Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A storm gathering in Marienburg

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilish
Hero
Hero
Devilish

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Empty
PostSubject: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015 - 21:30

Hello all!

This is the beginning of our Mutiny in Marienburg campaign.

Main warbands:

Heinrich's Hounds - Witch Hunters (Devilish)
???                       - Low Kings (Alex)

We sat down at a bar to plan our campaign and took the chance of playing a game as well. Last Orders! barbrawl was the most appropriate for the occasion.

Here's the battle.

After setup:

marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg The_bo10
marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg The_bo11

Heinrich sat in a quiet room with Franz his trusty warhound at his feet. The rest of his "Hounds" where out in the general area of the tavern searching for a fisherman they where here to meet. There had been rumours that followers of Stromfels where gathering around Marienburg and the fisherman would shed some light on the matter.

It was late and the tavern was bustling with people. A group of mismatch actors stood out of the crowd drawing suspicious looks from the Witch Hunters. When one dressed up as Sigmar claimed to be Sigmar himself they couldn't take it anymore. The Flagellant Pious Paul struck down the imposter while Jaws the albino warhound took down another unsuspecting foe. Swiftly the others followed. Hans stared Death in the eyes and took him down with a well aimed punch. The carnival quickly fell to the hunters frenzied attack and followed swiftly the fleeing patrons out of the tavern.

Only a man slumped by his ale was left in the bar. The pool of blood by his feet told something was amiss. Heinrich turned him over confirming his suspicion, the man was dead with his throat slit with serrated blade. To his annoyance it was also the fisherman they where to meet. With no clues of note they took little money the man had and paid for the damages. Something was afoot, Heinrich knew it and this was onlythe beginning.

So it began. It was a brief game, lasted 2 or 3 turns. The dice really shone on my side. Hopefully next time would the game last longer. We'll keep you posted when the campaign continues.

Sorry for the dark pics, somehow the flash didn't work. Alex took some pics too, hopefully better quality.
@Alex, please correct me if remembered anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015 - 22:00

Well written. I'm looking forward to more reports in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 3:17

Woot! Good to see you guys starting a campaign. I'm amazed you can play Mordheim in a bar in Finnland. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Hero
Hero
Devilish

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 10:27

It was suitably quiet Sunday afternoon at the bar. We were there at 3 PM when te doors opened so we got a good corner table.

Our focus in this campaign is the story. First things we thought of was why thewarbands where in Marienburg and what are they seking/wishing to accomplish.

We will be fielding different NPC warbands to spice things up and as tools for the story. Story will evolve around the two main warbands.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 14:03

It seemed like all the great adventures from my AD&D days began with some problems at a drinking establishment. Your game is just begun and already there are sinister undertones & diabolical plots afoot. This should be an EPIC campaign. Keep up the GREAT WORK; & good luck finding better lighting!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 17:07

Good start mate! Count Olaf's Theater Troupe will have vengeance!

But here is how it really went down. Wink

Partially overheard discussion between Count Olaf and a woman suspected to be Lisette Leerer.

"But my lady, you have got to understand that it wasn't our fault! We knew, of course we knew, that the Overturned Cart is a guild protected tavern. But those damnable witch takers clearly has no respect for this thing of ours. There we were, we had just performed the Albioner play and..."

"Wait Olaf, what are you talking about?"

"Ahrm.. well my lady, I meant to say we had just performed the Tragedy of McDeath and earned quite a nice sum. So of course, being a kind and generous soul I wanted to let the lads have some fun and enjoy some mead and beer. We talked and enjoyed ourselves when suddenly the hag burners are accusing us of sinning while smashing bottles into the lads heads. The boys fought like wolves but the bastards had us cornered. I myself took on two of them at once only to be hit from behind, we barely got out of there alive. Come now my lady, surely you can not blame this on us! I am a serious thespian and I have grand plans for my company!"

"No, Olaf, you are a liar and an idiot. You and your gang of low lives now work for the Guild. You have been causing havoc for too long. Don't think I don't remember those fires you started and how you were outsmarted by a three orphans. Orphans Olaf, you were foiled by orphans! I'll be keeping my eye on you, be sure of that."

marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg WP_000431_zpsipy4s8q0

marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg WP_000431_zpsipy4s8q0

marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg WP_000429_zpsu9qvx9bi
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 17:22

They must serve some potent potables in this place. I swear the floor is twisting & all the furnishings went flat...what a rush!   drunken
NICE addendum to The Report...Olaf just doesn't get any respect.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2015 - 6:27

Great start!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A storm gathering in Marienburg   marienburg - A storm gathering in Marienburg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A storm gathering in Marienburg
Page 1 of 1