Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Experimental Gnoblar Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Draknirv
Youngblood
Youngblood
Draknirv

Trading Reputation : 0

warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Empty
PostSubject: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 10:04

Hello.

Been an avid Mordheim player for a few months now and I noticed no one has made a proper Gnoblar Warband as of yet. Being how I am, I decided to rectify this purely for the desire of having the empty space filled out.

What I figured to capture the Gnoblar's effectiveness on the battlefield was a larger band of weedy and weaker characters with the mildly irritating and occasionally hilarious habit of incredible luck in the form of re-rolls.

The current is only a first draft and I'm posting it here to get non-friend feedback on what things could change and what things should change to overall improve the warband.

Here is a dropbox link to the .txt https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82856138/Gnoblars%20(WIP).txt

So, how does it look? Any improvements necessary?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:54

These kind of "weakling" warbands are always problematic. The members suck and what can you do about it without changing them too much?

In all honesty I would probably just use skaven and not bother writing new rules. But don't let that stop you if you really want your own warband. I used to play with a snotling warband I wrote, it was a moral victory if I took anything out of action Smile
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Draknirv
Youngblood
Youngblood
Draknirv

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:37

Alex wrote:
These kind of "weakling" warbands are always problematic. The members suck and what can you do about it without changing them too much?

In all honesty I would probably just use skaven and not bother writing new rules. But don't let that stop you if you really want your own warband. I used to play with a snotling warband I wrote, it was a moral victory if I took anything out of action Smile

I tried to balance that factor out with the whole idea of re-rolls. Gnoblars are often lucky to an extreme compared to other races, and this not only represents that but also helps to get around the whole 2 ws 2 str thing.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 0:06

What happens if the Leader dies? No Honcho Helmet, no Rhinoxen? A shame!
Back to top Go down
Draknirv
Youngblood
Youngblood
Draknirv

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 0:51

Aipha wrote:
What happens if the Leader dies? No Honcho Helmet, no Rhinoxen? A shame!

The same that would happen if any other warband's leader dies? the next highest LD hero becomes the warband leader. And the Rhinoxen can count as a henchman or a mount, so if the Honcho riding it dies, it would still be in the warband, no?
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 1:36

Alright. Well, my point just is that it's a shame to make 'Starting Leader' specific items, as the leader might easily go die someday and then you'd loose the Helmet (at least) permanently.
Back to top Go down
Draknirv
Youngblood
Youngblood
Draknirv

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 2:01

Aipha wrote:
Alright. Well, my point just is that it's a shame to make 'Starting Leader' specific items, as the leader might easily go die someday and then you'd loose the Helmet (at least) permanently.

It's not that only the Honcho can equip it, it's that only he can buy it. Let's say you have a thiefstone and the Honcho bites the dust, you could easily get it back and plop it on the replacement character...perhaps I should edit it's description to state that only the warband leader can use it, rather than just stating only the Honcho can buy it.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015 - 2:04

Draknirv wrote:
Aipha wrote:

...perhaps I should edit it's description to state that only the warband leader can use it, rather than just stating only the Honcho can buy it.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experimental Gnoblar Warband   warband - Experimental Gnoblar Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experimental Gnoblar Warband
Page 1 of 1