HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ash
General
General

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 13:29

Agreed! Excellent work here all the photos and the stories are wonderful. I've been slowly reading through everything. Great job! This last report was great priate fluff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 0:27

Expedition #417

Sizzling Gromril wrote:
Ambushed!

It came at him with fangs bared, a bent maul held in each muscled hand.

“Help me! Ambush! Help me!” cried Herr Blau.

The thing came on. Its hideous body, part horse, part man, part something else, rippled with thews of iron as it leaped the debris in a cruel mirroring of a show jumper.

“Help me! Help me!” he wailed. Where was Grun? Where was Weiss? Where was Schwarz? Hell, even that fool Ludwig would do.

That mad, slavering creature half pranced, half staggered past him and lunged into poor Siegfried. Its spear spitted him like a kebab, sent him screaming into the wall behind.

Now was Blau's chance. He drew his sword, raised it high, let out a throaty roar. He was down before he took a step, his ears bleeding, his head ringing, teeth throbbing. All was madness now. Weird creatures loped and capered in the thick smoke that had been churned up by whatever had felled him. Crazy snouts brayed, strange faces bleated like sheep gone wild. Blau stumbled against the ruins, crashed against a fountain, sent water spraying. He'd lost his bearings now. Dammit, where were his men?

The little fat body of Gummy Greenfeet toppled from the building like a lump of prime ham and thudded into the debris below. His killer merely sneered, hefted the axe that still dripped with the halfling's blood, and clopped away as though he'd done something so mundane as tie his shoelace.

Greasy hoofs caught him in the chin, sent him tumbling through the smoke. There was a faint echo of a scream behind him. He paid it no heed. His fingers clawed at the cobbles, dragging him from that mutated horse thing. He could hear it behind him, smell it even, but dared not look back. He dragged himself further. Shaking hands pawed at something. He clutched it more and it rolled over. A face, flesh all ripped off so that the skull leered out like a Halloween mask. Had this thing once been Siegfried?

“Man thing all crawly like a big fat worm” choked the thing behind him. It seemed as though it was never born to speak, but still it tried.

He crawled over what might have been Siegfried and rolled away, but was not fast enough. Something grabbed his foot, there was a pain in the back of his skull, stars in his vision, then all was black.

His vision was blurry, as though he was looking at the world through half closed eyes. A pair of shapes were huddled about him. His head burned like wildfire.

“Take 'is wallet, Claude” said one shape.

“I don't want to go near 'im, 'e looks a bit dangerous”.

They sounded like children, were about the same height too.

“Don't be mard, jus' run in, grab it, and we can go get some ice cream. I hear Old Man Craggy got some Chocolate Chip in just this mornin”.

“Oh, go on then”.

And with that, Claude pounced.

“I say they were tipped off” rumbled Grun. “How else would they have known we were camping down in the Anchor District?”

“Maybe they stumbled across us by chance” said Weiss.

“Bull” sneered Schwarz. “Why would beastmen venture that deep into civilisation. It's not their way”.

“I reckon they'd have had help. That shaman of theirs seemed to know a trick or two. I wouldn't put far reaching sight beyond his capabilities” added Ludwig.

“With no offence intended, old man, but you are far more inexperienced than us in such matters. Perhaps it is best if you kept your opinions to yourself, and let the professionals handle these matters. You are only here because the Lector-General seems to like you for some reason” hissed Blau.

“Some professionals you are: one of your men is dead, three of your hounds have been lost, and you have the death of poor Master Greenfeet on your shoulders”.

“Yes” scowled Blau, “ but it is nothing compared to the death you brought to the good men who trusted you. Quite a bloodbath as I understand it”.

Ludwig gazed at the fire. He could still hear their screams, still see their wailing faces in his sleep. The ghosts of the dead never go away.

“Hrmph” growled the old priest, and he said nothing more for the rest of the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flameon.co.uk
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 4:24

Tales from Dogfish Cove
blessed knight wrote:
a Sketch of Dogfish cove. (during one of Prospero's many recouperation periods)

blessed knight wrote:
Somewhere in Ragil....

"What do you mean? Bunch o' Praying madmen?"

The Gnoblar looked up at Gardrock,

"You know boss! But like when Kurgans lads waaaggghhh, but like this is more
Siiiiiggmaaarrrrrrr!!! with a bit o whippin thrown in!"

"That must be the Flagellants we'd heard of. Where are they?"

"comin over that hill any......second.................now!"

Gardrock looked to see a vast army of lunatics heading his way.

"Right Lads, lets try not to look like chumps this time!"

On the right Gardrock saw Ayhabb swinging Hullbreaka into a unit of
unfortunate knights, whilst the Ironguts settled into a protracted slugout
against the fanatics.

He could hear gunfire to the left which he could only assume was the
Maneaters and leadbelchers having fun, if the laughter was anything to go
by.

A unit of Flagellants accompanying a great war altar came into view a short
distance away.

"RIGHT LADS CHAAARRRRGGGGEEE!!!!!"

After the two sides impacted together, The nasal voice of the Priest cut
through the clamour of Battle.

"Vill any ov you Ogres fight me?"

Gardrock stepped up to the combat, noticing too late the little mirror
hanging from the Priests neck.

"Oh cr..."

His strength dwindled whilst his oponents magic sucked his combat prowess.
Even so, gardrock managed to last long enough to stop the priest interfering
with his lads little fight.

Hours later he awoke to find Ayhabb sitting next to him.

"We lost again boss. Only Just, mind you. Have you seen mah boyz?"

He went to pat the head of the nearest Gnoblar. But he remembered they'd not
been seen since the battle

"Wanna Horse Boss? Nice an fresh!"

"You tell me we lost... AGAIN! And you offer me HORSE???"

"Go on then...pass me a leg"

"I'll get mah boyz to get a horse then, when they return, the horses I
killed are a bit...Soupy...Sorry Boss"

Loss against the Naval alliance in Ragil...Again
:?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 5:10

Gordo Ram's-Eye and his Halfling Catering Corps

zelophahad wrote:

Gordo Ram’s-Eye and his Catering Corps were whistling in cheery unison as they sauntered along the quayside on their way home. They’d picked up a few pieces of Bloddfane which they were all looking forward to converting into food. Chef ‘Aims Low’ Haricot was explaining to them what delights he had planned for their evening meal: ‘I’m going to sauté the pork with shallots and herbs, and then add some --’

‘Fishy troll!’ shouted Bill.

The halflings stared at the youth incredulously. ‘What the fudge are you talking about Bill?’ asked Gordo, ‘troll doesn’t taste anything like fish! It’s completely inedible unless you –’

‘No! Look!’ squeaked Bill again, ‘there’s a troll over there in a fish costume!’

‘Oh fudge.’ Gordo instantly took charge. ‘Right lads, spread out! Bob and Joe: take Bill and Ted up to the right and try and keep them out of fudging trouble for once. Chef: take Leon and his piggies down that street – but try not to get our fudging dinner slaughtered before time! Don and Ned: You’re with me – let’s stick some arrows in that fudging troll!’

Joe led the way up towards the walkway leading to the ruined town hall.

Gordo and the two Fighting Cocks crept towards the troll which appeared to be dribbling profusely. ‘He won’t be alone,’ whispered Gordo, ‘I’ll bet it’s those fudging Halibuteers we were warned about by the Merrie Men: Orc pirates wearing dead fish. Fudging food-wasters… Where’s that fudging thief gone by the way?’

‘No idea boss,’ said Don and Ned in high-pitched unison.

Faygin Bolger smiled cherubically at the shiny stone in his hand as he climbed the stairs up to the ruined tavern. Reaching the top he instinctively peered over the lip of the trapdoor with a wariness born of many years of being-where-he-shouldn’t. He froze as he saw a group of fish skin-clan orcs in the next building just across the walkway.

Suddenly one of the orcs started running towards him – how did the greenskin know he was there? Faygin turned on his heels and ran down the stairs, firing off bolts from his crossbow pistol. But as he looked down he spied another orc at the bottom of the stairs – he was trapped!

Meanwhile Leon drove the piggies forward: ‘Go breakfast! Go dinner!’ while Chef hobbled along behind thanks to the injury he incurred fighting the Deafgit’s orc pirates.

Faygin was encouraged to hear the squealing of the piggies down below as Leon tried to send them to his rescue, but the orc had already seen him and was preparing to charge up the stairs! Faygin looked down at the street a long way below him, took a deep breath and hurled himself off the stairway and towards the ladder leaning against the building on the other side of the street! It was a long jump, but he just made it. The orcs at both ends of the stairs roared in frustration. Swiftly gathering his wits, he continued firing off his crossbow pistol as he ran for fresh cover.

Meanwhile Bill, Ted and the lads from the Bull’s Head were hot- (and furry-) footing it along the walkways heading up into the relative cover of the ruins, firing arrows as they went. The orcs crossbow bolts fell among them, one knocking Bill down, but he kept his footing and crawled to safety.

Gordo and the Halfling Cocks were pouring hunting arrows into the troll which was soaking up huge amounts of damage, its flesh knitting together again and popping each dart out moments after it hit home. But after a few brutal head-shots, Gordo managed to put a arrow right between the troll’s eyes and the great beast crumpled to the ground in slithering a mess of rotting fish. ‘I’m a fudging troll-slayer!’ laughed Gordo.

Meanwhile, Leon chased his piggies as they bolted down the street and laid into the orc at the bottom of the stairs with a uniquely porcine ferocity. Leon himself lent a hand as Chef hobbled up behind.

Suddenly another orc charged into the melee, a particularly strange and confused-looking individual with an octopus attached to his head. Finally Chef caught up and started chopping at the mollusc-clad orc, obviously spotted an opportunity to procure a rare ingredient. Suddenly Chef Haricot let out an enormous belch which sent the orc shaman reeling, but in his frantic attempts to waft the appalling smell away, the greenskin’s club happened to clip the halfing’s head. His neck snapped like a stick of celery and in an instant there was one less master-chef to feed the world.

Immediately the piggies turned on the orc shaman and he disappeared under a writhing heap of biting, snarling pork. (Quite why the pigs should avenge the one who was planning to sauté them is a mystery of the porcine psyche – perhaps they understood that their raise d’être is to be eaten?)

The halflings all froze in horror as they saw the chef fall – what was to become of their dinner tonight? The fight suddenly seemed to go out of the orcs too, and both warbands quickly melted away into the deepening shadows.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 5:25

Those left behind...

Nethrag wrote:
Mulgar was beginning to think someone had it in for him. That was two "chiefs" he'd gotten through in as many weeks. It was a delicate balance between picking one intelligent enough to lead but stupid enough to be led. The last (what was his name again...no matter....) obviously had too little of the former as he failed to hear the call to withdraw and decided on trying to take out an entire vampire warband by himself. To be fair to him, he'd given it a pretty good go before being swamped and dragged down - taking the vampire out of action. Atleast Mulgar assumed that that was what had happened, the only other enemy in sight was some peasant bowmen and they couldn't have been a threat....

Plenty more where he came from anyway, and the vast shards of warpstone they had recovered in the last battle had enabled him to lure another champion to his cause with plenty left over. Still, there would have been even more left over if there hadn't been a need to find a replacement, so a slightly more intelligent one this time round...slightly.

Nethrag wrote:
Well, that seemed to work much better, thought Mulgar, this new one hadn't even fgot any of the henchmen injured in that last battle. I guess you'd still call it a battle, or is it more accurately a massacre when its only the one side doing any dying?

They had come across the smoothskins at a perfect moment, they were widely spread out searching the area around a central plaza when the longhorns sprung their ambush. Drimar the centigor had out distanced the rest of the warband and had his first kill before the rest of the longhorns had caught up and had gone on to slay 3 more during the course of the battle. He was turning into a bit of a beast now, his muscular frame out of all proportion to his size only a few weeks ago. The smoothskins trapped in the centre were quickly overwhelmed, he had even personally knocked down the enemy leader for Drimar to finish off. The rest of the smoothskins had arrived piecemeal over the next few minutes and were taken down one by one. They had showed much bravery though, refusing to run away even when the odds were stacked so heavily against them. Was actually was "bravery" the word he was looking for? No....that's wasn't it....um...."stupidity" yes that fitted much better. They threw their lives away in a meaningless struggle they could not possibly have won - but I guess that's what happens when your a fanatic - you can't see the big picture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New warband rating ended up being 152 rather than 141 Phil, sorry.
Got myself some shiney trinkets now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 5:36

OH, HOW I HOPE Herr Blau meets some horrendously painful death. I keep picturing him looking like that slimey Gestapo Agent from The Lost Arc. Excellent piece of writing!
The Catering Corps & the Ogres are becoming favorites;they REALLY should be allies!
Great Read & Photos as always!thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 5:47

Carp A Diem - The Halibuteer's Tail

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Vercuso, 7th October, in the year eight.

Invertebrate Uncertainties and Half-pint Headaches

Hadduk looked at the Shaman as the Halibuteers walked along Pressgang Alley. The Shaman's presence was unexpected since Hadduk had seen Murlok's head smashed open just a day before. The Kaptain looked closely at him; same dead-octopus head-dress, same smell… but something was different about him… and not just the walking-around bit.

"Celephapod" said Murlok to himself and twitched slightly.

"Hmmm… no, I was wrong. That's defiantly Murlok." thought Hadduk.

~ ~ ~

The Fishmen had stumbled across the path of Gordo Ram's-Eye and his Halfling Catering Corps. Hadduk and Kod took up firing positions in the Cod and Cutlass, while Makrul charged across a walkway into the City Wall Tavern chasing the Halfling Thief, who to Makrul's frustration, had jumped across the street into the Cultist's House!

Dagon the Troll was unwisely left to his own devices: after the sparkling display of initiative the day before Hadduk chose to give him a chance. But the Troll reverted to his normal behaviour and spent most of the fight dribbling onto his fist while diminiative archers peppered him with arrows. Murlok had given the Halfling Chef "Aims Low" a hefty blow on the head with his fish-stick, breaking the short-one's neck with a gratifying crack.

~ ~ ~

Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 6:00

you guys keep amazing me, really well done! Smile Can't say it enough, your style rocks, I really dig it that your campaign has got some style Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefrenziedmob.blogspot.com
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 6:45

Week 3

Jolly Roger Aint so Jolly Now

The Jonesers made up for their sluggishness last week and captured the cliff-top towns of Beffardo and Vermunte, the Howling Marsh and the Old Penitentiary. They can keep Vermunte, the Marsh and the Prison as they are dumps, but someone really needs to boot them out of Beffardo. Fish 'n' Flagon Pub only just re-opened and I was planning on going for a drink there.

The Scurvy Dogs Tyrant Jayne and The Blue Sun Tribe were very active the week as well – they fought a blazing trail across the island but they seem to have kept the profits to themselves. They haven't spent any time or effort building the Pirate's defences up.

A vessel from the Ironfang Pirate Fleet boarded and captured a Nordlander ship of the Naval Alliance in the Bay of Wrecks, its cargo was sold off and the ship was patched up and its hold is rumoured to have been filled with barrels of gunpowder and oil, crates of Arabyan fireworks and bottles of foul Orc grog. A goblin Kaptain has been enquiring about third party fire and theft insurance in Senelite.

Lord Lokay's Wood Elves have been setting up camp in the Osso Hills, throwing the Blue Sun Tribe Ogres out along with a band of Dwarven Pirates. That they are searching for the Dwarf's buried treasure has been vehemently denied on the grounds that Dwarfs dig treasure up, not bury it. A flimsy defence in my book.

Rumours have also been trickling out from Vercuso of ferocious street fighting; the battered harbour town is apparently riddled with precious wyrdstone fragments, fallout from the terrible ritual performed by the Davy Jonesers. Nethrag's influence can still be felt on the island even a year after we were rid of him! The Naval Alliance, it appears, are doing well in the seedy port but the illegal wyrdstone trade in Estallia, the Border Princes and elsewhere has encouraged all sorts to chance their arms there.

Even in these dark days it seems there is money to be made shipmates!

Davy Jones' Crew held The Fortress of the Pirate King, Sartosa City, the Volcanic Lake and the Cave of the Damned and captured the Howling Marsh, The Old Penitentiary, Vermunte and Beffardo.
The Scurvy Dogs lost The Old Penitentiary but captured Fort Senelite and The Bay of Wrecks.
The Corsairs held Caprio.
The Naval Alliance held Caragio and Ragil and captured the Osso Hills.
Roba is still contested by The Scurvy Dogs, The Naval Alliance and The Corsairs.

Last edited by WarbossKurgan on Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 5:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 6:46

DeafNala wrote:
OH, HOW I HOPE Herr Blau meets some horrendously painful death. I keep picturing him looking like that slimey Gestapo Agent from The Lost Arc. Excellent piece of writing!
The Catering Corps & the Ogres are becoming favorites;they REALLY should be allies!
Great Read & Photos as always!thumbsup
Tagnator wrote:
you guys keep amazing me, really well done! Smile Can't say it enough, your style rocks, I really dig it that your campaign has got some style Very Happy

Thanks guys! More Naval action is on the way!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 4:21

Vercuso (Sartosa 3 Luncheim sub-campaign)

zelophahad wrote:
Vercuso Herald: 11th October

No Time for Naval-Gazing

he Naval Alliance have good cause to be considering their situation this week as their hold of Vercuso is gradually being eroded by the increasing belligerence of the Davey Jonesers: The dark elf crossbows of Syphylis’s Dark Intrusion reaped vengeance for The Longhorns by shooting dead the lovely Mademoiselle Marianne – Vercuso is an uglier place for her loss. The Longhorns themselves ruthlessly cut down the newly-arrived Righteous Templars of Ludwig the Coward, who refused to flee from their immanent destruction. Is the witch hunters’ behaviour a brave attempt to overcome their reputation for cowardice? Or is it a psychotic manifestation of a suicidal fanaticism? Only time will tell.

The Naval Alliance have also been holding back the Scurvy Dogs: The fish-clad orc pirates known as the Halibuteers returned to Vercuso this week. The Righteous Templars and halfling Catering Corps attempted to repel them, but with limited success. The mysterious Scurvy Dogs known as Clan Scuttle also defeated Sir Geraint’s forces. Next to nothing is known about these foul skaven, but they are rapidly becoming the single most feared warband in Vercuso.

Attacked on two fronts, and with fighting rapidly escalating in the streets, how long can the Naval Alliance hold on to this town? They must just be thankful no more has been seen or heard of the Corsairs…
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 4:52

I've been involved to a greater or lesser extent in wargames campaigning for awhile now, AND I've got to say I've NEVER seen a campaign SO well documented NOR played with SUCH dedicated devotion as the Sartosa Campaign. I AM TRULY IMPRESSED [usually waking up is THE most impressive thing in my day Suspect ]!

I REALLY like the Vercuso Herald; it's a GREAT way of summing up the events of the weeek. WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO STEAL, er...borrow!Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 12:34

Thanks very much Nala! I have to say the enthusiastic and positive response the campaign is receiving is helping a lot with motivation on my part!

I was a bit worried that Sartosa 3 wouldn't be as good as parts 1 and 2 as I have a very different workload and office environment now and I'm not able to spend nearly as much time on forums or writing fluff as I was for the others. The rest of Flame On have admirably (hehehe) picked up my slack though!

Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 12:57

Sorry, I have not posted on your thread in a bit.

Excellent work. I love reading your games/campaign. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 2:43

Will L'Écarlate and the Merrie Men of Chalons

zelophahad wrote:
The wind lashed the chilling rain against the mourning Merrie Men as Marianne’s blanket-wrapped body was lowered into the shallow grave. Although the soil in the bottom of the hole was swiftly tuning to sludge, another shrouded form was visible in the muddy water – the rotting corpse of her beloved Robin of Chalons, ‘Le Capot’.

Le Moine Tuc intoned the funeral prayers as the men stood around in silent grief. Why did they always seem to be burying the best, the most virtuous, the most noble, the most beautiful people? What more horrors did the city of Vercuso have in store for them? They all longed for home – the sweet-smelling woods of Chalons – and for happier days stealing from bloated noblemen for the sake of beleaguered peasants. But these were stout-hearted men, and each one was resolved to fight on and reap their revenge.

As they took it in turns to shovel soil over their former comrades, Will L’Écarlate became aware of a figure standing in the rain a few yards off. From his garb, he appeared to be some kind of herald. As he stepped forward Will recognised his livery as that of a servant of Sir Jean Balluet, general of the Bretonnian forces aboard Le Sanglier.

‘Well met,’ said the young man, ‘I am Gui Le héraut and I have come at the behest of our Lord Balluet to enquire as to your endeavours in Vercuso.’

Will stared at him with steely eyes. ‘Can’t you see we’re busy?’ He gestured at the fresh mound of earth over the grave.

‘But Sir Balluet would have your report – ’

‘Balluet will get my report when I’m ready to give it,’ snarled Will.

The young herald was surprisingly defiant of the grizzled veteran: ‘And what am I to do while I await this report may I ask?’

Will turned to Montée: ‘Give this young toff a longbow and teach him how to use it. If he’s come to see the Merrie Men in action, he might as well join in.’
zelophahad wrote:
Here's how the Merrie Men are looking at the beginning of week 4. Marrianne is dead Crying or Very sad , but I've replaced her with Le héraut Gui. Also, I rolled a 'that marksman's got talent' so I'm on max heroes.

Will L’Écarlate (bandit leader) - longbow, hunting arrows, sword, dagger, lucky charm. BS 5 now.
Le Moine Tuc (cleric) - longbow, two cudgels, helmet, dagger, prayer (hammer of 'Sigmar'/The Lady!). 2A now.
Jean Le Petit (champion) - longbow, double-handed weapon, dagger
Beau Coup (champion) - longbow, hunting arrows, cudgel, dagger. S4 now.
Montée (marksman) - longbow, hunting arrows, cudgel, dagger. BS 5.
Le héraut Gui (petty thief) - longbow, dagger

Merrie Men of the Yew - longbow, dagger. 2A.
Merrie Man of the Ash - longbow, dagger.

10 members.
Warband rating: 119
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 5:19

Ikrim elfeater strikes out alone

Nethrag wrote:
The great unclean one lay there at his feet, a huge pile of flesh covered in boils, scabs and pus. As leader of the tribe it was hs "honour" to have the first cuts of the slain enemy. To refuse to eat a fallen enemy would bring shame onto his head and no matter how successful the tribe had been no-one would follow him thereafter. He had to set this example, there was nothing that an ogre could not eat. The daemons heart was cut out and brought before him, a cloud of flies buzzing in and out of the open arteries that still dripped with corrosive slime. Showing no fear Ikrim snatched it up and swallowed it whole in one gulp, his stomach lurched as he tried to keep the bile rising in his throat down. He bent over coughing as he felt the meat writhe within him, all eyes were watching the struggle in fascination. After what seemed an age Ikrim banged on his chest a couple of times and straightened to his full height.

"Eat, eat my friends, show that ogre flesh and gut is strong"

spurred on by the ever present hunger in their bellies and the example of their tyrant the tribe fell on the flesh before them, little did they know how much it would change them..........................................................

Ikrim woke the next morning as always to the familiar smell of his breakfast cooking. Something was different, something was missing and something else had taken its place, he couldn't quite place it. He got up and stretched. His arms brushing the top of the tent his gnoblar servants had erected the night before. His stomach gurgled away within him which brought his attention to it. There was where the change was, he felt.....content?! The gnawing hunger that the great maw had placed inside of him, and every ogre, when it crashed in to the planet all those thousnads of years ago, that ever present need to feed, to devour, to consume, had gone!
He threw back the tent flaps and looked around the camp, he could see it in the face of every ogre he looked into. They had all chaged. Corai his cheif butcher came rushng over to him.

"Explain"

said Ikrim to Corai.

Corai held the tyrants gaze and then produced a cleaver from one of his many belt hooks. Holding out his hand infront of him he brought back his arm and in a mighty swoop took his own hand clean off. It flew through the air and landed with a bounce among a nearby group of gnoblars who shrieked and ran away. Confused Ikrim looked back at the butcher who was still staring at his stump of an arm. Following his gaze he was amazed at what he saw, the flesh around the wounded butcher was knitting itself together and growing outwards again. Within seconds a ball of flesh had grown up and within a minute a fully formed hand had replaced the wet bloody stump that had been the butchers arm.

"Expalin"

said Ikrim again to Corai.

This is not a spell of our doing said Corai, it is the flesh we consumed last night. It regenerates within us, filling us, changing us. We have become more than ogre....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ogre army as we all knew and loved it is no more (apart from the GT!). The mutations that they have been experiencing over the last few years at sartosa have come to their conclusion. Meet my new chaos "troll" army Laughing
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 8:46

Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns

WarbossKurgan wrote:
13th October, the year eight.

The Return of the Kommodore

Barnacle Nog sniffed the air. He was sure he had just caught a whiff of pipe tobacco smoke – not just any tobacco though, he was almost sure it was the noxious weed favoured by the late Kommodore… but it couldn't be. It was likely just a mix of smells from the city, gunpowder and the contents of burning buildings stirred together by the sea breeze.

"Roight ladz. Let's get back into action" said a bearded Orc as he strolled into the Ogre's Barrel tavern as if he owned the place.

The Ogresuns looked up at him blankly – he was silhouetted against the open doorway, from where bright sunlight flooded into the dingy bar.

"An' who the zog are you mate?" said Nog, in no mood to be messed with.

"Whassat?" said Kommodore Deffgit as he shut the tavern door and walked into the lantern-lit centre of the bar room. The assembled greenskined Pirates gasped, several pints were spilled and a Goblin fell over.

Nog and Salty Ogbad leapt to their feet and rushed forward, questions spilling out of both of them.

Some minutes after the initial shock had subsided, the noise level died down a little, mugs of grog were refilled and pipes were lit, the Kommodore took a long drag on his special recipe of Estallian tobacco, molasses and gunpowder and looked at the eager faces around him.

"Sea turtles mate" he said quietly and waited for the expected confused reaction. He wasn't disappointed. He continued: "Well, a magic flyin' sea turtle to be perfectly truthful: that one called Bertram what floats around Dogfish Cove. By whole chance it happened to be a passin' as I fell, unconscious with an arrer in me noggin, off of that building. It carried me out to sea and dumped me – I woke up on a deserted island. Luckily a smuggler's cutter picked me up after a couple of days and took me back to the north end of the Bay of Wrecks. I… um… walked the rest of the way here."

The Ogresuns nodded: they were satisfied with the anecdote – it had just the required amount of piratical un-believability and swagger. They knew there was more to it than was being told but, more importantly, this was a story they could dine off (well, drink off) for the next few weeks. More grog was served and the crew settled back down to their usual shore-going habits. Things would get back to normal now!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 9:12

HOORAY!cheers

The Return of Kommodore Deffgit, my Role Model. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 2:22

WarbossKurgan wrote:

The Charge of the Light (Green) Brigade

"Siff-a-liss?" said Barnacle Nog slowly "What kinda name is that?"

"Dark Elves, eh?" said Kommodore Deffgit with a deep chuckle "it don't signify though, they've got Bloodfane stones and we need to get 'em off of them" he continued.

The two Orc pirates looked down over the town from their vantage point in the old lighthouse. They compared the ruined streets and alleys laid out before them with the tatty yellowed map spread on the wall of the balcony. It would have been difficult to match up the old map with the town even if the place hadn't been subjected to two years of war, looting and explosive bombardment by shattered daemonic rock.

"That clock tower over there," said Deffgit pointing out over the town "is that one there" and pointed at the map.

Nog tilted his head and squinted. "All right" he said, in a non-committal tone.

"So Half Moon Street… must be that one." said the Kommodore. Nog shook his head very slightly, confused, but agreed with his commander.

"Roight. Get the shore party together, we've got some Skinnies to beat up" said Deffgit. Nog understood that perfectly, touched a knuckle to his forehead and pounded down the spiral stone staircase.

~ ~ ~

With a high-pitched cry Walker Plank, Kabin Grot, charged towards the fearful lizard-thing. Even though it towered over him Stormy Trug had implied that he wasn't pirate-enough to fight the beast so here he was running towards the thing's blind-side with a cutlass in each hand. Amazingly the other Kabin Grots weren't far behind him (he was half convinced that they would abandon him to become lizard-lunch) as he started hacking at the creatures leathery scales.

The Cold One's slim Beastmaster shouted a warning to his fellows and charged at the goblins but he stumbled or slipped on something and Walker ducked below his sword-swipe. Then the Grotz slammed into him and dragged him down to the ground, where they kicked and beat him into insensibility. The now out-of-control Cold Ones lumbered away and paid little further attention to the battle, even when Morrgun broke his neck charging the flank of a stupid beast and the other goblins repeated stabbed the other till it roared and fell over. Stormy instantly set to carving off one of its legs, shouting "Roast Lizard for dinner mates!"

The Ogresuns outnumbered the Dark Elves of Dreadlord Syphilis two-to-one and they used this to their full advantage to encircle the filthy Davy Jones' lot. The Larboard Watch outflanked the Elves who were holed-up in the clock tower while Wyrdtoof zapped green lightning bolts in the direction of the clock - he didn't get anyone with them but the ear-splitting pyrotechnical display amused and entertained the Orcs.

By the time the Goblins had taken down a Witch Elf the Orcs had nabbed the only piece of Bloodfane stone that the Elves were futilely defending so, when Salty was hit by a pair of crossbow bolts and floored for a short while and half a dozen Orcs and Goblins were injured, Kommodore Deffgit chose to pull back and count their winnings.

"Them Dark Elves could carry on peppering us with bolts from the fancy crossbows all day, and for what?" he shouted across the street "Nothing worth risking our necks over!" he concluded. Wyrdtoof agreed and peeping round a corner he fired off one last noisy blast of green lightning for luck.

The celebratory cries of the Elves rang in their ears as the pirates scuttled away but they knew the skinnies had themselves a hollow victory.

~ ~ ~
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 3:41

WarbossKurgan wrote:

14th October, the year eight.

Exchange of Fire

In the mists of the early morning Barnacle Nog paced back and forth along the quay-side, while Salty Ogbad sat on a small barrel closely examining his recently acquired Musketoon.

"We have to get to the cutter before the tide turns!" said Nog impatiently "they won't wait for the next as Jack'll get 'em and we need to get this batch of Wydstone off!"

"I know mate, I know but the Kommodore thinks we still have time to give them Chalons a sound thrashing before slack water." said Ogbad "at worst we'll just have time to try out these for a bit then leg-it." The last comment was directed more towards the short-barrelled black powder weapon in his hands.

In the distance the sound of the bickering Starboard Watch drifted out from an alley, muffled by the fog but still plain to hear. Nog and Ogbad looked at one another for a moment then strode off towards the sound of the row; clearly some heads needed knocking together.

~ ~ ~

Goblins flew along the left flank to make an assault on the Cod & Cutlass, followed by Wyrdtoof and Salty Ogbad. Scupper Lug sprinted, roaring, down the right flank, arrows whistling passed his ears all the way while Briney Duff and Dubloon Dreg followed more cautiously keeping to the cover of walls and broken trees.

The Starboard Watch (Fishgutz, Blind Fug and Bad Hook) climbed up into the Wall Tavern. Blind Fug and Bad Hook started shouting at each other, Blind Fug knocked Bad Hook to the floor but he jumped up and they carried on shouting. Fishgutz turned and barked at them to "Shut the zog up and get on with yer work!" somewhat sheepishly they went back to taking pot-shots at the Outlaws out of the window.

On the walkway between the Clock Tower and the Cultist's House Orc pirate Briney Duff was shot dead were he stood but to settle the score one Outlaw henchman was killed by Barnacle Nog; he fired his Musketoon at extreme range while darting between shattered walls, the musket ball zipped between the branches of a dead tree and Nog was as surprised as the Outlaw when he saw his target tumble off the wall clutching his chest.

But the battle was moving too slowly and the tide was not about to wait for them, with only just enough time to spare to reach the slips and get the smuggled goods loaded into the red cutter they fell back, firing sporadically at the Chalon Outlaws as the went.

~ ~ ~

NB: The Ogresun's ranged weapons are just Bows really, but Musketoon sounds more Piratey!

After the battle…

Fishgutz stood proudly in the small square, surrounded by the Ogresuns, with a big goofy grin on his face.

"Roight, yer promoted to Bosun's Mate," said Kommodore Deffgit "and yer first duty is to be lowered into that stagnant well to trawl for a piece of Bloodfane stone which that sharp-eyed pirate Scupper Lug spotted at the bottom."

Fishgutz deflated slightly but allowed Ogbad and Nog to put a loop of stout rope round his middle and climbed onto the low wall of the well. A waft of stagnant air reached his nostrils and he gagged. He managed to avoid swallowing any of the fetid water and grab the stone fragment but no one would sit near him in the tavern that night.

The bar was particularly full though as some additional crew had stayed ashore when the cutter came in from the Ogresun to be loaded with chests of wyrdstone to be smuggled off of the island: an Orc and a Goblin joined the landing party.

Last edited by WarbossKurgan on Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 15:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 4:36

Syphylis’s Dark Intrusion

frog wrote:
Battle 3

Standing among the building the 7 dark elves stood, all in a small huddle. The dark wonder watched at far, “what are they up to now”.

Syphylis!” He shouted. The small group looked up, swords at ready.
Show you self” Replied Syphylis in curiosity.

The man came into the clear, and walked calmly up to the group, like he knew he could not be harmed. “I bring new from the fleet. Our lord requests you to stay here and collect this Bloodfane that he has heard so much about.

How do you know were here” he asked seamlessly engorging the orders
Doesn’t the dark lord know everything?” the Dark man laughed to him self

My lord I sense humans” Elaraith interrupted the magical moment that the two were having.

To the buildings, I told you I would give you action! and make you self useful little one” referring to the new dark man

There was a scramble as the group climbed the ruins to find higher vantage points, only to discover a rain of arrows coming through the windows.

Those dam humans” Hadrian complained pulling an arrow from his arm. “They have no sense on how to really kill someone

The Dark stranger placed himself perfectly in one of the available windows, so he had a perfect shot at 3 of the humans approaching. He was silent and sleek with his shot. The bolt seemed to curve round anything in his way... and plunged its self into the torso of the damsel standing there.

Your hired” Exclaimed Syphylis

The battle was short lived; after many arrows were exchanged the situation looked grim for the dark elves. But with the sweet taste of blood, they were thirsty for more.
frog wrote:
Battle 4
Release the cold ones

I’ve been starving the cold ones for days now; if we do not let them eat they may turn on us my lord” Hadrian complained
Then go find some Ork meat, i have work here to be done” Syphylis replied.

So the henchmen took their positions, scaling several floors in the highest building they could fine, while Lotus, Hesper, Hadrian and the two cold ones stood ready for the trap in the ally below. Syphylis was working in on of the back building, but no one knows what...

There was rumbling below, small shapes appeared within the ruins, something ran between across the door way. The Henchmen took any pot shot they could, but luck seems to be running fin.

Goblins” shouted Hadrian “go fetch” he commanded to the cold ones...
The cold ones look round at their master but when went back to their dribbling.
Go you stupid creatures, look Food” Hadrian shouted “jucy pork chops” he tryed again

But would they move? They seemed more interested in the large piece of wood in front of them... 4 goblins ran round the corner, screaming strange noises, yet the cold ones did nothing....

Hadrian screams were heard again as one of the more courageous goblins hammered several sharp objects into him, then cheeky bugger even started to enjoy himself, with the different ways he could make Hadrian scream.

This man has no place in this retinue, even his beasts ignore him” Elaraith complained “beaten by a goblin, ha!

They are leaving!” shouts of joy were heard across the battle field. as the Ork mob stumbled back from which they came.
but with bits of cold one now all over the street in pils of sticky gue...
and several of them crying like high elves, things diden't look good.

But they have taken all that of worth, u know that’s strange, Orks being organised? That’s just not ment to be” Hesper started to realise that this was no fair game; greater powers were at work...

Lucky for hadrain Syphylis was not watching the battle...

Warband rating: 170 (iseem to have miscalculated some where along the line)
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 16:31

Tales from Dogfish Cove

blessed knight wrote:
"What do ya mean? The rudder is jammed! Ya mangey Sea Dog!"

"Erm Boss, Y'know that wee bit o' rain we 'ad last night? Well it buckled
the Rudder housing."

"DAMN! Lets drag the wee beastie out o' the Briney then and get her fixed...
..may as well let jack out to play whilst we work on it"

With a gleeful gurgle Jack lolloped down the beach into the sea. It was only
a short swim to Vercuso and he had important things to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack could see his den from the harbour, and the area was free of those
pesky small things that went squish. Mr Elfy would be waiting.

He slid into the dark ruins and entered the well. The murky water was no
obstacle for him. Through tunnels he swam past submerged dwellings. Past
ancient store rooms until an eerie light up ahead told him he was getting
close.

He rose out of the water into a great hall, lined with crumbling pillars and
the dust of centuries. A lobster scuttled near the pool and was swept up by
one of Jack's tentacles. Mr Elfy would like this. He likes his gifts.

The hall ended with a wall of rock where in another age, the supports had
given way. Turning down an arterial corridor, Jack came to another pool.

He was near Mr Elfy now. Entering the water again he swam into a vast throne
room. The Skeletal form of a long dead Dragon slept on its golden bed. At
the far end of the hall, Jack Could see the throne. The long dead Elven
Prince silent awaiting his arrival.

Jack brushed the remains of his previous gift from the Skeletons lap and
tenderly placed his new offering in its stead. Sitting at the foot of the
throne Jack gurgled in happy bliss.

It was nice to have company.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 16:34

Ikrim elfeater strikes out alone

Nethrag wrote:
Ikrim laughed as he tossed another ogre aside. He was above these creatures now, they could not harm him for any wounds he took would heal given time. He looked up and saw his next prey, he was just about to yell the order to charge when he buckled over in agony. His stomach felt like it was trying to push its way out past his gut plate and was winning the fight! Staggering forward he was numb with the pain, incapable of ordering his limbs to obey him. After a few minutes the pain subsided as his gastric juices once more regained the upper hand in the digestion of the regenerating meat inside him. His enemy had taken the opportunity to try and put some distance between themselves and him. No matter, they would face his wrath soon enough. Lets just hope this wasn't a common occurance!

--------------------------------------------------

This is why my regenerating ogres ("trolls") may sometimes act a little stupidly Very Happy they've just got really bad indegestion!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 16:37

The undertunnels of Clan Scuttle

Totem wrote:
Are a few weeks of searching for evidance of the skaven infestation in Vurcuso, I have manage to find some evidace left behind by one of the warbands.

Hopefully I will be able to translate it soon.

Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 2:20

Expedition #417

Sizzling Gromril wrote:
Rats, Pigs, Dogs and 'Flings

His hands were clasped behind his back, his nose raised high, eyes scowling, as if he were scorning the view, rather than admiring it.

Damn how he hated that man.

“Herr Blau” cringed Ludwig. “May I have a word?”

Blau didn't turn around, but the priest knew he was sneering. “You may” he hissed, venomously as always.

“I have approached our friends within the Alliance. Our halfling friends, to be precise”.

Blau seemed to move slightly. “Halflings; nothing more than thieves and a drain on rations” he sniped through gritted teeth.

“Yes, perhaps. But they spoke of a nest of rats as big as men, and just as cunning. I took it for a flight of fantasy on behalf of the little people, after all they are prone to tall tales, perhaps to compensate for their limited stature. But still, something doesn't smell right down there. I hear stories of people disappearing, of abductions in the night. These rats are a myth, but it may be cultists down there”.

“They are no myth” mumbled Blau. “It has long been a secret kept within the Church. Public knowledge of these creatures would only cause...” he paused, razor-sharp intellect clawing for the right word. “Unrest”.

Ludwig's eyes went wide. Rats? The size of men? The Church had told him that they were merely bedtime stories told to frighten children. Strange things were happening on this island. Strange things indeed.

“By Sigmar's ears” whispered Ludwig. The damn things were real. It had scuttled into sight for only a second before disappearing, but its full, grotesque form was made clear in the blazing lights of the dock. Snout as long as a man's forearm, a rope like tail, and matted fur that coated its body, save for a few hairless blotches. It carried a rudimentary club in its paw in the same manner as a human being.

The priest burst from cover and sprinted to the mysterious pool, then stood in awe. Four huge, slippery tentacles had broken its surface and were flailing wildly. At the end of one, a rat as big as a dog squealed as the life was wrenched from it. He looked at the pool's green water, at the shimmering orb at its bottom, at the monstrous beast at its centre. Then Blau came up beside him.

“In!” the captain hissed.

And the pair dove in.

The scene was beautiful. Butterflies fluttered, roses swayed in the breeze, the sun shone brightly. A squirrel hopped from the branch of a tree and a dragonfly zipped along the surface of a pond. But the gruesome cargo that worked its way along the dirt track had brought a veil of morbidness over the residents of Little Hill. The halflings walked behind the cart as the village elder read the Rites of Death aloud.

“Here is Gummy Greenfeet, loyal friend, raconteur, philanthropist. He leaves us now and heads for the Marmalade Gardens, were his soul will forever be at peace. He sampled from the Buffet of Life, and he is now free to gorge himself at the table of the Holy Baker”.

Two figures had dropped back from the procession and were talking beneath a stout oak tree.

“I have to, Aunt Beeswax . For Gummy”.

“Please, Bulger. Do not do this. We need you here”.

“I'm sorry, but I must. There is a boat leaving for Vercuso tomorrow morning and I intend to be on it. For I, Bulger Bluefoot, swear an oath that I will avenge the death of my cousin Gummy Greenfeet, whatever the cost”.

Bulger then set off to get his lucky dagger from the attic.

More Piccies!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Today at 10:58

Back to top Go down

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next