Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gameplay through terrain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adamcarl
Youngblood
Youngblood
Adamcarl

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Gameplay through terrain Empty
PostSubject: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2015 - 10:26

Hi I'm new to playing Mordheim, actually never played it but have miniatures but not the terrain.

I have a question regards terrain in gameplay I have found this manufacturer http://www.tabletop-world.com/index.php and I'm wondering does Mordheim require open houses as in destroyed ones. I am looking to building a small town using various houses from that site, you can open them up and place figures in them but does elevation play a big part in Mordheim.

Can you recommend me using these houses for a Mordheim board, or will the lack of open destroyed houses be negative towards the gamplay?

kind regards Adam
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2015 - 10:37

Hello Adam,

Elevation does play a pretty big part in the shooting phase and ruined/hollow houses opens up a lot of line of sight for charging into close combat. You could play that a model standing near a window has line of sight out of it and can also be seen from the outside, otherwise your houses will really only function like obstructing blocks. Mordheim is thematically set in a ruined city but it's not a requirement. The houses on that site look very nice and will likely be great for gaming, if you add ladders leading from the street up to some of the windows to allow warriors to climb through them I think it'll work out fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2015 - 11:31

While most of our buildings are open, some are closed up.
These still tend to have balconies that can be climbed to/from to give elevation, but otherwise are just big LOS blockers.

Those buildings are pretty amazing, you just need to think about how practical it would be playing with them.
What happens when you have men on all three floors of the mansion for example?
Will you have the space to lay out those three floors?
You might have 5/6 buildings all with men in at any given time.
If you can do this, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2015 - 4:51

Those houses are beautiful aren't they?  

Mordheim is a city that has been hit by a comet.  We have discussions on the forum occasionally about intact non-ruined buildings surviving in the city.  Given medieval construction, I would tend to doubt it, but if it makes your games more interesting, why not?

As far as Mordheim 'The Game' goes, you can elect to play in a non-ruined setting such as Mutiny in Marienburg which would encourage an intact living city rather than a ruined, deserted one.  My group spends quite a bit of time playing in the Mordheim equivalent of  Mediterranean, North African or Caribbean towns so most of our buildings are of a style likely to be encountered in that part of the world and are designed so that the interiors are accessible and playable.  It gets a bit fiddly now and again, but mostly its just too cool.

For examples follow the link in my signature.
Back to top Go down
Adamcarl
Youngblood
Youngblood
Adamcarl

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2015 - 11:30

Thanks fellas, for the input. I will begin working on my play area soon and I'll upload images
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay through terrain   Gameplay through terrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gameplay through terrain
Page 1 of 1