Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warbands with a vampire leader

Go down 
+3
Von Kurst
Denzak
MasterSpark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Empty
PostSubject: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015 - 0:11

Hi all,

I have something of an emotional attachment to my vampire and wish to be able to include her in more than just the original undead warband. What other warbands are there that feature one or more vampires in the list? Not any ones published in the town cryer, I believe. I've seen some lists here and there that focuses on the different bloodlines but I figured I'd ask you all since I've not really touched on anything undead outside of the original. Please let me know which ones you know of!
Back to top Go down
Denzak
Hero
Hero
Denzak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015 - 3:52

I know of Necrarchs, the Soul Stealers. You can find them in Letters of the Damned 1 here.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015 - 4:47

The original Khemri website included a Lhamian warband (which we are using in our current campaign).
The Mousillon setting introduced a broken Blood Dragon list and Karak Azgul included a WIP Strigoi list. There is a fairly recent discussion of Blood Dragons in this subforum if you browse through the last couple of pages.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015 - 18:55

Survivors of Strigos from the Sylvania setting has a Strigoi vampire leader. I like the background flavor of the warband but have not played with it yet.
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015 - 20:36

Thanks for the help, guys!

I've found the PDFs for the blood dragons and the lahmians but not the strigoi from Karak Azgul. The google drive only has the warband from the Sylvania setting that Mike mentions, so do you know where I can find the Karak Azgul one?

Interestingly, the lahmian warband is pretty close to what I was trying to do with an experimental warband of my own. I hope I'll get to try it out some time. Smile
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 0:33

I had to recover the rules from Karak Azgul from the Internet Archive. Therefore these rules for undead have come back from the dead themselves. It is aliiiive!

I cannot get the web pages to work within OneDrive probably because they were saved with the Internet Archive HTML surrounding the main content. That freaked me out because I thought that I had lost the rules. However, they are still available but hard to find.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=02B7C1D22EA7D959&id=2b7c1d22ea7d959%21553&authkey=%21AByFcnV1qMjZdzg

This did not display in OneDrive for me but I was able to download the web page and then view it in the browser and it worked OK. Phew! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 0:40

Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 11:24

Good stuff, thanks again!

Von Kurst, since you said you've got someone using the warband in a current campaign, how have you found the lahmian warband to be? To me they seem to be significantly stronger than the original undead which contradicts what I've heard about Khemri warbands generally being weaker than the original ones, but perhaps that only goes for the tomb guardians (and tomb raiders?) This is assuming that the wights are actually allowed to run but it definitely looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 13:21

The Khemri warbands from the original website are not weak. The ones GW published are watered down versions that definitely are.

We haven't tweaked the Lhamian warband, but it is usually a beast by campaign's end.
Back to top Go down
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2015 - 0:53

Any thoughts on more blooddragon warbands?
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2015 - 1:49

rory wrote:
Any thoughts on more blooddragon warbands?
Quite Over powered needs ballancing
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2015 - 17:35

I think it's a shame that the warbands that have stuck with the same vampire (more or less) as the original undead appears to have become significantly more powerful in the process. I would unfortunately feel pretty cheap to break them out against an opponent using a standard warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warbands with a vampire leader   leader - Warbands with a vampire leader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warbands with a vampire leader
Page 1 of 1