Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SkaerKrow
Warrior
Warrior
SkaerKrow

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Empty
PostSubject: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 10:47

It's me again, with more homebrew. A friend of mine had decided to start up an Undead warband, but was severely disappointed by the lack of skeletons in the list. He was further disappointed when he discovered that he could not buy a horse for his vampire, as he wanted to model them as a vampiric knight. I did some poking around in Town Cryer and on the Mordheimer's page, but couldn't find any solutions for him that fit the power curve of our campaign. Being me, I decided to try my hand at coming up with my own spin on an Undead warband list that would suit his interests.. Behold, the Blood Knights. I accidentally omitted it from the PDF, but the warband's maximum size is 15 models. I've taken care to aim for making this list different from the official Undead warband, not objectively better. Anyhow, I hope that you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Scythas
Warrior
Warrior
Scythas

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 12:57

The list sounds great! I still wonder if allowing running next to the vampire is too good when also considering that the vampire may never truly die.

Also, by forbiding using a weapon in each hand for the skeletons as seen in many other skeleton based list, would be a good idea. Maybe you should also forbid the vampire from ever learning magic, as he is a blood knight after all and would not trample with magicks. Smile

In any case, this list is a very tanky one thanks to the undead rules.
Back to top Go down
http://KuoFi.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 15:16

I have to admit that I am baffled by this could not buy a horse thing.  The Blazing Saddles rules are like nearly able to vote.  Awful in places, but still. No horse is allowed to Vampires, but a Nightmare is really ONLY available to vampires and has similar stats to a skeletal steed.

So what rules does your group play by?  The warband seems to written for the original rulebook from '99, which is a bit out of date.

The warband name implies plural knights, but alas allows only one.

Other than these quibbles, it seems a solid effort.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 22 Feb 2015 - 16:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 16:08

Scythas wrote:
The list sounds great! I still wonder if allowing running next to the vampire is too good when also considering that the vampire may never truly die.

I think I agree with this. I've always seen the exception that allows Undead to buy back their leader to actually refer to the same leader returning again from the grave, just in a weaker state. That is undying enough in my book. Smile
Back to top Go down
SkaerKrow
Warrior
Warrior
SkaerKrow

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 18:13

We are using the core rulebook, with the last rules revision released by Games Workshop (the last official PDF, basically). We've kept most of the Town Cryer content out of our campaign because it's a lot to process, with power levels that are all over the map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)   warband - Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experimental Undead Warband (Blood Knights)
Page 1 of 1