Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilgrim Pod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pilgrim Pod

Trading Reputation : 0

Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Empty
PostSubject: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014 - 14:36

Hi guys. The question is in the title, can mercenary warbands take Wardogs? I'm just looking for a little clarity here. I understand witch hunters can take them as henchmen(?) but can a mercenary warband take them upon initial creation as a miscellaneous item? I'm thinking of having a Captain with a bitch or two if I can for flavour. I'm a little muddy with my understanding of the rules and have tried searching the forum for an answer but my search-fu is poor. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014 - 14:52

No, you can't buy equipment when first creating your warband unless it's specifically on the starting list. Wardogs (for non-witch hunters) are also a rare item, so you'd have to search for them in the after-battle sequence - they wouldn't be guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim Pod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pilgrim Pod

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014 - 14:59

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I obviously need to pay more attention when reading through the rules! Makes me sad that my Captain won't be having any puppies now.
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014 - 15:59

Just make them the first things you search for after each game. If you're playing conservatively with your heroes and getting 4-6 rare rolls a game it shouldn't be hard to get a pair of dogs after 2-3 games (I've actually done this with two warbands that I'm currently running)
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim Pod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pilgrim Pod

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014 - 16:03

Food for thought! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2014 - 20:35

I bought some for Mercs once, and then discovered their main draw back. If the hero who bought them dies or get captured, you lose the dog too. Kind of pricey for me. We hunted the dog handlers. It was like killing 2 for the price of one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?   Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Mercenary Warbands take Wardogs?
Page 1 of 1