Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!

Go down 
+28
Eliazar
Din
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Mo!
Maddoc
drakkol
catferret
SerialMoM
Sinistar
Plutz
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Hendrid
Morghot
Quase
WarbossKurgan
Count Lucius
cianty
Pfreck
Kitsunae
DeafNala
floedebolle
Alex
Ezekiel
Wyrdstone Dave
Skavenblight
werekin
Grimscull
Admin Tom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014 - 17:43

Great, just started painting, and already I don't like the way it's going... oh, and noticed some flaws in my GS work... oooooh, the pressure! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014 - 17:53

Grimscull wrote:
Haha, and I thought, it was ME who was trailing the crowd Razz

Considering the swashbuckling nature of Mordheim Adventures, I think you & the Warboss are into the True Spirit of the Contest...extra points for acting in character should be in order here.   What a Face

Ezekiel wrote:
Great, just started painting, and already I don't like the way it's going... oh, and noticed some flaws in my GS work... oooooh, the pressure! Smile

We'll all love what you come up with, Ezekiel...you are your harshest critic. Oh look, thirty seconds went by while you read this.  affraid clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014 - 19:21

Wink, ....so exciting, only 2 days to go, muahahaha....., the pressure becomes unbearable....... affraid
good that i dont have to paint the froggy until the 20th, i wouldnt be able to reach it. I cross fingers for all you tommies who havent delivered the pics to tom yet, come on, YES YOU CAN! Sir, yes sir!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Morghot
Captain
Captain
Morghot

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2014 - 0:02

Aaaaah im finishing the model, hope to take some decent photo tomorrow(today by now lol! )!! Unfortunately i haven't paint all of it like i wanted, many details missing but the deadline is over, so i've done some compromise GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 40268  ... but i like it anyway!!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2014 - 11:11

Great morghot, looking forward to your entry, let me guess, its also about greenstuff?! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:56

Morghot wrote:
Aaaaah im finishing the model, hope to take some decent photo tomorrow(today by now  lol! )!! Unfortunately i haven't paint all of it like i wanted, many details missing but the deadline is over, so i've done some compromise GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 40268  ... but i like it anyway!!

Fear not, Morghot...I'm sure we won't be as critical of your creation as you are; AND you still have 34 hours & 5 minutes...34 hours & 4 minutes & 50 second...   Shocked
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2014 - 20:00

Deafnala wrote:

Fear not, Morghot...I'm sure we won't be as critical of your creation as you are; AND you still have 34 hours & 5 minutes...34 hours & 4 minutes & 50 second...   Shocked

....well, i´ll be! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Morghot
Captain
Captain
Morghot

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 0:35

Photos sent!! You must be critical, it's your duty  unfortunately GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 387809

Obviously there is some green stuff work, it's a must have for my mordheim's work!

The photos like always sucks, since my old photocamera died it's a pain/affliction for me take photo with the new one... but i think i've already annoyed you with this story  lol! ... can't wait to see all the entries!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 0:48

Morghot wrote:
Photos sent!! You must be critical, it's your duty  unfortunately GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 387809

Obviously there is some green stuff work, it's a must have for my mordheim's work!

Judging for a contest like Tom's is much different than for something like C.M.o.N. or G.W.. While artistry is important, originality, imagination, & a touch of humor are the things that are looked for. It's the spirit of the piece that move judgement.   What a Face

Morghot wrote:
The photos like always sucks, since my old photocamera died it's a pain/affliction for me take photo with the new one... but i think i've already annoyed you with this story  lol! ... can't wait to see all the entries!!

As a Fellow Victim of the contrary nature of Cameras, you may tell me your tales of photographic woes as often as you would care to AND have an understanding audience ready to commiserate with you.  clown
Beyond seeing all the Works of Wonder, what I'm really looking forward to is posting them for you all to enjoy.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
opaque
Knight
Knight
opaque

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 8:32

finished my miniature yesterday, but because of bad light i only got bad pictures. Now i´m waiting for the sun to take better one´s.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 12:28

Boom! Actually managed to paint a miniature, gotta take some photos after lunch and send them.

Too bad that I didn't paint for a few years and all the skills came back now that I am finished and don't have time for another miniature, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 13:07

HOORAY! TWO MORE WORKS OF WONDER! WELL DONE, opaque & Eliazar!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 18:08

And it's off! thanks for organising this competition guys! good luck with judging, and I cannot wait to see the results!

Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 18:51

Aaaaand - it's gone! Took me two mails.
Eliazar wrote:

Too bad that I didn't paint for a few years and all the skills came back now that I am finished and don't have time for another miniature, haha Smile
I feel exactly the same, but the most important part for me is that now I finally want to paint another mini and will be doing so tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 19:03

CONGRATULATIONS on making he deadline with time to spare, Ezekiel & Grimscull! AND finding your drive to paint is a big bonus, Grimscull; enjoy the next piece & the ones after that.    thumbsup

Ezekiel wrote:
...thanks for organising this competition guys!

The idea & the motivation can be credited to SerialMoM & floedebolle. The trophy itself is floedebolle's FANTASTIC creation. AND those entering can claim credit for its success.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 20:59

Great guys, looking forward to see all your entrys, will be a pleasure to me! Imagine all those little mordheim beauties, AND, i have to mention it, the most important here at GT2014 is to participate, and as al wrote, its no CMON competition, or a golden demon. Its more than that, its the biggest thing since the last GT that this forum of morheim enthusiasts had, and every entry will be oozing of love and devotion to the mordheim hobby, and thats exactly what this is about.

SO, having said this, i look forward to get the chance to judge all those entries soon, together with the other judges, and to me those are going to be the best christmas presents that i had and will have in along time, thanks all for your effort taken to deliver your mini to this great thing, and may the most mordheimian mini win, Adios! cheers

Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 23:34

Is there still time? I had an issue with camera and none of my previous pictures worked out. Taking more just now if it's not too late.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 23:52

You still have a quarter of an hour...I think Tom would let it go if you were a few minutes late. Tell him I said so.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014 - 23:59

Thanks Deafnala. Trying to crop and resize as quickly as I can!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 0:12

No problem, cat! I P.Med Tom to let him now you were a couple of minutes behind time & that I said it was okay.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 0:23

Much appreciated! Email has been sent.

Can't wait to see everybody's entries. Really looking forward to the awesome models.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 9:03

catferret wrote:

Can't wait to see everybody's entries.
While we're at it - WHEN will we see the entries and winners? Only found the 20th as deadline but no date for the "award-season".
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 13:07

Grimscull wrote:
I feel exactly the same, but the most important part for me is that now I finally want to paint another mini and will be doing so tomorrow.

Indeed! Same here, and that's why I am already happy I participated, I forgot how much I enjoy painting. Perhaps I can get some more warbands done now, hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 13:10

Hi guys!

Many thanks for all the submissions! I am very grateful for your time and enthusiasm! GT2014 is shaping up to be very cool!

I will be compiling all entries I have received so far and anonymizing them for the jury. Because this process takes a while and because I know that some of you have been working hard on their submissions without making the deadline, I am extending the deadline to december 30th!

Meaning that you are still welcome to send in your works until december 30th (midnight) and your entries will be considered with no disadvantage.

I understand that the pre-Xmas holiday period can be a stressful time and it would be a shame to pass on some beautiful entries for GT'14 just because some people were missing a few days to submit their work.

I hope that those of you who HAVE made the deadline will be good sports and be OK with this. Of course, if you have already submitted but would like to improve some details and REsubmit your work, please feel free to do so! Only your latest submission will be considered.

So finish that greenstuff work, this paintjob and send in your beautiful pictures to tomspaintingservice@gmail.com!

AT

Last edited by Admin Tom on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 17:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:15

Hear hear!Sounds fair to me, will also mean more nice minis to behold, great! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!    GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN TOM 2014 ANNOUNCED!
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next