Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 16:07

I just found this on the internet and thought this might interest some of you that don't have the motivation, time or simply space to get a real-deal, 3D showcase gaming table:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/pop-up-miniature-terrain-kit

I didn't want to make a thread just for this one link but I couldn't find a thread for "look, I found nice terrain on the net that I wanted to share with you", so there you have it.
Back to top Go down
cuchulain23
Champion
Champion
cuchulain23

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2014 - 6:49

This is a pretty neat idea. Would be good for last minute games. Just grab a few pieces and go. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2014 - 13:32

Those are cool looking. They remind me of the fancy pop up Christmas cards that were popular when I was a boy...many years ago. EXCELLENT FIND!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2014 - 5:25

This looks pretty neat. I love the folding and easy storage of this kickstarter and the pre-printed sheets but do they plan on coloring them? Its rather bland otherwise.

Most of our terrain is papercrafted WorldWorks pieces.With WorldWorks you purchase the files and print, assemble yourself. Paper terrain appeals to me, or rather did, when we moved it to different locations often. Damage was minimal and pieces could be easily replaced.

If they added a bit of color I think this would be a great gaming resource.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2014 - 10:35

I think you'd have to paint them yourself and I'm not sure if this should be done with paints or pencils. But this way you could make this terrain match your other buildings, if you happen to already have some.
The easy storage is certainly the main advantage of this but I also like that they even made the pieces a little interactive. AND if you are willing to print the stuff out yourself you can get the files for just 15$!
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2014 - 12:38

lol we can't even have hirst arts buildings on the table without breaking them, these would last us oafs about 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter   Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stonehaven Miniatures Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1