Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed

Go down 
+9
flipchuck
Vagabond
Mike
floedebolle
Von Kurst
Mo!
DeafNala
Alex
Bookaday1045
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

Trading Reputation : 0

possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014 - 9:26

Hi everyone, I've been collecting and painting warhammer for a while now and in that time i have made a few miss match warbands for mordheim. Just recently i have had the inspiration to start a new warband so i can try and play a few games.

This is the first warrior i have painted (test for colour scheme)...
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Ab907a1b93144f2d851608487e1cebab
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 3ca395c443dbda84865eee0b89563766

And this is what the rest of the warband will look like...
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 5add6922f390611e3d4cb9920c5bc92d Champion, Captain and Youngblood
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 2acc9a8712e122fa94628773aaa4adf2 Marksmen and Champion
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 2a412a1cf75cd0a00e8a837a8684f15a Swordsmen

Their Recruitment will be

Vandike's Veterans (Reikland Mercenaries)

Captain Alderic Ehrlichman Vandike - Sword, Pistol, Dagger, Helmet - 95
Champion Henry Von Winkle - Halberd, Dagger, Helmet - 55
Champion Karl Stefanovic - Sword, Axe, Dagger - 50
Youngblood Luthor Brenwich - Crossbow, Dagger - 40
Marksmen Giles, Lewin & Randall - 3 Bows, 3 Daggers - 105
Swordsmen Konrad Keller & Gunther Hugh - 2 Swords each, 2 Daggers - 110

45gc remain

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by Bookaday1045 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014 - 9:40

Nice start even if they look a tad more like soldiers than adventurers. May I suggest adding some backpacks and pouches etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014 - 14:13

Your Band of Rogues look TERRIFIC...GREAT use of the plastic parts. Keep up the FINE WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 1 Mar 2014 - 11:54

Nice and armoured like the metal ones! Job well done!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 1 Mar 2014 - 14:01

Love the kit bashing, the result is wonderful.

As for the warband composition I would give the crossbow to the captain at start since he is your highest BS and might hit something with it.  Or buy another marksman and give it to him.

I am of the opinion that youngbloods must earn equipment.  Spend at least some of that 45 on a youngblood to fill out your heroes.  In Mordheim heroes=$ and $ is king.
Back to top Go down
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 2 Mar 2014 - 3:31

Thanks for the comments.

Didn't really want to add to many packs to the actual warriors because there just soldiers ( I think it detracts from the minis and really they wouldn't carry worthless items that couldn't be sold or used), the captain has a small pouch (that he keeps all the coin in and divides it as he pleases) and i am giving the youngbloods packs to carry the loot.

About the warband itself and having that military/soldier look is because i see them as an older warband who after years in service have decided to travel and seek their own fortune in the city of the dammed Mordheim (and picked up a few young kids on the way to carry their stuff). I also think their armour and look fits well with the reikland military disciplined theme from the rule book and their special rules they receive.

I decided to change the youngblood i had and got rid of the crossbow from the first allowing me to buy a second youngblood and give them both maces and add 3 more gold coin to my stash. win win  Laughing 

anyway progress pics

possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 55aa9ae92d0880d99a5255594a79a25a
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed E9d20ad6071e278240b920673cf9c652

Gilles De Gois and Luther Brenwich
Gilles will be carrying supplies in his sack, and Luther records equipment and loot found by the warband (carries Henrry Von Winkles backup wine and also the bard of the group)..

also finished the first marksmen Randall one of three from the Black Beards Marksmen.

possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 83675e12574e954f9247817ffd05bf3d
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed C6f676eb33f6d991f59f4d6641231017

have started painting the other two archers and the second swordsmen will hopefully finish them today. because after today probably wont have much time to complete them until uni break.

once again thanks for the advice and for the comments. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 2 Mar 2014 - 8:54

Ok so finished painting all the henchmen for my warband this is how they look..

possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 056031783343337ae8fadfa7492afa39
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 4f90fd68f4cb8e4c5698b37503bca0db

Im rather happy how they have turned out. I hope to find time to start and finish the heros of the warband soon..

what do you think..
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 2 Mar 2014 - 10:01

Nice warband so far, like the choice of colours, and thumbs up for the basejob!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 2 Mar 2014 - 12:19

The Reikland Lads look SPLENDID...I lean toward the purple & white of Bogenhafen myself. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 3:56

Nice work  thumbsup 

Is Randall's quiver a bit or a conversion?
Back to top Go down
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 3 Mar 2014 - 8:11

thanks for the comments..

was quiet stumped on their colour at the start but when i searched the internet for reikland colours they mainly came back as white and purple, so i did konrad to test these colours and i thaught they were quiet successful..

no the quiver is a piece i had lying around. anyway hope to get some more work done on them tonight, thinking of starting the new youngblood.
Back to top Go down
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 13:53

Ok so was able to finish Alderic Ehrlichmann Vandike the Captain
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 19fba12da68b34003775630777b00aba

Henry Von Winkle first Champion
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed E3873ab192f67e04d6b185753fb28e6e

Karl Stefanovic
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 029ab1121f9a7cf7a3d0a31a13f29af9

Giles De Gois
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 75d57ec3e26932fc635811539c49019d

And the group so far
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 32734cac237b04f255ff9657a27be5b5

Only need to finish the second youngblood now, then may eventually add some crossbowmen. what do you's think
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 14:39

EXCELLENT PROGRESS! Karl, in particular, looks like some one you don't want to mess with. The Group Portrait shows the Band off SPLENDIDLY...GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 15:40

Love the warband's look. I really like the choice of models.  thumbsup 

Karl is a definite favorite of mine as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 19:03

Great Reiklanders! The color scheme suits them well.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 19:50

Great work! But I thought that the color scheme for Reiklanders is\was red\blue\white?
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2014 - 21:01

Again, nice job, and quite a good kitbashing on the last ones!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 8 May 2014 - 16:46

I agree with the idea of the warband being ex soldiers and having less bags and such. I usually make sure that my henchmen look like soldiers on purpose as they are hirre fresh from the Empire army. Some of the hench men are even AWOL. Smile

It has a cool "look" to them. Excellent conversions. Great use of Empire model parts. I am really enjoying the great use of the greatswords parts (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 6:55

Hi everyone,

Its been a while, iv been busy. But unfortunately not warhammer busy!!! However i have new inspiration, new ideas. Hopefully you like. It may be a while before any new miniatures are finished however this is the outline for the new warband. A Possessed warband.

Magister - with Spear

Mutant - Hooved feet (Mutation), 2 axes

Mutant - extra arm (MUtation), 2 mace, buckler

Beastman - Axe and shield

Darksoul - Flail

4 brethren - all with axe and shield

So let me know what you think, have all parts needed just need some glue, greenstuff and some time.

however some fluff for the magister to entice your appetite.

Recount of events by Die Fredrick Hannibal "Bittersteel" -
It hurts to remember back, had I been an evil man before, was I always damned, deformed, impure, or did some retched warlock curse my soul. I was once a simple man, an honest man, strong backed, young, handsome, content with life and service to the empire of man. Where did it begin? How? Why did I not turn away, turn Back. It called to me, it did, tainted, blessed, but not by any man. All I had wanted was wealth and security in those harsh times.

It began with the falling of the two tailed comet, all were attracted to the city, the city, Mordheim. That was where it started, not before. The start of my betrayal, my thievery, my greed, murder.... I did what I had to, to survive. I hunted for treasure, at first. With others for a time, but by the end, alone. One by one they fell, sickness, injury, death.. Greed overcame me, the thought of sharing my wealth, my gold, my power. Until I was the last alive, I wandered, survived, my body transformed, weakened, only the warpstone kept me going, kept me alive.

I continued my piteous existence my soul purpose to collect the stone, I studied it, sometimes gazing at it for days on end. That's when I was attacked, ambushed, by vile Skaven. They wanted it, took it, and left me there to die.

As I lay there for hours, days, months who was to know, It called to me "Here", a voice, "come", a whisper. It could have been the wind, or just a voice within my own decrepit head. I followed the noise until I found the source. "Here, come, take me", There erect, jutting from the hard brick pavement, stood a spear, broken. As I grasped and jerked a sense of power, virility came over me. As I pulled it free a god almighty gasp gave out "Freeeee", screeching for half the city to hear. As I held it, this thing in my own hands I stood amazed, with a sense of rebirth, of power. As I turned it in my own hands the broken blade of the spear danced green with the reflection of the sun. "Bittersteel" a voice said, but when I turned no one was there. Was it a gift, no, more a curse, for my hunger, it's hunger, hunger for the stone was stronger then my own, it was insatiable, it was breathe, it was life, it is existence.  

So i give to you Dei Fredrick Hannibal "Bittersteel"
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 8a315c6733b99c087f0899b05a6b2e95
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 2aef50163f55bfa31bee44e66a2e56b3

One of the mutants
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 73427bfce21e56908f9e4779013ce4a2

and a beastman
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 361d39a883e4484b64c4abc8010b7d30
possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed 2567713ba91cbf72cd6fe38b8da50430

So let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Exterminans
Hero
Hero
Exterminans

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:42

If you are going to skip possessed (i suppose you plan on collecting as much gold as possible for all those nice mutations) then i would try to max out on beastmen henchmen because those are really evil when promoted (i would always do this as T4 and W2 rocks to beginn with).
However, i would recommend at least 1 possessed (with great claw) right from the start for some early xp...
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 12:27

Love the beastman with human head Smile

DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 13:49

That is a SPLENDID start to what looks like a potentially OUTSTANDING War Band. The Magister is a BRILLIANT conversion. Keep up the FINE WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 13:59

What head have you used for the beastman with a human head and the magister? and where is his spear from?

Really clever conversions..
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Bookaday1045
Youngblood
Youngblood
Bookaday1045

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 7 Oct 2014 - 7:33

Thanks everyone,

Exterminans - have taken your advice and started to create a possessed, however have went with an extra arm and tentacle which takes up a huge amount of gold, still he will get S4, A3 and W2, with an advantage to grapple his opponent, so thats gotta be good!

Alex - The head I think is from a space wolves set, I think scouts, the magister is made up from the wraiths body, wizard legs, festuses victim for the head, a goul hand with rock which will be painted to be warpstone and i think the spear is from a choas horsemen set.
Back to top Go down
Exterminans
Hero
Hero
Exterminans

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 9 Oct 2014 - 12:22

Bookaday1045 wrote:

Exterminans - have taken your advice and started to create a possessed, however have went with an extra arm and tentacle which takes up a huge amount of gold, still he will get S4, A3 and W2, with an advantage to grapple his opponent, so thats gotta be good!

Gamewise i never liked tentacles - so much gold for no offensive output and only -1 attack from an enemy (leaving at least 1)? Considering that over a campaign lots of additional A stat increases can occur this is getting worse over time. However from a modeling perspective that’s very promising and i look forward to see your mini… We should not always stick to the power approach  (meaning great claws). Just a thought: what about cloven hoofs? It would really help with getting into close combat as soon as possible or getting into cover/crossing open fields fast – I never tried this but it could be very worthwile…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed   possessed - Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reikland Mercenaries and New Possessed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next