Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Empty
PostSubject: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008 - 10:58

hi guys, i have some question about the possed warband.
in my rulebook (spanish version) in the description of the mutant rules says that mutants must start the campaign with one or more mutations but in the possed rules description says that they can start the campaign with one or two.
the diferences are that in one description says must for the mutants and in the other says can (only if you want) for the possed.
my question is if in your rulebook mutants must or can take a mutation(if they have to get a mutation o only if you want), bacuase in the web i dont get the answer, and i think that could be an error of the rulebook translation.
thanks boys Cool
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008 - 11:07

I'm pretty sure that mutants NEED to start the campaign with one or more mutations since they can't gain any, except if you play with the 'gift of the shadowlord' special rule Smile

Youngblood
Youngblood
Chitriel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008 - 12:22

While I must admit it is confusing that both the Possessed and the Mutant have a special rule that while called the same work distinctively different for the two types of heroes.

Possessed Special Rules
Mutations: Possessed may start the game with one or more mutations each. See the Mutations list over the page for the costs.

Mutant Special Rules
Mutations: Mutants must start the game with one or more mutations each. See the Mutations list over the page for the costs.

Both rules as sadly called the same but it has always been my understanding that they are to be used as read under each hero type. Thus a Possessed can be created without any mutations (or with them if you feel like it) but a Mutant must always have at least one (he is simply not a Mutant if he does not).
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008 - 17:15

thanks boys, i see that in your rulebook says the same, and there isnt an error of translation.
thanks for your time Wink
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008 - 19:12

Hey Xarly22

I agree Chitriel 100%, Mutants must always have mutations but possessed can be created without them.

Y creo que el reglamento en castellano, que es el que tengo, está perfecto. Los mutantes deben tener mutaciones pues por eso lo son y los poseidos pueden tenerlas o no, pero el manual en esto al menos está correcto Very Happy

Un saludo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 8:27

Pyyr wrote:

Y creo que el reglamento en castellano, que es el que tengo, está perfecto. Los mutantes deben tener mutaciones pues por eso lo son y los poseidos pueden tenerlas o no, pero el manual en esto al menos está correcto Very Happy
Un saludo

ke?
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 11:00

mrbretonnia wrote:
Pyyr wrote:

Un saludo

ke?

That the Spanish rulebook is fine! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 8:01

thanks boys, for your help.
this question makes the possed warband better in rules but worst in playing, you have to quit one model to get a first mutation, i think that is better one model, including that you could get one gor for the price of a mutation.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)   mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mutants of the possed warband mutations (must or can???)
Page 1 of 1