Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Returning to Mordheim

Go down 
+12
Bolbotos
qboid
Redmane
floedebolle
Devilish
Grimscull
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Paboook
Mike
Morghot
whiskeytango
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2016 - 22:53

I absolutely adore that rat ogre, he's an absolute delight! The wolf rat is a great conversion and one I'd never thought of (I always forget about those fenrisian wolves) and that Assassin Adept is genius. I have to ask though where is the Reiklander captain from? Can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 18:08

Thanks guys.

@Black Flame: The Reiklander Captain is made from Greatswords legs and torso, with a head and arms from the Empire Knights champion.
Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2016 - 16:36

Holy crap man, your version of the Slaughterpriest-into-Norseman conversion looks great, what's your recipe for doing tattoos?

Loving your Skaven stuff too, Thanquol in particular - it's amazing how good some of the ET/AoS models can look once they've been toned down a little by someone with the restraint and taste so lacking in their original sculptors Razz If you ever get a chance to use them I'd value your feedback on my Clan Moulder warband rules.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2016 - 7:05

Yodhrin wrote:
Holy crap man, your version of the Slaughterpriest-into-Norseman conversion looks great, what's your recipe for doing tattoos?

Loving your Skaven stuff too, Thanquol in particular - it's amazing how good some of the ET/AoS models can look once they've been toned down a little by someone with the restraint and taste so lacking in their original sculptors Razz If you ever get a chance to use them I'd value your feedback on my Clan Moulder warband rules.

Thanks man! I love your stuff, so its cool to hear from you. For the tattoos, sorry i can't remember the new names of the paints, its that medium blue as a base, then that blue that used to be teclis blue inside of it. I've tried just doing a single color before, and it never looks finished, despite plenty of real life tattoos just being one color. Mini's man, i tell ya. I really like your Moulder warband. I may try to incorporate some of that into my own. I especially like goading mechanics.

These next few guys I hadn't planned to get started on so soon, but I got tricked into buying some parts for them. I noticed that the marauder horsemen set had shot up in price on ebay, so I checked GW's website, and it was no where to be found, so I figured with all the new Chaos warband stuff, they had ceased making the horsemen. So I bought the cheapest set I could find, and decided to start on the Norsemen when it arrived. Lo and behold, a couple days ago I see the announcement that they were just repacking it in the new age of sigmar boxes with round bases. Bastards. So, anyways, my apeing of Yodhrins marauders continues. Haven't done any of the necessary sculpting yet, just kind of felt like piecing them together at this point. All of the hunters have shackles (you can't see them on the one in the middle), for whatever reason.

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1454131797266_zpsdorfrxhj

and a Berzerker pal for the tattooed Berzerk from the last page. Made from a Bloodstoker, but with a pair of axes. I really like that he's fat, for some reason.

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1454131433676.jpg_zpsgines3ga
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2016 - 16:54

Very fun models, interested in what else you do with them.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2016 - 17:07

The Chaos Lads have potential. Have FUN with them!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2016 - 21:03

Still not the best pics, but here's some more painted stuff.

First, an Agent and a Quarryman for the Estalian Inquisition list i wrote years ago (found here: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5748-the-estalian-inquisition )

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Agent_zpsmwx0bady

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Agent2_zpsycnp2s28

and I painted up one of my Norsemen

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Agent3_zpsvhdx4t0b
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2016 - 21:10

But I wasn't expecting the Estalian Inquisition! There now that I got that out of my system, the Unexpected Ones & the Barbarian Dude look FANTASTIC...GREAT brushwork. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Your skin tones are especially nice/warm.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 6:06

DeafNala wrote:
But I wasn't expecting the Estalian Inquisition! There now that I got that out of my system, the Unexpected Ones & the Barbarian Dude look FANTASTIC...GREAT brushwork. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Your skin tones are especially nice/warm.   What a Face

Thanks Deaf. I appreciate you always taking the time to comment.

Got a few more things. Just conversions at this point, no paint yet.

Plague Priest for my Clan Pestilens warband:

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1455420196148.jpg_zps9scauw3c

Wulfen for my Norscans:

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1455420407405.jpg_zpsgxckxceb

Orc Boss for Da Horde:

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Orc%20big%20boss_zpsi3mganxn

More work on a Brute for my Carnival of Chaos guys. The face on the necklace is supposed to look like a mask, but its kind of just reading as a skinned face. Which is also ok:

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1455420315777.jpg_zpsgaxxzoog

and more Brethen for the CoC than I'll ever actually hire, but I kind finding more musician parts. My CoC is going to be really heavily inspired by Foot's possessed, with my tainted ones being direct rip offs of his mutants with the greek comedy and tragedy masks. Note: I should cool it with the filters on the collage pics. Makes things too hard to see

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Img1455420811195_zpsuweqgj4r
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 14:05

Your pieces are universally BEAUTIFULLY crafted. The Chaos Boys can add WONDERFULLY imaginative to the description, GREAT WORK once more!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 15:04

Another great update. You are producing some amazing models. Thank you for referencing your inspiration, there are so many wonderful warbands on this forum that I often lose track of some of them.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2016 - 4:52

Thanks guy! I get a lot of inspiration (read "things to steal") from the warbands people post here. Foot especially has been a target of my theft campaign.

This next one is a miniature I've been wanting to make for a long time, but I never knew how I'd go about it. For a game about over the top fantasy, for the longest time there was a real dearth of dynamically posed, heavily armored character (well, one that weren't covered in skulls and spikes and wearing leather boots... WHY DO ALL CHAOS PEOPLE WEAR BOOTS INSTEAD OF ARMOR LEG PIECES?!) But now that the Stormcast Eternals are out, I found my base.

This is a Redemptor for Inquisition warband (found here: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5748-the-estalian-inquisition ). Redemptors are lobotomized, roided out Bretonnian knights who are guard dogs for Inquisitors, so the Liberators huge body was a perfect base for him. Even worked out that the Inquisition is Sigmar based, so the hammer motifs work well for him.

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Redemptor_zpsrwx95min
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2016 - 13:34

While I may not be thrilled with the background, that is a SPLENDID looking conversion. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 18:53

Cool convertions bro!!!
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 18:28

Introducing Captain Wolfgang Zwergfreund, of the Schwarzvogel Landsknecht Co., hailing from the city of Averheim.

"Being the eldest son of the great Duke Gerhardt Zwergfreund, Wolfgang inherited his fathers wealth and title when Gerhardt was unceremoniously crushed by a falling boulder during the victory speech to his regiment following their defense against a horde of Greenskins at the Black Fire Pass. While a proficient leader and exceptional fighter, Wolfgang proved to be a vain and avaricious man, wasting away the bulk of his family's fortune on suits of armor, clothing, accouterments for the family manor, a second manor to house his menagerie of courtesans, a manor sized stable to house his prized horses, and a stable sized kennel to house his hounds. However, his most ostentatious (and some might say sacrilegious) action was most certainly his commission of a great warhammer in the likeness of Ghal Maraz itself. For this he spared no expense, taking advantage of the bond of friendship his ancestor Wilhelm Zwergfreund made with the dwarves, to hire one of the greatest smiths in Karaz-a-Karak for the deed.

Once the old money became less abundant, Wolfgang turned to his uncle (on his mother's side) Frederick Brunhold, who agreed to finance a mercenary operation, with Wolfgang in the lead, in exchange for a percentage of the profit. After much bickering over how great a percentage that would be, Wolfgang founded The Schwarzvogel Landsknecht Company.

Two years after its founding, in the late months of the year 1999, the Company found itself on the edge of insolvency, as Wolfgang proved himself incapable of reining in his extravagant spending, arming his men with weapons of the finest making and gilding them in oppulent uniforms. But fate often smiles upon the foolish, for on New Years Eve, the Emperors Wrath smashed into Mordheim, and within the walls of the decimated city, a fool may indeed find a new path to fortune. So it was that Captain Wolfgang Zwergfreund, Lord of Fools, marched the fighting men of the Schwarzvogel Landsknecht Co. to the City of the Damned, to find riches enough for one hundred life times."

mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Wolfgang_zpstfbxiuty
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 19:56

Looks even better when posted here Wink

Love the background.
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2016 - 9:20

Love Wolfgang's tale and great to see an Averlander (my favourite mercenary band) looking so fine. Not many Averlander bands about so hope to see more of the Schwarzvogel Landsknecht Co.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Mordheim   mordheim - Returning to Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning to Mordheim
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3