Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ball and chain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitimeThu 8 May 2014 - 23:43

Our resident greenskin player will be fielding a goblin with ball and chain soon. Reading the rules we have a few questions.

The ball and chain rule Incredible Force,
Quote :
...any hit that successfully wounds will do 1D3 wounds instead of 1.
What in the case of a critical hit? Is it 1D3 or the critical chart of 2 wounds? I know ball and chain bypasses armor already but the +2 to the injury chart is nice.

The ball and chain rule Random,
Quote :
D6 Result:
1 The model trips and strangles himself.
2-5 The model moves 2D6" in a direction nominated by the controlling player.
6 The model moves 2D6" in a random direction.

If the Ball and Chain wielding model moves into contact with another model (friend or foe), he counts as charging into close combat, and will engage in close combat until his next Movement phase. The Ball and Chain wielder cannot be held in close combat and will automatically move even if he starts the Movement phase in base contact with another model.
Will the goblin moves into the same opponent on subsequent turns, either randomly or directed, will he count as charging each time?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitimeFri 9 May 2014 - 1:58

--Incredible Force:
Huzzah Mike! You have asked a question that is addressed if not answered by that odd little paragraph at the end of the critical hit chart:
Online rule book, p. 16 wrote:
If a critical hit causes more than 1 wound, and the weapon the attacking model is using normally causes several wounds, then use the one that causes the most damage.

--Random.
That would seem to be how to interpret the rules as written. The rule does seem to beg for a house rule or two to clarify.

From experience no one ever bothers with the ball and chain in our games. It is rarely useful and the entertainment factor pales after a bit. Usually upon comparing cost to potential mayhem.

Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitimeFri 9 May 2014 - 3:21

Yes, I believe its more for entertainment and a chance to scare his opponent upon reveal of the new troops. He is trying out squigs too.
Back to top Go down
cuchulain23
Champion
Champion
cuchulain23

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitimeFri 9 May 2014 - 6:31

I have a friend in my group who often includes a goblin with a ball and chain, while fun I do have to admit that it does lose some of its shine the more often it is deployed on the table. When it hits it can be devastating.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitimeFri 9 May 2014 - 9:18

When I played Warhammer I was an Orc and Goblin player. I loved that they could be any combination of utterly awful or completely devastating. Always fun though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ball and chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball and chain   Ball and chain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball and chain
Page 1 of 1