Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Empty
PostSubject: Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?   Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014 - 11:07

Hi,

we have a problem at our gaming group.

As you can read in my battle reports, one of the warbands was crushed and the owner has built and completely new warband.

I'm not sure, how to move on playing with him...?

Would it be balanced, soon, if he normally starts playing with ous getting the underdog bonus?

The rest of the group played three games yet, but I'm not sure, if he can catch up?
Another player recommended giving him free access to hired swords, but I absolutely disagree with him. If he didn't manage to kill me with his first warband, why should I let my warband slay buy a greenhorn with free access to hired swords?

So what's your experience? Can there be balance again after a few games? Or is it to late to add a player in an existing playgroup after three games?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?   Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014 - 11:46

If the new warband is only three games behind then I think that they should be able to catch up. It will depend a little bit on the campaign, scenarios and the quantity of loot being given out after each battle but three games is not a very large head start really. I think that they should be fine as long as they play cautiously and aim to capitalise on the underdog bonus while it is available.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?   Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014 - 13:05

Underdog bonus is great, it can really bring a warband that's behind up into the front again quickly. As long as they understand that they probably wont win their first match or two.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?   Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014 - 14:03

A recent discussion that touches on this topic--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7652-adding-a-new-player-into-an-old-campaign

As the others have said 3 games is not that much of a lead. However it seems that your Ostlander and Skaven players have less experience in games or perhaps less interest in this game and might need some encouragement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?   Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experience with adding new players to an existing campagn?
Page 1 of 1