Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Equipment Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 4:41

Firstly, I would like to say hello to everybody here as I just found this forum and I'm glad I found a place where people continue to enjoy this game. Second, I am fairly new to Mordheim, only played a few games, and was wondering how something very simple worked, I will use a Vampire for this example as I play an undead warband. The Vampire has 2 base attacks to start with. He can also get one dagger for free. I assume if I don't buy anything for him, these two attacks are with this dagger. If I buy him a second dagger, does he now have 3 attacks, all with the rules for attacking with a dagger? To continue on this, what happens if I give him his free dagger as well as an axe? How many attacks does he have now, and how many are with the axe? Lastly, what happens if I equip him with a sword and an axe? Again how many attacks would he have and how many would be with the axe? Thank you very much for any help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 5:39

Welcome aboad mate, be sure to post up in the "welcome newbies" section, otherwise people might miss you Smile

Ok answering your questions in order...

Quote :
The Vampire has 2 base attacks to start with. He can also get one dagger for free. I assume if I don't buy anything for him, these two attacks are with this dagger.

Correct

Quote :
If I buy him a second dagger, does he now have 3 attacks, all with the rules for attacking with a dagger?

Correct

Quote :
To continue on this, what happens if I give him his free dagger as well as an axe? How many attacks does he have now, and how many are with the axe?

He has 3 attacks and you can decide how many attacks he will make with each. however, at least one attack must be made with each weapon.

Quote :
Lastly, what happens if I equip him with a sword and an axe? Again how many attacks would he have and how many would be with the axe?

He has 3 attacks and may divide them as in the above question.

Quote :
Thank you very much for any help.

You are most welcome Very Happy

Any more questions just feel free to ask Smile
Back to top Go down
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Personal Info

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 6:31

Thank you for the quick reply, I actually have two more follow up questions for you. Is the free dagger something that comes with a model, such as the hand weapon in WHFB? Either way I suppose it couldn't hurt to have, being that if I give him only an axe he will have 2 axe attacks, and if he has the free dagger that's a third, weaker attack in addition to giving him two attacks with the axe, yes? My second question is, can you give me a reference to this in the rules? I searched the equipment section a couple of times but didn't see anything about splitting up attacks between weapons. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 7:05

All right Mate, here's the skinny.

You may arm a Human type warrior with 2 one-handed weapons. The first dagger is always free. If you choose to give the warrior a sword and an axe then the dagger becomes stored equipment for the warband, but cannot be sold. Now in the scenario of 2 different hand weapons you must declare which weapon is in the main-hand and which is in the off-hand. The main hand will make the base number of attacks, in the case of a Vampire 2. The off hand will make the extra attack which is granted for having 2 one-handed weapons and is wielded at -1 to hit in close combat.

The rules for fighting with 2 weapons can be found on P. 35 of the ORB (Original Rule Book)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 7:24

In regards to the comments above.

Quote :
You may arm a Human type warrior with 2 one-handed weapons.

I am quite sure you can have a model armed with as many weapons as you want. you may only use 2 single hand weapons/1 two handed weapon/1 missile weapon (or a brace) in each phase.

Quote :
If you choose to give the warrior a sword and an axe then the dagger becomes stored equipment for the warband, but cannot be sold.

Incorrect, the model still has the dagger on his persons as above. and it may not be used by anyone else nor may it be sold.

Quote :
Now in the scenario of 2 different hand weapons you must declare which weapon is in the main-hand and which is in the off-hand. The main hand will make the base number of attacks, in the case of a Vampire 2.

Correct

Quote :
The off hand will make the extra attack which is granted for having 2 one-handed weapons and is wielded at -1 to hit in close combat.

where did this come from? I never recall ANY version of the rule book refrencing a penalty to hit in this fasion

Quote :
The rules for fighting with 2 weapons can be found on P. 35 of the ORB (Original Rule Book)

Page 19 of the current rule book and you might want to take alook, some things have changed since the original.

All comments are made from the official and current mordheim rule book. If you can provide a quote and page refrence to a part of the rule book that contradicts me, I am happy to withdraw my statements.

Last edited by mrbretonnia on Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 7:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 7:29

In regards to CrazyOrc

Quote :
fighting with two weapons
Some maniac warriors carry two weapons, one in
each hand, so they can rain a flurry of blows on their
enemies. A warrior armed with two one-handed
weapons may make 1 extra Attack with the additional
weapon. Note that this is added to the total of the
warrior’s attacks after other modifiers, such as frenzy,
have been applied. If he is armed with two different
weapons (sword and dagger, for example), he will
make a single attack with whichever weapon he
chooses, and all others with the remaining weapon.
Roll to hit and wound for each weapon separately.

Page 19 of the Mordheim Rulebook (Spec Games, Current Edition)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 7:37

Yeah, my bad, I was just looking for the -1 hit modifier rule and couldn't find it either. Then I remembered that it was a house rule used in my local Mordheim group. I think we picked that one up from this forum.
As for the other stuff, I didn't know you could carry as many weapons as you want and then choose which to use. That seems a bit shady, but I don't see any rule that says you can't aside from WYSIWYG.
In my defense, I didn't know I was walking into a rules duel. Just trying to help and made an honest mistake.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 8:31

Quote :
In my defense, I didn't know I was walking into a rules duel. Just trying to help and made an honest mistake.

Rules Duel, I like it Very Happy

no probs mate, I tend to get a bit excited (bad word I know) about rules. Razz
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 12:47

mrbretonnia wrote:

Yes, I'm in!

*draws rapier*

En garde!

Mordheim Living Rulebook, Warbands PDF, page 3, weapons and armour wrote:

Each warrior you recruit can be armed with up to two
close combat weapons (in addition to his free
dagger), up to two different missile weapons
and any
armour chosen from the appropriate list. For these
purposes, a brace of pistols counts as a single missile
weapon.

Touché!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 15:29

*pulls out newspaper*

Have at you.

on topic i'm pretty sure its only 2 hand to hand weapons allowed on a character is it not?

Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Personal Info

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 18:23

Thank you for the replies and the reference, it is very clear now. I wasn't expecting to cause such a ruckus, hopefully it was for the better to clear things up.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 20:03

CrazyOrc88 wrote:
Thank you for the replies and the reference, it is very clear now. I wasn't expecting to cause such a ruckus, hopefully it was for the better to clear things up.

Well, it seems that quite some people learned something in this thread so it seems that is was necessary and useful to raise the topic.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 22:59

There is no official -1 modifier for using two weapons but there should be or at least make a skill for heroes or only allow henchmen to use two weapons if they go up an Attack from experience.

Vampire let's say has two attacks and has two weapons then he will get three attacks total.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2008 - 23:33

cianty wrote:
mrbretonnia wrote:

Yes, I'm in!

*draws rapier*

En garde!

Mordheim Living Rulebook, Warbands PDF, page 3, weapons and armour wrote:

Each warrior you recruit can be armed with up to two
close combat weapons (in addition to his free
dagger), up to two different missile weapons
and any
armour chosen from the appropriate list. For these
purposes, a brace of pistols counts as a single missile
weapon.

Touché!

OH NOES!!! who would have thought rules would be in the warband section. You have wounded me cianty, but I will havest mine revenge Smile
Back to top Go down
AjaxUSA
Hero
Hero
AjaxUSA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2008 - 18:50

so, from what I am gathering here, If I choose my free dagger as my 2nd hand weapon, and that gives me 2 attacks, I need to take 1 attack with the dagger and 1 with say my sword or what ever that other hand weapon is?

I guess I am better off spending the money and getting a better second hand weapon if this is the case.
Back to top Go down
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Personal Info

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 1:47

Yes, at least one needs to be taken with the dagger, but it is free so if your short on points I guess it's the way to go.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2008 - 1:55

I usually only buy an additional mace/hammer/club. That plus the free dagger is really all you need and all you can afford in a starting warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment Question   Equipment Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipment Question
Page 1 of 1