Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Ragnar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Sir Ragnar

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Empty
PostSubject: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 7:39

Hey everyone, Id like to post some of my terrain I have been working on. For the buildings I have 'borrowed' a technique from the INCREDIBLE "Dunbrough and Grippenheim" guy. Since its a pretty small board (2x2) I wanted to build up, I just don't know how I am going to do that yet.  Id really like to hear some of your ideas and feedback.

2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP <a href=2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Img_1211" />
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/sprayspaceart
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 10:29

Fantastic start! My suggestion to you is to cover the two back sides, or just one, with "fronts" so you get sort of diorama feel, make one more complete building, some small accessories (well, walls, posts) and you are done. That way you will have plenty of space to play and your table\board will look full.
Here is what I'm talking about:
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/search/label/Review?updated-max=2013-05-19T17:09:00%2B02:00&max-results=20&start=9&by-date=false
Back to top Go down
theomar pius
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
theomar pius

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 14:09

That looks awesome, I like how it's going. Lots of junk on the outside is a great detail. I kind of like to try out locations, within locations. The front porch, or around a well, somewhere that the townsfolk would gather.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 14:32

EXCELLENT START! Theomar's influence is evident in your LOVELY little building & the SPLENDID stonework...if you are going to copy anyone, theomar is The Man. The foreshortened buildings are a fine idea. The ones on Chris' aka cianty's beautiful table are solid; if you are making your own you couls ope the area to make interior details...it would add to their use in gaming. Something like this one from my Urban Bight Board:

Spoiler:

At any rate, keep up the OUTSTANDING WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2014 - 20:36

Great job!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Sir Ragnar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Sir Ragnar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeSat 1 Nov 2014 - 3:29

@Vegabond, That's a stellar idea, I'm going to try that. I think I could actually slice up some 'fronts' pretty quickly too. Also, one of my plans was to do up the sides of the board with stone wall texture, that I may use the entire 2x2 as a platform for a larger table in the future.

@Theomar, A location within a location, excellent. Hey thanks for the inspiration man, your technique is going to be well appreciated by the gaming group, when the board is done and ready for play Very Happy Very cool.

@DeafNala, Also great advice. A building like the one you posted would go perfect smack dab in the middle of the map.

wow thanks for the advice everyone. So convenient to get opinions like that. Ill post pictures as soon as I make some more progress Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Ragnar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Sir Ragnar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeSat 8 Nov 2014 - 15:16

2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Townho10

Decided to paint it, just to see Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitimeSat 8 Nov 2014 - 15:57

The House lived up to its potential in FINE FASHION...a very attractive choice of colors. I love the way the window turned out. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP   2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2x2 City Street Skirmish board WIP
Page 1 of 1