Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Orcs and Armours?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 15:54

After our first couple of matches last night we began to discuss armour on Orcs. After looking the main rulebook, the orc addition as well as checking Mordheimer.com, we agreed to disagree upon what kinds of armour orcs and goblins may wear, and thought it would be wise to get a second...well 7th oppinion. Oh and clubs as well. May Orcs, their heroes and goblins wear these with a new rule addition?

Regards, a warhammer club split in two jocolor
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:04

...orcs cant take clubs? Thats the ballsiest thing I have ever seen...just give em 2 axes or w/e more attacks = win.

and in regards to armour you can wear any armour you find unless noted otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:15

Well they can't buy the club from the starting equipment list found in the White Dwarf version of their warband roster, so we were unsure as whether to allow it anyway, but decided to allow my warband to use them anyway. I love you

So our Orcs may purchase Heavy / Elven / Dwarven armours after our first battles? Orcs and Armours? 2194
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:18

1. Orcs may buy clubs for 3gc. The lack of them in their equipment last was an oversight and they may now officially use clubs (see Mordheim Rules Review).

2. Orcs may wear Light armour, shield and hammer (see their equipment list). Gromril and Ithilmar armours are considered to be special kinds of heavy armour and can thus only be used by models who have "heavy armour" in their equipment list. This means that Orcs may only use light armour but not heavy, Ithilmar or Gromril armour. Goblins e.g. never wear any sort of armour (even if you had 20 pieces of Gromril armour in your storage). This issue has been answered in an official Mordheim FAQ (see Mordheim.com).

This should clear things up.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
AlexBware
Captain
Captain
AlexBware

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:19

Regarding the clubs, I am not a 100% sure. I believe I recall an official changing of the rules, that meant that orcs were allowed to buy and use clubs from the start.

However - it is NOT allowed to use any armor not listed along the starting equipment (Ilthmar and Gromril armor are both regarded as heavy armor).

So your orcs may "only" wear light armor. Goblins are only allowed to use shields.

/AlexBware
Back to top Go down
AlexBware
Captain
Captain
AlexBware

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:19

Double post :-)

/AlexBware
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:27

Thanks for clearing up our argument on the armours. Good to have these things settled before we start a large campaign king

You are most welcome! Thread closed.
--cianty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orcs and Armours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orcs and Armours?   Orcs and Armours? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orcs and Armours?
Page 1 of 1