rulebook p. 78 wrote:
If the leader of a Sisters of Sigmar, Possessed or Carnival of Chaos warband dies then their successor will be entitled to learn to use magic in their stead. The new leader may roll for a prayer/spell from the appropriate list, instead of rolling on the Advance table, the first time they are eligible for an advance. After this they are considered to be a wizard/use prayers as appropriate for their warband and use the Advance table as normal.

(My emphasis)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 6:22

Quote :
and how much xp my matriarch has without much useful rules or stats to make up for it.

Wot? WS4 BS4 I4 Ld8 and a prayer from the Sigmar list! I guess it takes a lot to impress you.
Welcome to human warbands! Mercenary leaders have the same experience and no prayer.

Plus the warband has 5 special skills which become 4 if the Matriarch is gone. Re-rolling every failed rout test can be really annoying if you are the one trying to rout the Sisters...
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 8:18

Aipha, Von Kurst, I will let my Matriarch live out her "natural" life, in that case. Leading from the front, of course. If it is Sigmar's will that she be taken before her time, at least I'll retain spell-casting ability.

I've always been a conservative (dwarf) player, so passing rout tests is rarely a concern of mine (those who fight and run away live to fight another day), but I'm trying to take an opposite approach in this warband. So I will try out the "reroll rout test" skill and let the injuries run up, among my self and my opponents, while I fight battles to a more bloody conclusion with this warband. The sister are just so cheap! I can afford to lose a few per game. Let's see if the other warbands can keep up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unionizing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unionizing   Unionizing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unionizing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: