Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB questions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

BTB questions. Empty
PostSubject: BTB questions.   BTB questions. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2013 - 9:58

"Last orders":
Quote :
ending the game
The warriors have been indulging in the inn's
refreshments and are now very refreshed indeed! No
Rout tests are necessary – the winner is the player with
the last standing model. Any player may voluntarily
rout if the excitement becomes too much
That means that I can take a voluntary rout at any point of the battle even when there's no loses on my side, right?
2. Does ogre bouncer count as unarmed model (so he has 1A with other unarmed penalties)?
3. When fighting against warband with lower model count than mine, do I have to adjust number of warriors to "equal the chances"? Or can I just keep roling to see who fights?
Back to top Go down
Major Sharpe
Champion
Champion
Major Sharpe

BTB questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB questions.   BTB questions. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2013 - 19:51

Well, you're gonna need to tell us what rules your referencing if you want your questions answered. Source book, page, and paragraph would be ideal, because I have no idea what your asking in your first two questions.

With regards to your third question, it depends on the format you're using. For one-off games (games not part of a league or campaign), both players typically have a set amount of gold they're allowed to spend on their warband. One warband may be larger than the other, so long as neither has exceeded its budget (typically 500GC).

In a league game the warbands don't have to be the same size or gold value. A weak warband may end up having to fight a strong warband that has more models and better equipment. Either warband may choose to voluntarily rout at the beginning of their next turn (recovery phase) if at least 25% of their models have been taken out of action.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

BTB questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB questions.   BTB questions. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2013 - 20:37

Right Very Happy  all of above questions are about 9th scenario "Last orders" in Border Town Burning campaign.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

BTB questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB questions.   BTB questions. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 1:19

1. Well the sentence doesn't say you can ignore the rules for voluntary routing so I would say you still need to have lost 25%.

2. I'm not going to look it up, but if the bouncer does not list a weapon on his profile, then he is unarmed. (Thus the rules for fighting unarmed would apply. If you allow him to search for an improvised weapon, then he can find a weapon like any other patron.)

3. I really think it is up to you. We generally get so excited to start playing that we don't read the rules to this scenario at all and have to search for stuff as it comes up. So we often play with unbalanced numbers. No one has complained (beyond the guy who complains about everything). Smile 

When we do limit numbers it is mainly due to time constraints or the capacity of our smaller bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BTB questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB questions.   BTB questions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB questions.
Page 1 of 1