Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

interception rule question

Go down 
+4
elde
RationalLemming
cuchulain23
lesdog1470
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lesdog1470
Youngblood
Youngblood
lesdog1470

Trading Reputation : 0

interception rule question Empty
PostSubject: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 5:46

So I posted this orginally in the wrong area but in essence. I started a mordheim league at my LGS 3 years ago and its continually grown year to year with both new players and new rules issues. Last season there was a situation where I was moderating a 1v1 game. P1 charged P2. P2 had a model almost directly behind the target unit and within 2in. I was always under the impression that you could only intercept a model if the model who intended to intercept was inbetween both the charging model and the target model. The situation was resolved with a 4-5-6 roll off but I was still very dissatisfied at the time of that decision. I was wondering what the group thought. I want some outside opinions before I revise a house rule to be more specific.

Back to top Go down
cuchulain23
Champion
Champion
cuchulain23

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 6:05

I believe the same as you do; you cannot intercept unless you are in front of the intended target. The rulebook shows a diagram that works well in most cases I think.
Back to top Go down
lesdog1470
Youngblood
Youngblood
lesdog1470

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 7:00

I always thought it was pretty clear but the written rule doesn't say explicitly you cant leap frog over a model to block a charge.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 11:06

The rules include an image showing the interception area. The interception area does not include behind the warrior being charged.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
elde
Hero
Hero
elde

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 15:35

We do not allow intercepts from behind the target, only ones 2" perpendicular to the change path. Check the picture in the rulebook - intercept area is greyed out, and it does not extend to behind the target of the charge.
Back to top Go down
lesdog1470
Youngblood
Youngblood
lesdog1470

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 18:27

There is a level of ambiguity because the picture doesnt have an border. The guy in question wont be ssked to play again because hes started alot of problems in the past. But im glad there are several people that agree with me and how I believed the rule to work. Ty
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeSat 9 Aug 2014 - 2:17

In my group we *do* allow intercepts from behind so long as they are within 2". It works well for us and has not reduced fun. Also, it allows things like the staple "Look out! Get behind me!" scenes in movies and so forth, which is kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeSat 9 Aug 2014 - 15:14

How many attackers can be intercepted by one model?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeSat 9 Aug 2014 - 15:48

That really depends on what the model is, the terrain and how you play the game.  If the model is an ogre and it blocks any access to the target by intercepting, its going to block all chargers against that target. Otherwise its unlikely that one model could stop more than one charge.

If you play by house rules or other conventions that are unique to your group then other situations might arise, but you would have to explain what those might be.

Quote :
There is a level of ambiguity because the picture doesn't have an border.
The original rulebook graphic was quite nice. The Living Rulebook graphic doesn't clarify anything because they left out the shaded gray intercept area. (border?)

Lord0 wrote:
In my group we *do* allow intercepts from behind so long as they are within 2". It works well for us and has not reduced fun. Also, it allows things like the staple "Look out! Get behind me!" scenes in movies and so forth, which is kind of cool.

This might work in small groups with low turn-over, for us it was an immediate buzz-kill. It kind of reminds me of the old Sister whip lines.
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitimeSat 9 Aug 2014 - 18:14

Lord 0 wrote:
Also, it allows things like the staple "Look out! Get behind me!" scenes in movies and so forth, which is kind of cool.

Or with the more brutal heroes that would grab a henchman from behind him and throw him into the incoming attack screaming "Die! That's what I pay you for!"

I never really had that kind of problem as most of our henchmen were always in front of a hero as meat shields. I would allow the interecption from behind as long as he was within 2 inches. The guy could leap frog over the hero or just walk right past him. Or my first example could happen as well. Hey, my henchmen know their place Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interception rule question   interception rule question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interception rule question
Page 1 of 1