Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Short questions, short answers...

Go down 
+24
Pervavita
Captain Bernhardt
mweaver
MrDancyPants
Skavenslayer
Alex
Phantasmal_fiend
Darthvegeta800
Slannman
Saluksic
Theycallmejosh
flipchuck
SonofRuss
Ork
Aipha
catachanfrog
Von Kurst
klinktastic
RationalLemming
davinewrath
Mike
Grimscull
Lord 0
Seikilos
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Trading Reputation : 0

Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 2:51

Actually, it seems to me that it is just the 20. Here is the relevant rule (p. 77 of the official revised pdf):

"Each warband has a warband rating – the higher the rating the better the warband. The
warband rating is simply the number of warriors in it multiplied by 5, plus their accumulated experience.

Large creatures such as Rat Ogres are worth 20 points plus the number of Experience points they have accumulated."

So the formula for regular models is Experience + 5, and the formula for large models is experience +20.

But you are quite right that Hired Swords confuse the issue. Although I don't think they ever explained, I suspect the amount a HS adds to a warband rating already includes the 5 or 20 above.

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 5:10

Aipha wrote:
Just as a thought, I would find it embarassingly stupid, if my warriors couldn't figure out to make room for one another. We also play that they charge at the same time, meaning that charging models can never be in the way of each other, but non-charging models can indeed prevent a succesful charge, since they move after chargers.

We play it that the second charger would be blocked. I like to celebrate any time a player can use tactics in the game and choosing a defensible position that can only be attacked by one model at a time qualifies for me. Scenes of this type are common in movies and novels and even in history.

RL wrote:
I would prefer Aipha's but we have had some real black & white / no ambiguity people in our group.
Twisted Evil

RL wrote:
I think that this same question applies to Hired Swords and DPs.
Um, why? Hired Swords and special characters have their own rules section with the amount they add to the warband rating clearly stated.

Back in the day of Rules Mods we had this Large Model discussion, but it is probably hidden in another *^*^#!!! general topic like this.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 8:42

mweaver wrote:
Actually, it seems to me that it is just the 20.  Here is the relevant rule (p. 77 of the official revised pdf):

"Each warband has a warband rating – the higher the rating the better the warband. The
warband rating is simply the number of warriors in it multiplied by 5, plus their accumulated experience.

Large creatures such as Rat Ogres are worth 20 points plus the number of Experience points they have accumulated."

So the formula for regular models is Experience + 5, and the formula for large models is experience +20.  

But you are quite right that Hired Swords confuse the issue.  Although I don't think they ever explained, I suspect the amount a HS adds to a warband rating already includes the 5 or 20 above.  

Completely agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 8:49

Aipha wrote:
Just as a thought, I would find it embarassingly stupid, if my warriors couldn't figure out to make room for one another. We also play that they charge at the same time, meaning that charging models can never be in the way of each other, but non-charging models can indeed prevent a succesful charge, since they move after chargers.

Von Kurst wrote:
We play it that the second charger would be blocked. I like to celebrate any time a player can use tactics in the game and choosing a defensible position that can only be attacked by one model at a time qualifies for me. Scenes of this type are common in movies and novels and even in history.

Perhaps we see the concrete situation differently. Perhaps I misunderstood the whole situation. If a charger would have to attack the charged model from behind, and there was no room for running around the model (or actually, according to our rules, coming within 1" of another model without charging it), then the charge would definitely fail. Unless he had Leap, then it is possible still. If you can use the terrain to your tactical advantage, you should of course be allowed to do so.

Von Kurst wrote:
Back in the day of Rules Mods we had this Large Model discussion, but it is probably hidden in another *^*^#!!! general topic like this.

Much anger in you I sense  What a Face
Although I agree. Not a huge fan of these threads either.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 17:32

Quote :
Perhaps we see the concrete situation differently. Perhaps I misunderstood the whole situation. If a charger would have to attack the charged model from behind, and there was no room for running around the model (or actually, according to our rules, coming within 1" of another model without charging it), then the charge would definitely fail. Unless he had Leap, then it is possible still. If you can use the terrain to your tactical advantage, you should of course be allowed to do so.

Well I am assuming that there is some reason the second charger can not get around the first in order for the question to be raised. I am making an assumption. clown

@mweaver--+1

Aipha wrote:
Much anger in you I sense What a Face
Although I agree. Not a huge fan of these threads either.

I don't want to discourage people from posting, but I would love to close this type of thread whenever they appear. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 18:48

It does kinda circumvent the ol' search engine feature, at that.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct 2014 - 7:58

Yep. I prefer the one question / one thread approach. It is a *little* bit more effort for the person asking the question but improves the forum in the long run due to search engine or even just flicking through the pages of previous threads.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct 2014 - 14:34

Tell you what, since there seems to be a solid objection to the continuation of this multiple question thread, I'll lock it baring a significant number of protests....ask & Ye shall receive.   clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short questions, short answers...   Short questions, short answers... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short questions, short answers...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8