Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Redmane's (mostly) Possessed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redmane
Youngblood
Youngblood
Redmane

Trading Reputation : 0

Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 16:48

Redmane's (mostly) Possessed SWCJ78i
All but the rightmost one are done out of "model air" air drying clay. I just got some firm super sculpey, so that's what the new guy is done with. I wished I took these pictures before I base coated him, it's obscuring most of the detail.
https://imgur.com/bJQnokW
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed BJQnokW

https://imgur.com/Oe5BuPd
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Oe5BuPd

And backs of the others:
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed DDxPwJA
Only the skaven's tail is my sculpting, the rest I made two-part press molds from the model air stuff and the clan rat sprue. A lot of detail was lost, but overall passable quality I'd say.

I am having a spot of trouble with the sculpey. I find if I try to sculpt it all at once I wind up messing up a bunch of detail while working on other parts, so I've been working on it bit by bit and curing things as I make them by dipping them in boiling water (works like a charm). Only problem is that even super glue doesn't hold the individual parts together very well. I feel like if I drop this guy one more time he's going to explode into little bits.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 18:34

VERY COOL & ORIGINAL! There is something to be said for the complete uniqueness of a self made mini. The Lads all look SPLENDID...nice mushrooms also. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup

Redmane wrote:
[img]I am having a spot of trouble with the sculpey. I find if I try to sculpt it all at once I wind up messing up a bunch of detail while working on other parts, so I've been working on it bit by bit and curing things as I make them by dipping them in boiling water (works like a charm). Only problem is that even super glue doesn't hold the individual parts together very well. I feel like if I drop this guy one more time he's going to explode into little bits.

I can identify...with the dropping that is. I don't feel a piece is truly completed until it's been dropped a number of times. It does test the minis mettle for the inevitable lemming leap from the gaming table.  clown
Back to top Go down
Redmane
Youngblood
Youngblood
Redmane

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 19:28

Thank you! (For the BOLD words especially Very Happy )

Here is my cultist, painted and based, just waiting for his club:
https://imgur.com/pypJ7aR
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed PypJ7aR

https://imgur.com/UKQUs2Q
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed UKQUs2Q

https://imgur.com/pDDM0LA
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed PDDM0LA

https://imgur.com/HhSjdAD
Redmane's (mostly) Possessed HhSjdAD
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 20:57

COOL! He certainly did paint up in a SPLENDID fashion....GREAT brushwork & color selections. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Redmane
Youngblood
Youngblood
Redmane

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2015 - 0:25

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2015 - 0:38

That on COOL & somewhat WHIMSICAL Chaos Guy. AND the setting is equally cool & whimsical; it also gives an idea of the SPLENDID color choices that will grace the Cultist. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2015 - 8:23

LOve your stuff, has a very special note to it. What i like best is the painting style, really suits the terrain AND minis, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redmane's (mostly) Possessed   Redmane's (mostly) Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redmane's (mostly) Possessed
Page 1 of 1