Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Blessed Weapon Critical Hits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Empty
PostSubject: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 23:44

The question is in regard to the (2 2 2 2) result on the exploration chart, when playing Sisters of Sigmar or Witch Hunters:

"Sisters of Sigmar or Witch Hunter warbands may save some of the shrine’s holy relics. They will gain 3D6 gc from their patrons, and a blessing from the gods. One of their weapons (chosen by the player) will now be blessed and will always wound any Undead or Possessed model on a to wound roll of 2+."

Will this wounding roll be able to crit an opponent, who would not otherwise be eligible for a critical hit?

E.g. Let's say a Witch Hunter (S3) with a Blessed Sword hits a Possessed (T5) and rolls a 6 to wound - would this be a crit, or should it be treated as a normal wounding roll?

My own guess would be yes, but I just read up on the Sigmarite Hammers, which has a +1 to wound, but still requires a natural 6 to crit. Of course this is a slightly different effect, but it just got me wondering.

Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013 - 0:33

In my group we tend towards using RAW as best we make out so we *would* allow crits against Undead and Possessed using this weapon. They need less than a 6 to wound (2+ is a lot less than 6 Smile) so it is all good. Of course, against *non* undead or possessed e.g. Witch Hunter (S3) against a Dwarf Noble (T5 - he leveled a bit) then a 6 to wound with the blessed Sword would not cause a crit.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013 - 10:18

I can understand that, and we have in my group as well - really gives Witch Hunters something, when they can't take Mighty Blow or Strongman.
However, the critical hit sentence concerning this is actually quite odd:

"In addition, if the attacker normally needs 6s to wound his target, he cannot cause a critical hit."

... Normally?
So, my Witch Hunter (still at S3) with his Blessed Sword normally fights Dwarves with T5, but today they bumped into a big fat Possessed warband with T5 and T6 all over the place.
Still can't crit, because he normally needs 6s to wound. What is this?! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 23:24

I would say that the weapon would critical because it normally need's 2 or better to wound.

lets say for argument a Vampire has toughness 7 and is attacked by a strength 3 captain with a blessed dagger, If he was using a normal weapon he normally wouldn't wound the vampire. But he is not using a normal dagger he is using a blessed dagger which normally wounds the vampire on a 2+ , but he misses and the vampire uses mist form next round, now he no longer normally will wound the vampire on a 2+ with his dagger.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 0:35

Quote :
Normally?
So, my Witch Hunter (still at S3) with his Blessed Sword normally fights Dwarves with T5, but today they bumped into a big fat Possessed warband with T5 and T6 all over the place.
But his Blessed Sword 'normally' needs a 2+ to wound the Possessed and thus may crit if a 6 is rolled to wound.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 4:30

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :
Normally?
But his Blessed Sword 'normally' needs a 2+ to wound the Possessed and thus may crit if a 6 is rolled to wound.
I agree entirely with VK and PF. The Blessed Sword wounds independent of Strength / Toughness when fighting against Possessed. Therefore it normally needs 2+ to wound. Therefore rolling a 6 should grant a critical hit.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 11:03

Von Kurst wrote:
You're right, it says 'his target', not 'a target', which is what lead to my misinterpretation.

Case closed! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blessed Weapon Critical Hits   Blessed Weapon Critical Hits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blessed Weapon Critical Hits
Page 1 of 1