HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Doubts and many questions here :s

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Doubts and many questions here :s   Thu 20 Mar 2014 - 22:27

me and my group of friends got many doubts, and we can't manage to find what can solve us our doubts.

I'm posting questions here, if you prefer in others section feel free to split the thread up or move or whatever.

so lets start ....

Q: Regarding shooting, can i shoot to a knocked down unit? if yes, that does mean if i shoot to it i need to pass a Wound hit and if i pass it i put it directly out of action?

Q2:Regarding shooting, can i shoot to a stunned unit? if yes, that does mean if i shoot to it †i put it directly out of action?

Q3: Can i hire a Henchmen and add him to a previous group of henchmens that has already different points of experience ? if yes how does it work?

Q4:Regarding close combat. See this example: †my unit Has a brace of pistol and a couple of daggers and it's wearing in shooting phase the 2 guns and use them. i pass the turn and my opponent charge this unit in close combat. what happen now? can i swap the two guns with daggers, or im stuck with 2 used guns for close combat so i can't respond to the attacks of my enemy?

Q5: 25% and route test. We found so weird the explanation of route test. First of all, with the 25% they mean that for example if have 12 units, it means when i lose the †3 (the 25%) i should roll it, or when i lose the unit after i lost the 25% (the 4th unit) ? do i have to re-roll every round route test ? †if i have 15 units, for example , when i have to roll route test? when i lose 3, 4 or five units ?

Q6: Upgradeing and gaining new skills: When a my unit (for example a hero) gain enough exp for level up, †i have to roll 2D6. if the result is gaining a new skill, how does it work? its random or i have to choose it? for example a hero that can gain skills from all skill types, can i choose whichever skill i want, or i have to throw a dice for see which one i get?
Moreover this doubt got us even more considering Skavens, since they have even an own soecial kills type and they say you can choose it instead of standards skills. so this lead us think that you can choose what u prefer right ?

Q7: a friend with a necromancer magic gained a new zombie that was a previous skaven heroes with Skaven guns. Can one of his heroes , for example the vampire, use them? or skaven pistols are exclusives uses of them and have to sell them?

Q8: How many skills from the same type can a hero get? for example, can i get 3 skill from combat skill? or its limitated?

Q9: THE SPELL OF AWAKENING. few doubts bout this magic: first of all, at end of the match, you can traform any number of dead heroes, or MAX one at match? moreover, the new gained zombie, how much it will make in rating points? 5, or 5 + the exp that had that †heroes?

those are the most urgent doubts we have. will add more if i'm allowed to do so.

sorry for english, i'm writing from italy :/ and thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 0:45

Welcome to the forum!

Q1: Yes you can shoot a Knocked Down warrior. However, you still need to roll for injury if you hit the KD'd warrior.
Q2: Yes you can shoot a Stunned warrior. However, you still need to roll for injury if you hit the Stunned warrior.
Q3: Every post battle phase you roll 2D6 for the amount of available XP. If you have sufficient XP then you can add a new henchman to an existing group but have to pay an additional 2 gold crowns above the base cost for the warrior for each point of XP in the group.
Q4: I'll skip this.
Q5: If you have 12 warriors in your warband then you roll in your next recovery phase (and every recovery phase after that) once you lose your third warrior. If you have 15 warriors then you also roll after you have lost your third warrior. Once you have 16 warriors in your warband then you start rolling for rout after 4 warriors are OOA.
Q6: You get to choose your skill from available skill lists. Spells/prayers are random from the available spell list(s).
Q7: I'll skip this.
Q8: A warrior can get all of the skills for the same type unless a skill has a restriction (e.g. some Academic skills can only be taken by the Leader of a warband).
Q9: I'll skip this.

Oh and I had no problem reading your post. Your English is quite alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 2:14

Hi pepitaz!
What version of the rulebook are you using? Is it one downloaded from GW site? All of your questions are answered quite clearly in core rules and errata (and by RationalLemming†Smile†).
May your warband prosper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 5:44

pepitaz wrote:
Q: Regarding shooting, can i shoot to a knocked down unit? if yes, that does mean if i shoot to it i need to pass a Wound hit and if i pass it i put it directly out of action?

You shoot it as normal. These rules you mention only apply in a close combat.

pepitaz wrote:
Q2:Regarding shooting, can i shoot to a stunned unit? if yes, that does mean if i shoot to it †i put it directly out of action?

Same answer as before.

pepitaz wrote:
Q3: Can i hire a Henchmen and add him to a previous group of henchmens that has already different points of experience ? if yes how does it work?

If you hire a henchman and want to add him, you first have to roll 2D6 to see how many 'henchman experience points' are avaliable for hire. If it is sufficient, then you must pay 2gc pr. experience points extra for that henchman. Meaning if you wish to add him to a group of Verminkin with 4 experience, that new Verminkin will cost you 25+8 = 33gc. And you must equip him in the same way, paying for that as well.

pepitaz wrote:
Q4:Regarding close combat. See this example: †my unit Has a brace of pistol and a couple of daggers and it's wearing in shooting phase the 2 guns and use them. i pass the turn and my opponent charge this unit in close combat. what happen now? can i swap the two guns with daggers, or im stuck with 2 used guns for close combat so i can't respond to the attacks of my enemy?

You can use whatever you have avaliable on your roster sheet on that character. It doesn't matter whether you have shot or not with some ranged weapon. Also, in the case of pistols, they can in fact be used in close combat, so you can respond perfectly well with them (or at least 1 of them according to our pistol rules if we're following your example).

pepitaz wrote:
Q5: 25% and route test. We found so weird the explanation of route test. First of all, with the 25% they mean that for example if have 12 units, it means when i lose the †3 (the 25%) i should roll it, or when i lose the unit after i lost the 25% (the 4th unit) ? do i have to re-roll every round route test ? †if i have 15 units, for example , when i have to roll route test? when i lose 3, 4 or five units ?

When you have lost exactly or more than 25% of you warband.
If you have 3-4 warriors then you begin to rout test in your recovery phase after having lost 1 of them. And yes, that is every single recovery phase from now on in that battle.
If you have 5-8, then you'll have to lose 2 warriors.
If you have 9-12, then you will have to lose 3 warriors.
If you have 13-16, then you'll have to lose 4 warriors and so forth.

pepitaz wrote:
Q6: Upgradeing and gaining new skills: When a my unit (for example a hero) gain enough exp for level up, †i have to roll 2D6. if the result is gaining a new skill, how does it work? its random or i have to choose it? for example a hero that can gain skills from all skill types, can i choose whichever skill i want, or i have to throw a dice for see which one i get?
Moreover this doubt got us even more considering Skavens, since they have even an own soecial kills type and they say you can choose it instead of standards skills. so this lead us think that you can choose what u prefer right ?

You may choose your skill.

pepitaz wrote:
Q7: a friend with a necromancer magic gained a new zombie that was a previous skaven heroes with Skaven guns. Can one of his heroes , for example the vampire, use them? or skaven pistols are exclusives uses of them and have to sell them?

No, he cannot. He will require the Weapons Expert skill, which he does not have access to.

pepitaz wrote:
Q8: How many skills from the same type can a hero get? for example, can i get 3 skill from combat skill? or its limitated?

You may take all Combat skills on a Hero if you wish, there is no limit, except that you cannot take the same skill twice.

pepitaz wrote:
Q9: THE SPELL OF AWAKENING. few doubts bout this magic: first of all, at end of the match, you can traform any number of dead heroes, or MAX one at match? moreover, the new gained zombie, how much it will make in rating points? 5, or 5 + the exp that had that †heroes?

Only those who died permanently from their injuries. Other than that there is no limit. I would advice to put a limit of raising Heroes from 1 warband only though. For multiplayer games. He will be worth 5 + the experience he had.

Hope this could help a bit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 10:13

Aipha, only "full warriors" count for rout test. You cannot loose let's say 0,3 of your warrior. Not before the serious injuries of course†(loosing legs, arms, eyes...) Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 10:56

catachanfrog wrote:
Hi pepitaz!
What version of the rulebook are you using? Is it one downloaded from GW site? All of your questions are answered quite clearly in core rules and errata (and by RationalLemming†Smile†).
May your warband prosper.

We had an old one translated that like everything translated miss stuffs or translate wrong. we've looked in faq or errata but we didn't managed to find or be sure of some stuffs some we thought to ask to some expert guys in forum Very Happy

I thank you all for spending time to reply to our doubts, and im pretty sure more doubts will pop up in our matches, and if so i know where to find our doubts solvers Very Happy

thanksssssssssssssssssss †cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 18:45

catachanfrog wrote:
Aipha, only "full warriors" count for rout test. You cannot loose let's say 0,3 of your warrior. Not before the serious injuries of course†(loosing legs, arms, eyes...) Razz

Hrmm... First of all, where does my post even mention 'half' warriors? Razz

Second, where does it say that rout tests only apply to 'full' warriors?†Suspect In the case of Orcs & Goblins for instance, a Goblin counts as 'half' casualty:

Orcs & Goblins wrote:
Not Orcs: Orcs donít expect much from non-Orcs, and are therefore not unsettled if Goblins or Cave Squigs break or get cut down in battle. In fact, they expect as much from these weaklings! Therefore, when testing to see if an Orc Warband needs to take a Rout test, each Goblin Warrior or Cave Squig taken Out Of Action only counts as half a model. Therefore, a band of 5 Orcs and 10 Goblins (15 models) would only have to take a test if 4 models fell (4 Orcs or 8 Goblins, or some combination thereof).

I don't see why a warband of 8 Orcs and 2 Goblins with a number of 10 wouldn't rout on two lost Orcs and a lost Goblin (2,5 / 10 = 25%)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Sat 22 Mar 2014 - 2:26

I wrote:
Aipha, only "full warriors" count for rout test. You cannot loose let's say 0,3 of your warrior. Not before the serious injuries of course (loosing legs, arms, eyes...)
Blaaargh. My wrong, sorry! Thought I delated†this jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Sat 22 Mar 2014 - 4:30

Np ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 11:43

one thing about attacks. With my Assassin adept (the leader of skaven): He has an attack starting value of 1. so with 2 weapons i can attack 2 times (right? ). if i add him the skill "art of silence " death (that gives one more extra attack) and tailfighting ( even 1 more attack ) does that means i attack 4 times ? moreoever does that means if from an advance i gain +1 to attack value does that means i attack 5 times , or 2x4 times? sorry for such a dumb question, but i think 5 its the right (my friend thinks not) couse otherway that other would be so OP. lemme know , thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 12:32

Art of silent death wrote:
The Skaven has patiently mastered the deadly art of
open-hand fighting, as taught by the mystics of Cathay in
the temples of the far East. In hand-to-hand combat, the
Skaven can fight with his bare paws without any
penalties and counts as having two weapons (ie, +1
attack).
In addition, a Skaven Hero with this skill will
cause a critical hit on a To Wound roll of 5-6 instead of
just 6. This skill may be used in conjunction with the
Eshin Fighting Claws (+2 Attacks instead of +1)
Art of silent death additional attack applies only when skaven is unarmed (no cc weapons)...
...Unless he uses fighting claws - in this case he gets +1A for fighting claws and another +1A for art of silent death.
So basically, with tail fighting and art, your skaven will strike with 3A. When using fighting claws+tail fighting+art he'll have 4A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 12:47

catachanfrog wrote:
Art of silent death wrote:
The Skaven has patiently mastered the deadly art of
open-hand fighting, as taught by the mystics of Cathay in
the temples of the far East. In hand-to-hand combat, the
Skaven can fight with his bare paws without any
penalties and counts as having two weapons (ie, +1
attack).
In addition, a Skaven Hero with this skill will
cause a critical hit on a To Wound roll of 5-6 instead of
just 6. This skill may be used in conjunction with the
Eshin Fighting Claws (+2 Attacks instead of +1)
Art of silent death additional attack applies only when skaven is unarmed (no cc weapons)...
...Unless he uses fighting claws - in this case he gets +1A for fighting claws and another +1A for art of silent death.
So basically, with tail fighting and art, your skaven will strike with 3A. When using fighting claws+tail fighting+art he'll have 4A.

exactly what i meant. FC + a skaven pistol thanks to the tail and AOFD = 4 attacks . thanks :DD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 21:03

Tail fighting does not guarantee +1 attack, you may gain an attack if you wield a weapon with the tail, but not just because you took the skill. Also the possible weapons are limited to a knife (dagger) or a sword. No pistols, sorry.

Also the only weapon you can use with Art of Silent Death is Fighting Claws, not sure how that stacks with Tail Fighting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 22:48

Von Kurst wrote:
Tail fighting does not guarantee +1 attack, you may gain an attack if you wield a weapon with the tail, but not just because you took the skill. †Also the possible weapons are limited to a knife (dagger) or a sword. †No pistols, sorry.

Also the only weapon you can use with Art of Silent Death is Fighting Claws, not sure how that stacks with Tail Fighting...

yeah idd when i realized that i used †a dagger , and bout aosd and tail fighting is specified in FAQ:

faq wrote:
Q: A model with Fighting Claws may not use any other weapons for the entire battle. I assume that there is no exception for a model with Tail Fighting? The word "any" seems pretty exclusive.
A: With Tail Fighting, you can have an additional weapon (hooray!). [Games Workshop Official Mordheim's FAQ]

one thing i learnt from playing skaven is that slings are sooooo op. i feel like skaven are kind of broken.. after few battles i have already 18 units that ouplays whatever i have ahead, like tonight i destroyed undead warband of my friend (his vampire got like 35 shots in 2 turns ) and a human warband and outplayed him and i finished giving him the victory becouse i felt kind of guilty... thinking of choosing something else ... so op ..

seriously my warband basically survived against 2 allied warbands ( just meh).

whatever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 5:37

Skaven and broken is an old refrain. They are certainly an easy warband to grasp and use. Otherwise it depends on the players. We have two skaven warbands in our current campaign. One has the best win loss record and the other has only won a couple of games. The winning record grasped the strengths of his warband early and has used them well. The other player is really just playing for kicks and tends to get to his break point pretty early which is never good for skaven.

As for the slings are you adding the +1 to hit for firing twice? That rule is found in the online GW rule book. I find between that and cover that the sling becomes less of a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ork
Hero
Hero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:18

Slings are very powerful in the early game. But when units begin wearing armor and shields and get higher toughness, they really lose their edge.
We have a Sissies of Sigmar player in our group, who still rely way too much on his slings even into the 250+ warband rating and would rather stand and shoot, than take the lead and charge. It's not working out well. (Especially when he has the even more powerful Sigmarite Hammers and the whips.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 20:32

Skaven can be super powerful in the early game if you spam slings and bodies. Instead of declaring that they're OP and playing another warband entirely, go for a different tactic. Get some good equipment for your heroes (weeping blades and fighting claws, invest in Lucky Charms and helmets ropes and hooks, maybe even poisons or drugs), upgrade your henchmen (double clubs make them pretty good in combat, but more $$, a few spears to take charges), save up money for a rat ogre, etc. Heck, do something off the wall! Both my night runners rolled two skills in a row, so they got Weapons Expert and Infiltrate and I spent all my money and rare item rolls that round buying them blunderbuses! There are lots of things you can do with the warband if you find sling spam no fun to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepitaz
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 11:27

well after 15 battles, i'm still rolling. i used to have 20 slings, and nothing could reach me.

now we started a new campaign and i gone for a more close combat style, with black skaven with wb that gained a couple of skills ( aosd and i gave him knife thrower ) and run quiet good. young bloods gained a +1 to bs so i'm trying to boost them shoot skills (hunter, rapid shoot etc) .

i'm not using any slings, and i find it more fun, especially for my oppo, and matches last way more then before :d

still i wouldn't compare sissies using slings with skaven using slings. quiet different imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doubts and many questions here :s   Today at 7:59

Back to top Go down

Doubts and many questions here :s
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1