Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gunnery School shenaigans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Gunnery School shenaigans Empty
PostSubject: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:00

Nemesis Crown wrote:
Reloading: After firing both barrels, place 2 tokens on the model. In your next shooting phase remove 1 token to represent one barrel having been reloaded. Token removal should be the last thing done in your shooting phase and you cannot shoot in the same phase as your reload.

Firing a Brace: If you fire both guns and barrels at the same time, place 4 tokens down, 2 each of different colours (one for each pistol in the brace). Remove one token of each colour every turn.

Mordheim Rulebook p.32 wrote:
Prepare shot: A duelling pistol takes a complete turn to reload, so your model may only fire every other turn. If he has a brace of duelling pistols he may fire every turn.

So the Double Barreled Dueling Pistol gets to break the reloading rules? Who wrote this warband?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2015 - 7:12

My brain isn't functioning enough to determine where the issue is that you perceive. However, I recall that there was some healthy discussion on this a while back so does the linked thread help at all?

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5896-double-barrelled-pistols-pistolier-and-maybe-hunter

study
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 2:17

Thanks I knew that thread was in here somewhere.

Mainly that thread just irritates me more by reminding me there were already rules in the Ostlander warband. And those rules were/are supposedly official...

I am annoyed by the reloading of the double barreled dueling pistol as quoted above. Instead of one barrel/one turn, the Nuln player may now completely reload two double barreled pistols in two turns and fire with all four barrels in turn 3. Which is the same speed at which he could reload just one double barreled pistol by the same rules!

Shenanigans! I say. Actually I say something else, but you get the PG version.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 12:16

I play this warband and its a real pain in the ass to keep tracks of your ammos with all those pistols.

The Sartosa unofficial supplement have a very interesting FAQ about reloading and firing gunpowder weapons. (its on page 15... link is below) It does not solve any problem but explain how it works by the rules.

Personally I always thought a character should reload only one barrel per turn, or two if he have the hunter/pistolier skill (and do not shoot). Why having two pistols give you an edge on reloading?? Never understood why. Also, a character in close combat SHOULD NOT be able to reload guns... which is allowed RAW. But I'm always a bit reluctant to change rules... unless they remove some complexity...

https://f373af85-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/styroheim/sartosa/Sartosa01General.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cp3pHXuIOBlni4UyXDUEf5Gn5uKAlHJY4Rqyizz18He03nUhjFHdq146uUX9fdnDlOUWVt95f_zIoZgg8BJ8UWX7yUKV9OSju5cnw-Dr0jsMrtdeRmnkk6AsyxqV7YbzkIY8HE2bihxdtc6B2nM0e-Rlqfv7eoW6bUEt3ggz6OouZEgeDhU6ASK3tO6cgA9AIRFdHla2QP3auUIjuuM99Y96-Dp4v1g430Sp8QTQ1Xut6H3mbA%3D&attredirects=0

Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015 - 10:51

I agree it vK, I also would hanlde it like Goglutin proposed.
Do you often use the double barreled wepaons in your campaigns?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 0:49

Not all that often actually. Only one player plays Ostland and he hasn't played that warband in years.
Otherwise we just have the odd pistol show up in Sartosa every now and then. Then the Gunnery School showed up. Suspect
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015 - 10:00

My only thought is whether DB guns have any benefit to be worth their cost if the rules for reloading are changed. I don't know and I'm simply asking the question for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2015 - 0:46

2 hits is 4 S4 wounds! (Firing a brace.) What other benefit do you need? I mean lets be greedy here.

Getting to do it again in 3 turns is silly.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2015 - 9:54

Heh. OK so really the benefit is that up-front shot. Assuming that it is effective then that may pay for the high cost of DB guns.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2015 - 10:23

I'm playing gunnery school atm in my kislev campaign and i am finding the cost of refitting my henchmen painful and i'm not using double barreled weapons yet just lots of handguns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery School shenaigans   Gunnery School shenaigans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunnery School shenaigans
Page 1 of 1