HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Mad Hatter
Warrior
Warrior

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 7:33

Hello fellow Mordheimer's, I thought I'd drop this in here for more visibility.  Just for transparency, I'm not associated with this group at all, I am however a backer as I'd like to show that there's still demand and support for miniatures like these designed for Mordheim.

Here's a link to their Indiegogo page:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sisters-of-serens-fantasy-miniatures/x/2846261#home

After about a week, funding has stalled out and they need our support.  My fear is that if we don't support people like this, we'll be sending a message that there's no demand for minis like this.  I'd love nothing more than to see other war bands being made by this company or someone else.

More miniatures is more options which is always great!  So if you've ever considered playing Sisters but the poorly done GW minis have always put you off (that's my case anyway), here's a chance to get something that, IMHO, looks better.  

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 7:43

The Girls have been appeared here:

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t2714p675-female-miniatures

...as well as your other post. Stuff like kickstarters & other find should be posted in Painting & Modeling.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The Mad Hatter
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 8:00

The information was buried in a very long thread, and I never found it (until you provided some guidance).

I just want to help these guys out, not sure how having a thread dedicated to that in a General Discussion area is hurting that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 8:21

No harm, but there are now 3 separate dedicated threads in three separate subforums (yours included) plus the mention in the female minis thread.  
http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8310-indiegogo-for-sisters-of-sig-serens

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8302-sort-of-mordheim-crowdfunding

Perhaps a merger between threads?

I expect what the crowd funding attempt will get is a cease and desist order from a GW corporate lawyer, but perhaps I am overly cynical.  The new models would be most welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 8:53

No problem. The Kick Starter deserves a separate thread anyway, but will be large ly over looked here or in the Shout Out. Folks looking for miniature ideas check the Painting & Modeling Section. If you'd like I could move this one there for you. What a Face

Von Kurst wrote:
No harm, but there are now 3 separate dedicated threads in three separate subforums (yours included) plus the mention in the female minis thread.  
http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8310-indiegogo-for-sisters-of-sig-serens

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8302-sort-of-mordheim-crowdfunding

Perhaps a merger between threads?

I expect what the crowd funding attempt will get is a cease and desist order from a GW corporate lawyer, but perhaps I am overly cynical.  The new models would be most welcome.

I did be surprised if it didn't get pounced on by G.W's lawyers. It really is pretty blatant I.P. theft. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 4:31

This kinds of ip clones are always a bit disappointing, wouldn't it be better to create new ideas and images instead of just using the same old copies of gw?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friedrich Hetzenauer
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 11:24

I guess it's a copy of GW ip. Sort of. I guess I missed the day where GW invented the idea of nuns with weapons. I mean, call her a blind sister instead of a Auger and it's pretty easy to pretend there is nothing going on. GW hardly invented Matriarch, Superior, Sister or Novice when it comes to nuns. Unless they somehow have an IP claim to the letter S.

I'm sum it up like this. To the extent that GW has any right to call this their own IP it's a copy. Which I guess makes it a copy of a copy.

I also can't get to worked up about someone using ideas that have been abandoned over a decade ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 11:39

Please, they are obviously copies of the Sisters of Sigmar.

But they are decent enough sculpts, not to my liking but I'm sure there are others who like them. Best of luck to the company. I'm always happy when people start up businesses and try to create something.

I'm just disappointed that so few companies try to really create something original. The whole miniature scene feels rather stagnant, sure brilliant miniatures are produced but few try out really new concepts. Right now I can only think of Relics and Anyaral: The World Of Twilight as really new ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friedrich Hetzenauer
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 12:29

They are. I just don't think GW has a real strong IP claim to the sisters of sigmar to begin with. Hence the copy of a copy remark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help   Today at 13:29

Back to top Go down

New Sisters Models - These Guys Need Some Funding Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1