Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
selfmade_developing

selfmade_developing

Trading Reputation : 0

Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright Empty
PostSubject: Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright   Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 12:41

First: Didnt know where to post this, plz move, if it was wrong Wink

Hello together,

we at Selfmade Developing are enthusiastic Android-Developers as well as Mortheim-players. In the Christmas-days we planned to play a Mortheim-Campaign. While preparing this, we recognized how difficult it was to find all the rules for Mortheim (like basic-rules, Campaign-rules and clan-rules etc.)

In this connection we hit the idea to develop a Mortheim-App which includes:

- All Rules
- Automatic  band-sheets
- Random szenario choosing etc.

The only Problem is the licensing/copyright of the Mortheim content. We cant find any reliable information about this and don’t know any person/telephone number to speak with/call.

Further Mortheim is a special case, because Games Workshop outsourced it to Fanatic, as we know..

We know that GW has published the basic rules on their website for downloading, but at the end of the document there is the hint, that the rules are only for private use. Our questions  now are:

- Can we use the Mortheim content for non commercial use ( free app )
- Can we use the Mortheim content for commercial use? ( app with cost)
- Where can we get reliable information about this?

Need help,
Selfmade Developing
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright   Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 15:27

If you decide to charge for the app, you will have GW all over you in no-time. If you decide to make one for yourself, which happens to be shared to "friends" who would like to try and have a simpler access to the rules, I don't see how they would fight the app.

It's a great idea, and if it weren't for the fact that I don't build apps, I would have done it myself... all I got working is a website with all the Weapons, Items, Mounts and artifacts from the regular rules, the EiF rules, and the BTB rules...
http://mordheim.mysthconcepts.nl/
I just couldn't get the sorting to work properly, and kindoff stuck with just searching in page...
- if it makes your work easier, I have a large xml file containing all these things, saves you quite a bit of sorting I'd guess...

Which OS are you looking to make this app for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright   Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013 - 21:42

If you make money off it (even just to recover costs) then you'll get in trouble with Games Workshop because it is their IP. I would hope though that they would turn a blind eye if it was offered for free.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright   Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortheim Android App: License / Copyright
Page 1 of 1