Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)

Go down 
+2
Lord 0
dishwasherlove
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dishwasherlove

dishwasherlove

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014 - 14:38

We all have that annoying friend who can't be convinced to play anything but an Elf warband. Well I do anyway.

Thankfully for me the community at Druchii.net have attempted to create a Dark Elf warband that wasn't terribly broken. Unfortunately there wasn't a nice looking .pdf of those rules. I have taken it upon myself to create one for the community, attached below. Let me know what you think of the layout and if anyone doesn't mind proof reading it to see if I have added any mistakes that would be awesome.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzEpAQFdvWPXSlpDNEVvWGNnYk0&authuser=0

Last edited by dishwasherlove on Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 13:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014 - 18:54

Very nice. I have one of the older sets of rules that we use. I will totally be stealing this one to use instead Smile.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014 - 19:55

dishwasherlove wrote:
Thankfully for me the community at Druchii.net have attempted to create a Dark Elf warband that wasn't terribly broken. Unfortunately there wasn't a nice looking .pdf of those rules. I have taken it upon myself to create one for the community, attached below. Let me know what you think of the layout and if anyone doesn't mind proof reading it to see if I have added any mistakes that would be awesome.

Nice work! Huge thumbs up for that effort!

It doesn't quite fit with the one we use in our group, which is the one at Mordheimer. But is this one more developed? I wouldn't believe so, but who am I to judge; just read it through quickly and saw some dramatic changes! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014 - 21:58

Nice! I have an earlier draft of this Druchii warband and the few minor changes are nice. Slowly collecting the models to try it out.
Back to top Go down
dishwasherlove

dishwasherlove

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014 - 23:26

This list was developed by the community of Dark Elf WFB players at druchii.net. They created it in response to the fact the Lustrian list was considered overpowered. I can't really speak for the content of the .pdf, you can find more information about it here: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=72&sid=c243b66935cfdbb1d4c5836662c04e0c

I only really created it because when I was seaching the web I could only find a .pdf of an older version.

Dissapointingly I also have a friend who wants to play High Elves. If there is enough interest I might create a similar .pdf from whatever rules are most balanced for them (Maybe the Lustrian High Elf rules?)
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2014 - 2:50

In my group we use these rules for High Elves. We balanced our elves slightly differently, so they may need tweaking to fit better in your group. I have the odt the pdf was generated from, if that would make your life easier. For the tweaking, I mean.

In particular, they still have the Excellent Sight as a racial, rather than a special skill. They *do* have the racial T3 max though.
Back to top Go down
dishwasherlove

dishwasherlove

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2014 - 21:23

Looks like someone has done my job for me. I had only seen the Lustra .pdf version of the High Elf rules but that one is really nice. I wonder if it is worth sitting down with the high/wood/dark elf bands and making the elven abilities comparable across the three. Maybe a job for another day.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 3:14

Quote :
I had only seen the Lustra .pdf version of the High Elf rules but that one is really nice.
I am not familiar with a Lustian pdf? Where is that found?

Quote :
they still have the Excellent Sight as a racial, rather than a special skill.
I've been curious about this since we started our new campaign. The High Elf player keeps saying that Excellent sight is a skill for him, I thought he was just missing the rule, but there's a version without Excellent Sight? Where's that found?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 7:18

The High Elf warband that Lord 0 linked seems to be identical to the High Elves [Lustria Setting].pdf warband just with the nice layout. Excellent Sight is a racial special rule. This is the list we are considering using in our group.

We are also debating using the Long-Lived rule for all elf warbands. Henchmen must ignore the first LGT roll and re-roll the advancement. The Asrai Wayfarer warband we have chosen uses this rule and we are thinking of extending it to dark and high elves as well.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 13:03

I must admit I often feel a bit confused by some discussions.

Quote :
The High Elf warband that Lord 0 linked seems to be identical to the High Elves [Lustria Setting].pdf warband just with the nice layout

Yes, I have a link to the warband Lord 0 posted, but I was wondering where the original was found, since as I said I was not aware that there WAS a Lustrian High Elf Warband.  

Quote :
I had only seen the Lustra .pdf version of the High Elf rules but that one is really nice.
So the Lord 0 and dishwasher have been discussing the same warband? Which is still found where?

Quote :
Excellent Sight is a racial special rule.
Yes that is what we have been telling our elf player, who like elf players everywhere is kind of stubborn (shouldn't he play dwarfs?).  He keeps saying he can't find the rule in his warband.  Until lately I thought he just wasn't looking, however Lord 0's comment quoted above made me wonder if there wasn't another High Elf warband that I was unaware of besides this legendary Lustrian one.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 13:28

I forget where the list originally came from, but that sounds about right. Pretty much all I did to it was make it pretty.

As a 'one day' project I would like to make a high-elf list similar to Mercenaries, but replacing the Empire States with Ulthuan Kingdoms. E.G. Saphery high elves are led by a caster, Lothern get +1 to rare trade and SeaGuard henchmen and so forth. This, of course, would all be in line with the dark-elf and wood-elf elves, so there is a fair bit of work and balancing involved.

I will get around to it 'one day'.
Back to top Go down
dishwasherlove

dishwasherlove

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 13:37

Von Kurst wrote:
I must admit I often feel a bit confused by some discussions.
So the Lord 0 and dishwasher have been discussing the same warband? Which is still found where?

It exists on the web in a few places with different types of formatting:

http://redelf.narod.ru/mordheim/wb_he.html
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B18J5DU-6cP_dTEwNHFGS0NZdFk&authuser=0

Looks like Lord 0 was the one who formatted it into a nice version congruent with the rulebook (which is great thanks for that), the only change I spotted on the quick flick through was a racial maximum of T3 instead of T4.

The fluff makes me assume it was originally created for the fan made Lustria setting, there is no official basis to it of any kind.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 21:05

I have 3 versions of the High Elf warband and the oldest is authored by Tuomas Pirinen. Titled High Elf Rangers it is the same list as the others shared here with minor differences. Can't say I have definitive DNA evidence this is the origin but satisfies me on the lists provenance. Laughing
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014 - 23:23

When it comes to elves having the inhanced eyesight as a special skill as oppose to a trait, maybe they are comapring it to the "Eagle Eye" shooting skill. Only thing I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2014 - 5:31

Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)   warband - Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Druchii Warband .pdf (and further elf warband discussion)
Page 1 of 1