Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Black Flame paints...

Go down 
+9
Yodhrin
whiskeytango
floedebolle
SerialMoM
Grimscull
Alex
Vissah
DeafNala
The Black Flame
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:39

Dwarves look ace Smile
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 22:28

Happy New Year! Yes finally I have time to post once again! Mordheim warband progress ground to a skittering halt after starting a new job at the end of August and then getting mixed up with some Battlefleet Gothic building/painting/gaming which was great fun, I really love that game. Anyhoo now here we are at the beginning of 1016 and I really felt the need to make some progress in the City of the Damned once again but maybe this will be more slow and steady progress then trying to go full pelt at it and getting hobby burn out once again.

Right now for the pictures!

First up is a selection of my 99% finished Reiklander gang, I say 99% finished but that's just these models I still have maybe 10 or so more that have just been primed but we'll see them in glorious techincolour soon.

BTW apologies for the photoquality, this was all taken on my phone as I haven't had a chance to get my decent camera set up yet.

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 HvTZC7vl

That youngblood has possibly one of the best faces I've painted. fingers crossed I can keep that up from now on.

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 55xilMRl

I love that long rifle, also painting stripes on trousers is hard work.

Now for some dwarfy goodness, much more WIP than the boys from the Reik but some paint has been applied Razz

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 CJsaolRl

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 ZzKrviNl

Also a conversion I'm working on for a Dwarf shield maiden (yes I have been watching too much Vikings, dat Lagertha Wink  ) I'd like to have 2 of them ideally but this is the test model so far Smile

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 VX2c6Jal

Now I have tons of other bits and bobs floating around at the mo but just as a taster here's a couple of my other projects on the go...sort of Razz

WIP Cavalcade models
The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Z5atJjIl

And finally my own (con)version of Johann the Knife (much better pics soon I promise)
The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 KJTx6iUl

If you want to see better pics of the building I was taking pics on you can hop over to my terrain thread myah
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 22:57

WELCOME BACK! You have some FINE LOOKING pieces there or potentially so. OUTSTANDING STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan 2016 - 2:01

Woot! Great to see all the stuff you are up to. Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2016 - 0:52

Thanks guys Very Happy, I'm glad to be back. I have to be honest and say one of the buggest problems I have is often deciding what to paint and then sticking with it. I'm so horribly, wonderfully overburdened with minis and conversion ideas its difficult to stay consistent but like I said a slow and steady approach may work better in the long run, I just need to remind myself to stay consistent and not get over excited or over ambitious. Anyhoo I'll definitely have more to show tomorrow, there a certain elf character who is well underway paint wise Smile
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2016 - 8:47

The Black Flame wrote:
Thanks guys Very Happy, I'm glad to be back. I have to be honest and say one of the buggest problems I have is often deciding what to paint and then sticking with it. I'm so horribly, wonderfully overburdened with minis and conversion ideas its difficult to stay consistent but like I said a slow and steady approach may work better in the long run, I just need to remind myself to stay consistent and not get over excited or over ambitious. Anyhoo I'll definitely have more to show tomorrow, there a certain elf  character who is well underway paint wise Smile

That's my issue too, or at least that was the issue before my Daughter was born, now she just saps all my energy and means I can't do anything during her waking hours lol.
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2016 - 22:48

Apologies for the delay I meant to have this chap posted up on Saturday but such is life Smile
So finally, my first completely finished Mordheim mini, Aenur, the Sword of Twilight.

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 S7tuuril The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 1ZN0S07l

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 VC6Mclkl

More to follow soon Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2016 - 22:54

The Pointy Eared Warrior looks TERRIFIC, especially in that BEAUTIFUL setting. OUTSTANDING WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2016 - 23:33

Cheers, DN Very Happy I wanted a more classic high elf colour palette, so many people seem to give him a red cloak. A bit of weathering to give him that outdoors, been through the mill look and well with a sword like that it needs to be seeing some action Smile Next up should be my conversion of Johann the knife, he's under the brush as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 5:18

Excellent realization of a classic thumbsup
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 16:05

man, i love that. Especially the dirt on the cape.
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2016 - 9:32

Thank you both VK  and Whiskey Smile

A quick update  with a problem that seems to occur when I go rummaging in my bits boxes. You start off looking for a tiny wee bat and end up with a Manticore. (VERY wip :p)

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Px5q8ow
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2016 - 14:01

WONDERFUL things can come from distractions...that's my excuse; feel free to borrow it. The Manticore is EXCELLENT, just the thing for a Monster Hunt. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 31 Jan 2016 - 2:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2016 - 16:36

That's the best use of the giant's head I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. It's looking great so far, now I'm curious for pics of this thig painted.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2016 - 17:13

Fantastic painting job! And Johann is awesome!
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2016 - 18:23

DUUUUUDE

That manticore is ingenious. I can't place the main body, is that one of the ogre mounts?
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2016 - 1:09

Deaf Nala: I am totally hijacking that excuse Very Happy Glad you like him Smile

Grimscull: Cheers dude, dunno why I'd never thought of it before I've had all the bits in the same box for ages now. Very Happy

Vagabond
: Many thanks Smile Johann is about 50% painted at the mo though he's having a rest inbetween monster work.

whiskeytango: The body is from a High elf white lion, I'd picked up a spare at some point in time. I just trimmed the mane back a little, took off the shoulder armour and added the giants head. Glad you like him Very Happy

And here's the update:

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 ZQphpc1l

The tail got a complete resculpt as I wasn't happy with the original, if you're wondering what its made from its a 50/50 mix of Milliput super fine white and greenstuff. The milliput makes it soooo much easier to file back. Some extra horns for added ferocity and padding out the mane, filling in gaps and we're almost ready for an undercoat!

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 D5hCrlrl
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2016 - 2:14

LOOKIN' BETTER! It was a FINE piece before, but the reworked tail & extra horns add a lot to the miniature. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2016 - 19:02

Not a big fan of the extra horns, they just don't add anything for me. Otherwise the beast is looking good and scary.
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2016 - 23:30

Deaf Nala: Thanks man, I think its worked out nicely, as always \i appreciate your enthusiasm Very Happy

Von Kurst: No worries chap, I see where you are coming from, I wasn't 100% on them at first but I think it added just that little extra  in the end.

Anyway, finally its painted! Needs a couple of touch ups but I'm leaving those till I figure out the base.

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Ib0WkOvl

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 8VNTT3Ul

Of course once you start making monsters you inevitably come across a Dragon, well a dragonling in this case Very Happy

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 EoKU9jCl

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Zp94xE5l

The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 8aOEWgRl

Still plenty of work to do on this guy but I'm pleased with the start Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2016 - 23:39

The Beasty that's done & his work in progress associate are OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2016 - 5:39

I'm really liking all your beasts. Very inventive ways to make them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Flame paints...   The Black Flame paints... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Flame paints...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2