Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Merchant Bodyguard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

merchant - Merchant Bodyguard Empty
PostSubject: Merchant Bodyguard   merchant - Merchant Bodyguard Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015 - 14:00

Hi all,

I had a couple of questions about the merchant bodyguard skill.

1. In the skill description, it says that the bodyguard will intercept any model shooting or charging at the merchant.  I know it says model, but does this mean that he will hunt down who shoots at the merchant?  Or, does it mean he will jump in the way of any shots fired at the merchant, taking the hits for him?
  2. Does the bodyguard count as a warband member for the purposes of taking rout tests?

Thanks,

TIM

edit: fixed numbering
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Merchant Bodyguard   merchant - Merchant Bodyguard Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:10

1) I would say so long as the bodyguard is in front of the merchant like an intercept then the shot may be taken by the bodyguard.

2) Yes
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Merchant Bodyguard   merchant - Merchant Bodyguard Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015 - 7:40

It makes it easier to get answers if you quote the rules. Some people can be too lazy to look up the rules or may not have access and therefore will not help you when otherwise they might have helped. Smile
Quote :
Intercept: The bodyguard will intercept any model shooting at or charging the Merchant. Any attacks will be directed at him and if charged place the bodyguard in front of the Merchant to protect him. The bodyguard will not charge unless the Merchant also charges and cannot intercept an attack if already engaged in combat.
(I don't have access to the Arabian Merchant rules from Town Cryer but hopefully the rules for the bodyguard are the same as the Cathayan Merchant rules from Border Town Burning.)

1) These rules state that it is not possible to shoot at the merchant while there is a bodyguard. The shot *must* be directed at the bodyguard. Also, for intercepting warriors then the rules imply that the bodyguard can simply be moved in front of the merchant regardless of where the bodyguard stands. I would be interested in hearing if people play by this interpretation or if they use the standard rules for intercepting enemy warriors.

Edited to add... in my group I would play that the bodyguard can be moved outside of the normal rules for intercepting enemy warriors. However, I also reckon that we'd forget that the bodyguard has this special exemption!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merchant Bodyguard   merchant - Merchant Bodyguard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merchant Bodyguard
Page 1 of 1