Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Link to most commonly used ruleset?

Go down 
+2
Grimscull
Oathed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oathed

Oathed

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Link to most commonly used ruleset? Empty
PostSubject: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:53

I found Coreheim rules - are these the most commonly used rules nowadays?

Could we have a sticky at the top of this forum with links to the most common rule sets?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:25

Hi!
I'm pretty sure no two player-groups play the exact same game as it is very common to houserule a lot and many groups use rules that are rather far away from the original rules (due to the original rules not being very handy in a lot of situations).
Coreheim is exactly that: houserules that are somewhat based on the original rules but heavily modified.
I couldn't tell if there is a ruleset that established itself well enough to be used by a lot of player groups. If you want to check out what was last published by GW, there are links in the "Mordheim Resources" section of the forum. You can find the PDF's of the rulebook here (along with some other rules):
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=02B7C1D22EA7D959&id=2B7C1D22EA7D959%21153&authkey=%21AByFcnV1qMjZdzg
They are the 3 PDFs "Rules - rulebook part 1" (, 2 and 3)
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 20:14

I am not sure how popular coreheim rules are but I don't see them discussed very much here at Tom's. While every group will have their own set of house rules and tweaks I think most use the original rules set with additions of annuals, errata, etc. Even though it can cause a headache at times the complexity available from the "official" rules is well worth it. Warband selection is quite slim in coreheim, and was a primary reason our group did not care for it.

Definitely use the resource that RationalLemming has put together at the link Grimscull shared.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jan 2015 - 15:31

We use the official rules with a small scattering of house rules.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 15:18

A similar discussion--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8039-best-version-for-a-campaign

And of course my vote for the 'official' rules even though my group uses a lot of house rules too. It is possible that some members of the forum may use Coreheim rules but just not advertise it due to its lack of popularity on this site. Shotguncoffee is our most vocal coreheim supporter.
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jan 2015 - 4:10

Yeah, esssentially you've walked in to a Manchester United bar and asked if anyone here fancies Liverpool Very Happy

Official rules are more widelyused - I'd say 65/35.

And these are the typical differences:

Coreheim:
+Balance
+Streamlined
+Multiple builds for each warband
+Clearly written rules
-Fewer warbands
-Less luck & randomness (which many players enjoy)
-Fewer pieces of special equipment
-"Soul of the game"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link to most commonly used ruleset?   Link to most commonly used ruleset? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Link to most commonly used ruleset?
Page 1 of 1