Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Witch Hunter Warband so far

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maquissar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maquissar

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Empty
PostSubject: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2014 - 22:02

Hi guys, I've been playing Mordheim for a while now and my warband is almost completely painted, I finally got around to getting some pictures with my wife's camera.

I'm still not a 100% familiar with all of the settings so the picture quality isn't that great yet.

So here we go,

First up, Caleb, my Witch Hunter Captain, a model from the confrontation game, love the figure, a little small for my taste,
had a lot of difficulties with the face but I might try and improve it some more.

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Img_7211

Next we have Andrew, Caleb's right hand man, where Caleb is still a little rash and sometimes impulsive in to condemning everyone in the name of Sigmar, Andrew is more prudent and cautious, he is a man who has learned the value of patience.

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Img_7212

Viktor was never a Pious man, he never turned to Sigmar but always preferred taking matters in to his own hand, he was a savage man when Caleb found him. He killed his own brother who had been a Chaos cultist and now he swore revenge on all followers of Chaos. (no worries, he knows he's a walking cliché)

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Img_7213

Not a lot is known about Lucian's motives for joining Caleb's crew. Lucian is war veteran, he served as an officer in many battles, some even say that he was an officer in the Emperor's own army, others say he's a discarded Captain of the Knights of the blazing sun.
To call his tactical knowledge great would be an understatement, he most certainly is a valid asset in Caleb's force. As to his motives for joining...that seems to be a secret he's willing to share with no one.

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Img_7214

Gabriel left his order a few months ago after he got what he called a calling, Sigmar brought us the comet of destruction but to what purpose? The destruction of Mordheim, the destruction of one of our greatest cities...NO! Never! Sigmar simply showed us the way, the corruption that had taken Mordheim in its grip must be destroyed and Sigmar started the cleansing with fire, now we must continue in his way.

Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Img_7215
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 4:40

Nice group of models you have there. I really like that Confrontation guy, he usually turns out to be my 'best' Witch Hunter during a campaign.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 9:19

Really good collection of witch hunters. If I may make a suggestion I would try to use a smaller brush for the eyes. Since I enjoy using washes to make my miniatures look old and weathered I usually paint the eyes with bleached bone and then add some dark washes around the eyes. Just my way of avoiding the popping pupils syndrome.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 12:54

You do indeed have some VERY COOL minis in your Band of Inquisitors. I love Andrew's mustache & fly. AND the Darkness Hunter is one of Rackham best. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Maquissar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maquissar

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 15:31

Thanks for the replies, I might try the bleached bone and wash tips you've given, although washes and inks were never my cup of tea, I never truly got the hang of it. But that never stopped me from trying :-)

I'm also working on the rest of the group and on my gaming boards and scenery, more pictures will follow :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband so far   Warband - My Witch Hunter Warband so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Witch Hunter Warband so far
Page 1 of 1