Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen Warband

Go down 
+9
Spectre76
JoaoS
Von Kurst
Seikilos
floedebolle
DeafNala
Alex
Mike
lowenbraugh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Luddite
Warrior
Warrior
Luddite

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Warband   beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 13:24

Excellent warband. I love the muted tones of the colours you've used, that mean that even though each is an individual, they look like a cohesive band. Very well done.  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
lowenbraugh
Captain
Captain
lowenbraugh

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Warband   beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 10:58

Thanks for all the great feedback!

When I do get the time to paint I normally play some videos on youtube that are of the hobby nature to help give me new ideas and to also help the time pass by.  I normally keep up with Warbosstae videos but the other day Youtube recommended a channel I had never come across before.  The video talked about the best way to photograph your painted minis.  He suggested building your own but also made mention to the company Orangemonkie that makes a portable light box known as Foldio.  I picked one up and it makes a world of difference in the quality of photos that I am able to take.  To show the difference I replaced my pictures in my first post with newer ones.  If you would all like to see the difference on the rest of the models I will go ahead and update the rest, but if not I understand and you would also be sparing me a bit of work too. Smile  A quick side by side looks like this:

Old
beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Beastl13

New
beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Beastl15

Anyhow, if you would like me to update all the old photos then let me know, either way my next warband which should be done near the end of the year will have some much better photos.  If you are interested in the Foldio here is a link http://orangemonkie.com/

Anyway, back to work on the next warband. Take care!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Warband   beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 13:45

LOOKIN' GOOD! That really does make a difference. The Beasty Guy looks clearer & more defined with the light box...AND without having any faults emphasized.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Warband   beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2014 - 3:08

Holy crap. That makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
http://mikeyc222.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Warband   beastmen - Beastmen Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen Warband
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3