Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rules for Heros on Horses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
selfmade_developing

selfmade_developing

Trading Reputation : 0

Rules for Heros on Horses Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Heros on Horses   Rules for Heros on Horses Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 13:13

Hello Together,

There are several (optional / extended / coreheim) rules for riders.
Which are the most balanced/ best practice?

What happens if a Hero on a Horse gets out of combat for example?

Do i have to roll a D6 and on 1- 2 he is dead before rolling on the injury table? Is the horse also dead? This seems kinda hard for me...

If i dont roll a 1-2, do i have to roll on the injury after that first roll?

Thank you =)

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Heros on Horses   Rules for Heros on Horses Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 21:51

The optional rules from the end of the core rulebook and the extended rules from Empire in Flames (which supersedes Blazing Saddles) are official rules. The Coreheim rules are totally house rules.

Having said that though, the extended rules are harsh. Some people therefore stick with the optional rules but these may be too simplistic for some people. Also, I have not read the mount rules in Coreheim and so they may be a fine alternative to the official rules if you don't mind playing with house rules.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Heros on Horses   Rules for Heros on Horses Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:23

Quote :
Do i have to roll a D6 and on 1- 2 he is dead before rolling on the injury table? Is the horse also dead? This seems kinda hard for me..

Not sure what rule you are referring too? The hero can only be killed by rolling on the injury table. The horse must roll separately and dies on a 1 or 2 like a henchman or a warhound. Barded horses die on a roll of a 1. (I expect I am referencing 'extended' rules here.)

Never tried Coreheim. We play a relaxed version of 'extended' since the 'extended' rules do not seem to be written to encourage their use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Heros on Horses   Rules for Heros on Horses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for Heros on Horses
Page 1 of 1