Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

This Way!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014 - 16:15

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Pathfinder special rule "This Way!" from the Lustria supplement (can be found there or in TC12). It reads:

Quote :
Any model in base contact with the Pathfinder at the start of his turn may traverse impassable terrain just as if possessing the same skill. If, however, contact is lost before reaching safety, the other model is considered out-of-action for the remainder of the game.

The "same skill" being refered to is this:

Quote :
Lay of the Land: [...] The Pathfinder is unaffected by terrain modifiers and is able to circumvent even impassable obstacles.

I was under the impression that his skill extended to whoever is in base contact, but is it only impassable terrain and how is that classified? Also, is it a maximum of 1 model or as many who can possibly be in base contact? (usually 8 )

Last edited by Aipha on Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 11:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 8))
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2014 - 0:38

We mostly use the Pathfinder for his +1/-1 roll in the post battle sequence, healing herbs and his bow. (And really its mostly about the +1/-1.) He us an unofficial HS from an unsupported game, so we just ignore the odd This Way skill.

It is written as only impassable terrain. One assumes it is classified as the terrain listed as impassable in the section on terrain in the Lustria supplement. I think that is TC #10?

Base to base gets real silly even if you use GW bases. In 5th edition terms I think the maximum for a man sized figure would be 6. Two on two sides and one each on the others. 5th did not consider corner to corner to be in base contact.

If you use non-GW bases, I don't even know.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2014 - 11:58

Von Kurst wrote:
We mostly use the Pathfinder for his +1/-1 roll in the post battle sequence, healing herbs and his bow.  (And really its mostly about the +1/-1.) He us an unofficial HS from an unsupported game, so we just ignore the odd This Way skill.

You may the possibility to re-roll a dice, if he was not taken OOA, right? And how do you use the Healing Herbs, with a house rule? Because until he gets Wounds, they won't be of much use.

Von Kurst wrote:
It is written as only impassable terrain.  One assumes it is classified as the terrain listed as impassable in the section on terrain in the Lustria supplement.  I think that is TC #10?

I suppose. But I believe we don't own any impassable terrain, making him a bit pointless with that special rule. Unless of course the Random Happening "Quicksand" happens, then he should be able to get them out easily ^_^ or in a scenario where we have a deep lake - then he can just walk right over it? Seems a bit silly.

Von Kurst wrote:
Base to base gets real silly even if you use GW bases.  In 5th edition terms I think the maximum for a man sized figure would be 6.  Two on two sides and one each on the others.  5th did not consider corner to corner to be in base contact.

Guess I gotta inform the others then ^_^ we've always played with corner to corner contact was b2b (since it technically is), even though I've always been a bit against it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 5:12

Quote :
You may the possibility to re-roll a dice, if he was not taken OOA, right? And how do you use the Healing Herbs, with a house rule? Because until he gets Wounds, they won't be of much use.

Yes, I should have looked up his rules before commenting, but it was late and I know everything.  clown 

And yes we house ruled he could heal a model as long as they were in base to base in the recovery phase. This actually never works.

Quote :
I believe we don't own any impassable terrain, making him a bit pointless with that special rule. Unless of course the Random Happening "Quicksand" happens, then he should be able to get them out easily ^_^ or in a scenario where we have a deep lake - then he can just walk right over it?

You know we lose several models to quicksand every campaign, I don't think anyone has thought of saving their warrior with a Pathfinder... Doh!

It is silly, but since we fight on the oceans quite a bit, we have a use for the Pathfinder and unorthodox boarding parties.  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014 - 11:58

Von Kurst wrote:
Yes, I should have looked up his rules before commenting, but it was late and I know everything.  clown 

Aye, of courrrse!

Von Kurst wrote:
And yes we house ruled he could heal a model as long as they were in base to base in the recovery phase.  This actually never works.

I could see it work! Just putting him in base contact with my Engineer and Thunderer Hero. They just need some wounds first though... And he'd be shot down as the first.

Quote :
You know we lose several models to quicksand every campaign, I don't think anyone has thought of saving their warrior with a Pathfinder...  Doh!

lol! 

Von Kurst wrote:
It is silly, but since we fight on the oceans quite a bit, we have a use for the Pathfinder and unorthodox boarding parties.  Twisted Evil 

That is indeed silly jocolor I do not believe that was the intention with the rules! But who am I to judge, I'd do the same eeexcellent! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This Way! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Way!   This Way! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Way!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: