Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

Trading Reputation : 0

warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Empty
PostSubject: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 1:14

[WARNING: This is gong to get pretty silly pretty quickly]

For 20+ years I have been a serious Wargamer playing warhammer and 40k very seriously with many painted serious armies. I'm looking for advice because that is all about to change...

I wanted to make a fey/fairy themed wood elf army but then I thunk "why not do Chaos Dwarves instead?" I have both the funds and motivation/patience to do this properly, but I'm wanting some advice. It will be a small (numerically) army but what colours should it be?

For the Infernal Guard: I was thinking a pink armour base with hot pink glitter+ metal/silver trim, but then I thought I could make shields for the FW Chaos Dwarves in the shape of Daisy's! If I painted their armour in green and painted the "shields" white with yellow centres the little brick of dwarves would look like a daisy patch! Standard would just be a taller bigger Daisy?

Yes I am slightly mad.

My general/sorcerer lord (Frangelica the Fabulous) will be on a flying carpet so I will model him on a small white fluffy cloud with a rainbow behind him. Not sure what colours I will paint him yes?

Bull Centaur paint him in the MY LITTLE PONLY colours of Twilight Sparkle or maybe rainbow dash not sure what colours his armour will be?

I just giggle to myself every time I think of this army, hopefully it will bring some good chuckles from my opponents as well!

Any other non-serious ideas for the army?
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 1:15

After just one game (Bar Brawl v's Beastmen) we have to do a page of backstory/fluff:

Evil has it’s bad days too, and one of its most embarrassing was the 23th day of the 2nd month of Imperial Year 2507. The day Frangelica the first son of the Chaos Dwarf High Priest was born…
A fellow Chaos Dwarf ‘Tinkerbell’ (Tink for short) was drinking in his splendid bright green armour with his new friend, Lance the Bestman, as a raging fist fight churned up the tavern around them.
“Lance, I’ve known ya for a minute, but I feel we really connect” Blurted Tink over his beer.
“Tink, that’s how I feel as well! Where are you from?” asked Lance over his pint of mead.
They both ducked as a bar stool flew over their heads. “Well, that’s quite a story” he shouted over the ruckus of the bar fight, shuffled in his chair & leaned closer. “I was the youngest son of the Chief Royal Guard in of the Obsidian Fortress of Zharr-Naggrund.”
SLAM! A dwarf dressed in hot pink armour was throwen into the bar right beside the new friends, spilling half Tinks beer.
“Frangelica!” Tink screamed over the roaring scrap, and with a grunt pushed him away staggering into the melee. Tink wiped the spill off the bar “Sorry, that’s Frangelica, and that hot pink dwarf is the reason why I’m here!”
Lance turned in his chair and followed Frangelica around the bar with his eyes “That is the most curious looking dwarf I have ever seen” Lance trailed off...
“We’re Chaos Dwarves, not Dawi” stated Tink “and curious is an understatement! Frangelica is more like an enigma, wrapped in curiosity that drowned in a rainbow!”
They both roared with laughter and their heads spun. “Phew that was strong ale.”
“I’d just survived my age of testing when fate intervened.” Tink rolled his eyes. “I had heard about the Life Curse of Frangelica and that life and plants bloomed everywhere he went.”
Tink noticed a few small green plants were growing in the dent in the bar that Frangelica’s head had just made. “See! He got exiled for this crap, and I was one of the ‘lucky’ ones that was hastily Bloodbound and sent with him! Tink isn’t my real name either, but Fragelica renamed us all just a mile away home, and it unfortunately stuck” He grumped.
Still, Tinkerbell thought, as a shiver went down his spine, he got off lightly compared to poor Guss Swifthoof; the once proud Bull Centaur, who’d been renamed Rainbow Dash!
Tink chuckled. “Where was I, Ahh; So we ‘acquired’ an Engine and our exile mission started: ‘To go overland to the Western Sea on a slave run, and never return’.”
“A respectable age old profession” Chimed Lance.
Tink nodded “Our engine needs repairs after Florence played with a few leavers and the main pressure chamber spat a whole boiler!” Tink despaired “And Mordheim looked homely.”
Tink bolted upright on his stool as a throwing knife bounced off the flower shield on his back.
“Well Tink,” Lance ventured “I think you’re the prettiest lady chaos dwarf I have ever seen.”
Tink chortled “I’m nooo lady Dorrf” he slurred after a good drag on his flagon.
“Really?!” balked Lance. “Sorry I just assumed with all that facial hair, the splendid bright green armour and the flower shield…”
Tink slapped Lance of the back in good humour “Don’t worry about it mate,” he said “for outlanders it can be a bit hard to tell… and you’re a handsome young fella too!”
“I’m not a fella.” Declared Lance with a wry smile “You really are new around here aint ya.”
There was an awkward thinking silence as both new friends drained their flagons.
Around them the fist fight tailed off into rowdy apologies, and then rowdier drinking games.
“What’s Lance short for?” Tink ventured as the bar broke into drunken song.
Gimme a pale, a barrel, a wagon,
“Lanceqūellẽr’skẳrhn” The Beastwoman proudly declared, batting her long eyelids at Tink.
Oh gimme a flask, a pot or a flagon,
Tink raised a bushy eyebrow “Well I can understand that my friend.” He smirked back.
Oh keep on pourin' til I be snorin'
“Barkeep!” Tink bellowed. “Another here… and one for this beautiful lady as well.”
Yes, gimme a drink of dwarven Ale!
Tink turned in his chair to Lance and asked “So what’s a pretty young lass like you, doing in a filthy, forgotten place like this?”…
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 1:16

Update: Some base colors done!

Saved for initial photos:
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2015 - 23:53

You should be terrified!
warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Terrif11

Tinkerbell ............. Fredrica ............. Florance ............. Frangelica ............. Rainbow Dash
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 0:47

FABULOUS...appropriately enough! The Vertically Challenged Deviants are WONDERFULLY imaginative creations. The potential for GREATNESS in a strange sort of way is there. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup

Way back when, our Fearless Leader Tom painted up an Orc & Goblin War Band in the vain attempt to lure his Girl Friend into the game. You might get some inspiration from it

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 4:43

Oh my. I suppose it has something to do with long winters...

Great warband thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 8:27

Oh dear, this was indeed silly.

Very interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Ranez
Youngblood
Youngblood
Ranez

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2015 - 14:11

They say that madness is close to genius, I'm not sure what this is classed as, but I love it just the same!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband   warband - Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fabulous Chaos Dwarves Warband
Page 1 of 1