Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
WoollySMASH
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WoollySMASH

WoollySMASH

Trading Reputation : 0

Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Empty
PostSubject: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 1:38

Hey folks,

I was directed to this little hole in the wall by Reddit, and was advised that it would be a perfect fit for me.

There isn't much to say about me. I'm 25, Canadian, and no stranger to the world of modeling and creating things but never really got into the world of miniatures. I tried my hand at warhammer when I was a youngling but could never really get into it, and I feel it was a lack of an attention span which caused that.

Recently I have had a creators itch, and have just been dying to build, customize and tinker. It started with creative worldbuilding but that desire has grown into something which is more physical. This itch lead me back to the world of miniatures, and I've begun purchasing random grab bags of bits just to build displays and practice painting and conversions. All this has lead to a desire to create my own game boards, but without any real knowledge of miniwargaming I had been searching for a game which would fit and I believe Mordheim is that fit.

So here I am! A complete casual n00b ready to be molded by experts found here. I plan to lurk around for a while I have a lot of reading to do so I can get up to speed and a grasp of the game, hopefully I won't embarrass myself too horribly.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 1:46

Hey, Woolly! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless leader Tom's   Sleep  Yet On Occasion Oh-So-Cool & Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY!  cheers

I'm sure browsing around will give you ideas for your own style of modeling.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 13:32

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 22:55

Welcome, WoolySMASH!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 0:13

Welcome, WoollySMASH!
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2015 - 15:00

Ah sweet! Another fine Canadian. Where up are do you live? I'm in Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome    Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ahoy! Completely new to all things mini and awesome
Page 1 of 1