Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A pirate ship

Go down 
+7
Alex
Powerposey
SerialMoM
JoaoS
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Quase
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Quase
Elder
Elder
Quase

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

A pirate ship - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A pirate ship   A pirate ship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2015 - 12:58

Shocked
There.... were... Ron... N... Bones... figs... @... the... con...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghl

You can't buy them in metal from Tales of War anymore since Coolmini bought the game and entirely messed it up with those KISS figs and whatnot
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A pirate ship   A pirate ship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015 - 2:20

We rather enjoyed the General's Compendium ship battles back in the day. Of course we were used to Warhammer then so Games Workshop fiddliness did not bother us.

We have played by Warhammer Ahoy! since the Sartosa supplement was finished and have quite forgotten what the Compendium rules were (although I think we still use their rules for small boats.)

What is wrong with Cool mini's Rum and Bones? The models I've seen look cool.
Back to top Go down
Quase
Elder
Elder
Quase

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A pirate ship   A pirate ship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015 - 9:41

Warhammer Ahoy! eh? I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip.

As I said, I think it were the compendiums' rules. I know for certain there's at least two naval battles rulessets out there from GWS, I'll have to do some reading up (and try to locate my Generals' Compendium book, a book I might say I really enjoyed and used as a reference over different game-systems and -manufacturers in as far as organising campaigns goes)

What's wrong with Coolmini's pirates?
For one thing, several months before their kickstarter the Pirates became (without any warning) unavailable on Tale of War. Now there's the wait until at least July 2015, but if other CMON Kickstarters can be used as a reference, July 2016 or even 2017 is more likely.
And you can only buy them all at once, not select the figs you actually like.

For another thing (and I do relaise this is purely personal preference) they turned them into plastic figs. And I do like my metals for figs with these kind of details. They are quite cartoonesque, and on metals the level of detail is usually quite different from plastics.
And they fixed them onto the bases, where I do like to heavily customise mine. Small issue for someone with an exacto-knife, I know, but still, some of those figs have large areas touching the base.
And then there's some 'issues' I have with a couple of individual figs (a drummer with spiky drumsticks? He won't be-a-drumming for long...

Again, I do know this is all personal likings, but that + the figs being unavailable unless I buy the whole box finished the game for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A pirate ship   A pirate ship - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A pirate ship
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3