HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sat 22 Feb 2014 - 17:52

Your flair for mixing parts yields some HIGHLY imaginative, unique creations. If it's up for a vote, I vote for the Rat Skeleton...its a new mini for moi.  VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup 

If you'd like a bit of inspiration, check out Jackanory's Plague Monks:
http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t964-jackanory-s-clan-pestilens-starting-warband-complete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 8:16

Your miniatures look very dynamic & really scary. Well done! thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 12:51

Cheers mates!
@Paboook: Dynamic and scary seems appropriate for mutant rat assassins. Victory!
@DeafNala: The more I look at the rat skeleton the more I like it, so it'll probably stay. It's from the Mantic Skeleton box, I think.

And now for a massive update; I've been busy this past week!

Start off with some WiPs!

Rat Ogre got a head. Then another. Then another and another...

In my first game one of the Black Skaven, Gnawdoom, was ignominiously shot down with an arrow. After the battle, he was murdered in cold blood by a henchy, who aspired to take his place. I present you with a lad with some talent, Stabwhisker.

On to the finished models.

Eeek! A mouse!

Henchies

The remaining Black Skaven, Skittercreep

Foulsqueak, the Sorcerer. He's got a flail and the spell Black Fury. Along with a S increase, he's potentially quite terrifying already. Was the only one in my first game against a warband rating 274 opponent who took any enemies out of action, then gained an extra experience on the injury table for his troubles after being put down. I see this rat going places!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 13:06

OUTSTANDING! The Rat Guys & Regular Rat all painted up WONDERFULLY. Your brushwork & color choices, particularly the flesh tones are GREAT & your bases finish the pieces perfectly.
The Rat Ogre has the potential to be as cool as the rest of your creations...you have a real flair for all things rodent. VERY WELL DONE all around!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 13:25

Oh my god, its a crossbreed of the godess shiva and an enormous rathing!Wink
Great job so far, and having seen your superb paintjobs on those mantic conversions i really have to admit that there are no better options then to give those mantic ghoules a skaven haed and tail, well done! bounce 

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 13:54

More pics of stabwhisker, please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 17:53

Great work on the squeaky ones  thumbsup thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 3:05

Awesome work and amazing vision for unique conversions! Love your warband, the poses, the characters and the bases too! One of the best and most creative Skaven warbands I've seen!

Joao
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 13:14

Splendid work my friend!

The puppeteer is suitably creepy, where did you get the skeleton rat from? I would suggest switching to the last nurgling simply because it would strengthen the Carnival theme.

Otherwise excellent work on the rats and freaks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 14:46

Wow, big post = lots of replies! Thanks everyone!

@DeafNala: The skin tones were what I was least confident about going into this project, as this style of painting is relatively new to me. Luckily was able to find some inspiration at the last minute, although the minis I was referencing were from an old blog where the author gave step-by-steps of all the painting processes...except for the skin! I was able to guess close enough and adapt it to something that I liked though. Glad it's standing out.

@floedebolle: Hehehehehe, Shiva-Rat! I hope once I get around to painting my Carnival of Chaos guys that you no longer think that rats are the only option for the Mantic Ghoul kit Wink

@Grimscull: Teaser pics just get you all excited don't they? I may just bump Stabwhisker up in line for painting and give you the full set of shots once he's done.

@Von Kurst: SQUEEEEEAK!

@JoaoS: That's high praise, thank you!

@Alex: I mentioned it at the start of the last post, but I'm pretty sure the skeleton rat is from the Mantic Skeleton kit, specifically on the command sprue. It might be with the Zombies, but I'd have more of them if that were true, so gonna go with it was the Skellies. And that is a pretty perfectly posed Nurgling. Might actually be too tall to fit under the marionette cross (is there an actual word for that part of the puppet? Anyone know?) what with the raised arms and all though. Will be experimenting once i get my hands on some of the little pusbags and have shifted my focus (might be a while, I do want to get back to making progress on Warhammer Fantasy stuff as well).

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HellspawN
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 15:58

SO NICE!
SO MICE!
May I borrow the idea to glue skaven heads on Mantic zombies bodies? I'v got an entire Skav' warband but your post push me to sell them and create a new one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 22:37

@HellspawN: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, borrow away!

Got another update for you fine folks. 

We'll start with a new henchman. Finished the gs work earlier tonight, will spray coat him tomorrow before work, and hopefully find time to get him to 3-color standard tomorrow after work, so he can be used during the marathon day of gaming on Sat.

Next up are some removable additions. A sword for a henchy (I had a spare due to finding a jeweled sword, so might as well, right?), as well as a pair of blunderbusses for my infiltrating Night Runners. Going to be hilarious the first time this catches someone unaware, as in the group I'm playing with people tend to bunch up for "safety". Also nice that they can be removed after I've taken the shot to make things clear. Probably not visible from the picture, but they will be powered by chunks of warpstone.

Finally, I seem to be losing my inner fight to hold off on terrain. It's so compelling, but would suck up all my hobby time!

Started to experiment with different road textures

And have been collecting floorboards from the coffee stand at work

Have been staring at this cow in my bits pile for almost two years, finally found a use for it. This will be the sign for a ruined butcher's shop, "Otto's Fine Meats". While (obsessively) browsing other people's terrain, it impressed me what a huge difference it makes to know what each building was before it was destroyed or simply fell into disrepair. Makes the layout more realistic and allows for so many fun little details.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, I've gotten in two games of Mordheim so far. First was a massacre, but I got out okay with a sweet underdog bonus. The second against Orcs was going hugely in my favor until I failed four Leadership tests on my Assassin's Leadership, keeping me from swarming the wounded Ogre. Combined with a horde of Strength four Goblins finally making it to my Assassin, I decided to rout voluntarily and cut my losses. Was a great game with lots of laughs, and I made out like a bandit. Seven shards of warpstone and a jeweled sword, as well as leveling up a number of heroes. Only lost three henchies, all of whom survived to tell the tale. My opponent, despite losing five heroes during the game, didn't suffer any permanent ills (other than -1 Initiative on his two-hander wielding Shaman), instead gaining Fear on one Big Un and Frenzy on the other, along with +1 XP on his LGT hero. That rematch is going to be scary when it happens!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Fri 7 Mar 2014 - 5:48

NICE PROGRESS on the Rat Guys & the imminent scenery. The Butcher Shop sign has that certain over the edge Mordheim feel to it. GREAT WORK all around!   thumbsup 

One of the problems with Morheim is that there are SO many interesting things to do. Getting distracted is a trait that is almost impossible to avoid...it masks senility wonderfully.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Fri 7 Mar 2014 - 17:35

The new vermin looks just as dynamic and scruffy as the rest  thumbsup thumbsup

And the blunderbuss bits, where are those from?

Catch the scenery bug, you know you want to! What a Face 

Any chance we will be seeing your work in the Battle reports forum too? 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 15:51

Thanks guys!

@VonKurst: blunderbusses are made from the Island of Blood Skaven warpfire thrower. Random bits stuck on for good measure. One has a couple of random dwarf warmachine bits, the other has part of a crossbow and a pistol handle. The warpstone chunks are grains of sand.

As for battle reports, I don't believe in proper reports without pictures, and right now I'm still getting comfortable with the game, so I'm already playing slowly. Adding in pauses to take pics would be a little much for now, but expect them in the future!

For now, a quick rundown of the weekend's shenanigans. 

Finally fought a battle against the player who got me into the local Mordheim group - 2 terrifying Possessed, one of them T6! But she's had a lot going on in real life, so no time to build more henchmen, so only a total of 8 models in her warband. Great, so my strategy will be to divide and conquer - try to get the henchmen and force a route while feeding the Possessed henchmen. Simple enough...except that we rolled Surprise Attack and she was the attacker. Ouch! I started with about 2/3 of my warband off the board, and hoped for the best. She got a lucky 6 for table edge and was able to double-charge and OOA one of my Verminkin on T1. Double ouch! However, I was able to really see what an asset the high Skaven movement is during this game. Was able to get charges against the henchmen blob with 2 characters from a safe distance, and isolate the Possessed against my reserve forces. The real turning point was when Black Fury let my Sorcerer take out the Magister on the same turn that slings took down the T4 Possessed with a critical hit! One voluntary route later and I've got my first Mordheim win. Turns out I captured that Possessed and was able to ransom it back for a hefty 75 crowns. Which paid for a pair of Blunderbusses. Excellent. No permanent injuries either.

Next up was some 5-player madness, playing the Wizards Mansion scenario. Shooty Middenheim warband in the objective building, with Orcs, Orcs, and Dwarves as the other players. One Orc player had just given the other a good crumping, so they decided that one boss had beaten the other into submission and forged an alliance. The Dwarf player was across from me on a short edge (we played on a roughly 6'x4' board) and told me he'd rather shoot Orcs than rats. Thus was forged a tentative cease-fire between us, as well as another between me and the previously victorious Orc player who wasn't interested in seeing my blunderbusses biting a chunk out of his ladz before they even got into the objective building. My play was quite conservative in the early turns, mostly surging forward with a big mob of guys while the infiltrators attempted to get close enough to climb a ladder into the objective for some hot lead-based carnage. Middenheimers spent most of the early game shooting at Orcs and slowly but surely whittling them down. 
3 highlights of the game: 
- Middeneheim player forgets about the blunderbusses, as they have scurried up against a wall that he couldn't see from where he spent most of the game standing. They proceed to each get a shot against 4 models. The Pit Fighter emerges unscathed, while all 3 henchmen go down, 2 of whom end up dying outright. Eat lead man-things! (my victory there was short-lived, as a Troll and the Pit Fighter proceeded to blend everything else in the room, then each other - Troll came out on top, unsurprisingly).
- Black Skaven scales the wall of the objective, and emerges perched on the edge of a long sloping roof, staring at the enemy. Facing him is a lone human henchman. Due to roofs being difficult ground, the henchman wouldn't have had charge range on him, but everyone decided that we should use the rule of cool: an I check for each 2" traveled on the the roof to allow running down the slope and not counting it as difficult for the charge. Failure on either and he falls off the roof, directly in front of almost my entire warband waiting below. Middenheim player proceeds to pass a Fear check, AND both I checks to charge Skittircreep, and put him out of action despite a lucky charm and re-rollable parry with fighting claws. Dramatic! Sadly for Uncle Jed, he met a messy fate soon after as 7 Skaven turned short-ranged slings his direction. 
- We ran out of time as the store was about to close, and had decided that in such an event the player with the most standing models inside the objective building at the end of the game would be the winner. I was last in the turn sequence, so was able to go from 2 models in the objective to 12 on my last turn. Pile in and victory to the Skaven!

Sadly, in the post-battle sequence on of my Night Runners succumbed to his wounds and died, depriving my of one of my blunderbusses. Noooooooo! Why are my minions so incompetent? Now I have to decide if I want to rehire a Night Runner (level up faster, hopefully get Infiltrate and Weapons Expert to be back at his old role) or get back my second Black Skaven (all-around better character). Sadly, didn't earn a lot of money after this battle, so my hopes of buying a Rat Ogre have been dashed unless I sell the Tome of Magic I found in the Wizard's Mansion and forego buying the Unholy Relic I wanted. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Also found out that the current league term ends in two months, which means I've only got about 8 more games to go before everything resets. 

All-in-all, loving Mordheim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ork
Hero
Hero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 16:34

I generally don't like Skaven because they're smelly, stinky rats that can't be trusted!
But your models are just too cool and hearing about these narrative battles, bringing in victory at the last moment is sort of winning me over... though I suspect it's all just a clever ruse and I'll find a dagger in my back any minute now.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 19:59

Thanks for the updates.  I happen to have the IoB warpfire team...
I am looking forward to some game photos What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 11:30

Sadly people's schedules have been mismatched, so I haven't been able to get any more games in. I have gotten some work done though. 

The Rat Ogre has started getting fur

And I made a couple more henchies. One with a club (I forget the name of the actual weapon he's holding, but it'll function as a club) and one with two (moar rats with staves!)

I've also been painting.

Gnawdoom is back from the grave, having been rehired into the warband

And Stabwhisker is done too. He's up to 3 attacks with Mighty Blow and a spear. Charge me, I dare you!

Group shot. Here's everything that I've finished so far. Obviously there are a number of rats still in progress.

And now for something completely different.

Man-Wolf-Goat! (no relation to Man-Bear-Pig) He's a Centigor for a potential Beastmen warband.

And gotta give him minions. Couple of Hounds. I've got loads of these lying around, so figure I'll max them out for a Blitzkrieg tactic when I get around to making the warband. Not sure if I'll be adding the silly mutated ears that come with them, sculpting my own, or just covering the gaps with fur. 

Well that's it for now. 

Cheers!

Last edited by NoisyAssassin on Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 11:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benjaminography
Captain
Captain

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 11:49

ahhh! these are all so good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://do-not-talk-about-mordheim-club.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 12:05

The conversions are as imaginative, & cleverly modeled as always...the positioning is WONDERFULLY animated. The painted Rat Guys are BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!   thumbsup 
The Chaos Doggy looks like the Werewolf from An American Werewolf in London.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 21:34

Wonderful stuff! So many cool skaveny ideas! I really like the look of the finished weapons, too.

Loving the kit bashed centigor, very imaginative!  thumbsup thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:19

Thanks guys!

No new pics tonight (should be able to get some tomorrow), but I painted blunderbuss wielding infiltrator, and have started the base coats on my rat ogre. Going to have to kick things up a notch, because I also need to finish another 3 henchmen before my next game! 

Played a three-person scenario, forget the name, but the one with the lost noble wandering in circles. Myself versus two other warbands: orcs and humans of some kind. The human band was an old one that one of the league organizers has, so they weren't quite as developed as the other two. Terrain was set up pretty thick, but a big open square in the middle of the board for the noble to start in. I went last in the turn order, but things started out pretty uneventful. A few potshots from the mercenaries to an orc henchman, but no results (this was a common theme of the game for both myself and the mercs when shooting at greenskins). However, it turns out that a lucky wandering my direction combined with sprint on a M5 model meant that I was able to grab the noble on my turn two and start making a break for it. Turn 3 some goblins and a pair of orcs showed up to harass my flank of giant rats and henchmen, but they were only able to drop a single verminkin. The return strike (charge from a black skaven and 3 giant rats!) saw me KO (and ultimately kill) a big un, which combined with the mercs finally perking up in the shooting phase to KO the orc warboss with their warlock. The orcs wanted none of this and routed. Aside from a few longbows which missed henchmen and a failed shot at the fleeing noble in my possession I never interacted with the mercenaries at all, and had secured the game by my turn 4 (would have taken to turn 5 to get off the board, but I was out of range and sight of his missile fire with the noble and carrier, and the rest of the warband could have just hidden in the shadows for a turn while he advanced, so we called it). All in all a rather silly and uneventful game, but we all still had fun. 

The post battle sequence was where things got fun though, as I found 5 shards of wyrdstone and between exploration and the noble's ransom found 82 crowns, a sword, and a suit of heavy armor. Jackpot! I decided to sell my tome of magic and use my stockpiled money to buy a rat ogre, 3 more henchmen, healing herbs for the 3-wound sorcerer, and searched for mad cap mushrooms as a joke. I might splurge on them though, because Stabwhisker has 3 attacks and mighty blow. Going up to 6 S4 attacks (with a spear!) seems pretty terrifying. Would cost exactly what I've got left in my treasury though, so might not be worth it for a single game. I'm a solid second place in terms of warband power right now though, so I think I can afford to do some silly things I guess. Oh, and my assassin FINALLY got a skill, so I think I'll take Hunch for even more sneaky deployment shenanigans. Ehehehehehehe! And I shall try to start bringing my camera to future games; I've got enough of a handle on how my warband plays that taking pics shouldn't pose a time problem anymore.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 12:37

These minis all look AMAZING. Nicely done and looking forward to seeing more on this thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thetonezone.net
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 14:58

Nice Kitbashing, great stuff!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Sat 5 Apr 2014 - 10:18

Finally got around to taking pics of my most recently finished hero. A night runner who has been renamed Crook-Tail. He's master of the art of infiltration, and has found himself a really big gun!

And of course the warpstone-powered blunderbuss is removable, so it is clear once it has taken its one shot each game

I also decided to demote my other night runner model to a henchman, and upgraded the newest henchman model I'm working on in its place. His name will be Gutterpaw

Finally, an array of henchmen painted just enough to put on the table. Two with clubs and slings

And the former night runner, stripped of some of the fancy bits

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM   Today at 15:16

Back to top Go down

Noisy A's Wonder Workshop Emporium of DOOOOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next