Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Great Claw

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Great Claw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Claw   Great Claw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013 - 21:19

The Ultra-Mega Bob wrote:
Ah, another point we stick to, more for Wysiwyg thsan anything else, is that Possessed never take equipment.
We are a very WYSIWYG group also - it is just that we will model on equipment for the Possessed. It *will* be themed for the Possessed though. An embedded crystal, conspicuous glowing eye*/nodule (like an angler fish) for a Lantern, a string of enchanted hearts around the neck for Healing Herbs, etc.
They have so many skill options that I don't think it would be fair to allow them to have healing herbs or Elven Cloaks.
We have found that - so long as you stick to RAW - it is perfectly fair and doesn't seem to diminish fun.
Since they are part daemon, having them use mundane items seems out of kilter
To us being only part demon made it seem *more* likely that they would be able to use equipment because their corporeal aspect would have no problem at all using it. After all, WHFB demons have no trouble using equipment. Some demons are smarter, some less so. The demons in the Possessed are obviously some of the smarter ones because they *are* allowed equipment. Where they intended equipment to not be used they have specifically disallowed it e.g. ghouls, dogs, zmobies, etc.
But by then, why would enemy heroes not have roughly similar skill advantages to negate/ counter those?
Oh they do. My point was that they are potent enough already without needing the buff from letting Great Claws affect *all* their skills. Then again, since you play with a house-rule nerfing them by forbidding them equipment I can see why you might need a house-rule to buff them back up to strength. To be honest, this is why we tend to stay away from house rules in my group - you end up making more and more of them to keep balance.

I know it's less likely, but there's also nothing stopping a warband loading up on Holy Water on taking him out in only a couple of shots.
This is *possible*, but is both risky and unsustainable. On average Blessed Water costs 20 gold and is rare trade. There are a *lot* of better rare trade items you could be spending your gold on and if you *do* spend it on the blessed water you will fall behind the other warbands. Rabbit Foots, Tarot Cards, Healing Herbs, heck, even wyrdstone pendulums tend to get purchased before Blessed Water. Then, even to pull it off you have to run 3-4 heroes up into charge range because the water only has a 6-8 inch range. If the Possessed has Dodge, a lucky charm, maybe a rabbits foot also, then you will probably need more than just 4 heroes to take him down in one volley.

As an aside, I like Wysiwyg and always tend to theme my Possessed around the models I use- one is a Plague Bearer-esque demon and the other is Narbrut the Cyclops from Heresy Miniatures
If you are nerfing your Possessed by giving them only offensive or defensive skills then I can see why you might want the claws to buff them back up. That being said, consider modelling on some spines to the one with Black Blood. Spines are often overlooked, but they are one of the deadlier mutations. Granted, the S1 hit is unlikely to cause any wounds, but it is *a* hit that hits *everyone* in base contact *including those stunned or knocked down that you normally cannot target*. This makes the Possessed particularly good at taking down multiple opponents, especially if you take the supporting skills.

I am about to embark on a new campaign (though I'll be using Witch Hunters) with a new group and might suggest [a fixed length campaign] ... Can you suggest good methods for map based campaigns which aren't too difficult to grasp?
I have never used a map based campaign, but I hear the BTB objective based campaign is good. Haven't used it myself though.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Great Claw   Great Claw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 23:36

"Zmobies", lawl Lord 0, I'm so gonna use that word from now on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Great Claw   Great Claw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 2:07

Goodo. It isn't mine though - it is from Kingdom of Loathing. A game for which I have a fondness Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Claw   Great Claw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Claw
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2