Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Vampires and serious injuries

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Vampires and serious injuries Empty
PostSubject: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 23:08

I was just curious how you guys play Vampires, when they roll Madness or Bitter Enmity on the Serious Injury chart, or hell, if they find The Executioners Hood? I've really never even considered it. Every group I've ever played with just rolled with it, but RAW, I suppose a Vampire should be immune to the effects of it.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 23:16

RAW they ignore those effects.

I like the house rule in VK's group that makes undead immune to fear, all alone, etc but not immune to hatred, frenzy or stupidity. It is a house rule that I've adopted in my group.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 23:35

We've been playing it that they're immune to all psychology effects, like the rules says. Aside from rout tests, of course. Smile

Warhammer has introduced vampires with both frenzy, hatred and stupidity so there's a precedence for letting them suffer from it in Mordheim as well, but I like the emotionally hollow approach more... and that it creates a harmless serious injury result in the 20's. cheers
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 1:15

Our groups vampire got results of frenzy and a hatred of dwarfs. We've let the hatred go on, but nixed the frenzy.

He a frustrated vampire, who has a lot of ground to make up after a slow start in the campagne.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 13:55

We have the same House rule as RL and VK. Think I have had it up before with Slayers and Hatred against Greenskins; it simply doesn't fit the story imo.
Same with a Vampire, who can get all emotional in my book as well!
Back to top Go down
MasterSpark
Warlord
Warlord
MasterSpark

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 14:31

Aipha wrote:

Same with a Vampire, who can get all emotional in my book as well!

I'd like to present an abstract reasoning on why hatred might not affect a vampire. I don't have the sources with me at the moment but I think I've got them in order.

Living beings in the Warhammer world has a soul which also exists as a reflection of them inside the realm of chaos. The chaos gods feed on emotions reflected by the souls of the living, creating a bond between them that the gods can influence. An individual who suffers from hatred and/or frenzy might be channeling energy from the chaos god Khorne who lives off of and fuels these emotions.  However, the process of becoming a vampire includes having the soul removed from the realm of chaos and stored entirely inside the physical body, severing all ties to the aether. A vampire who hates something might then feel the emotion as strongly as any living being but will lack the feedback from the realm of chaos, making the actual effect lesser. This is what makes undeath the true opposite to chaos in Warhammer and the only thing that can actually stop it.

Note that this does nothing to explain why slayers and other nutters aren't affected by hatred and stuff, though, so it's probably not something to put your money on. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and serious injuries   Vampires and serious injuries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampires and serious injuries
Page 1 of 1