Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)

Go down 
+7
Ash
Horatius
zelophahad
xarly22
Eliazar
DeafNala
WarbossKurgan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008 - 13:42

AAAAAARH!
That Scurvy Bilge Rat,Rukbadruk be a plannni' to be a'stealin the Ogresun, AND them Brets blew yer orf'n the water [Wait: it's NOT Talk Like A Pirate Day ANYMORE; I don't HAVE to post THIS way Suspect ]!

I DON'T think the Lull-'Em-Into-A-False-Sense-Of-Security Plan is working, BUT it's OBVIOUS from their pale & pasty complexion that you WERE fighting Ethereal Creatures; SO...not too bad considering.

The table looks GREAT, COOL, AND there seem to be more elevated walkways & a few buildings I don't recognize from previous posts. WELL DONE, Yer Adm'rulship, Sir! Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 665330 Suspect

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008 - 16:56

Ikrim elfeater strikes out alone

Nethrag wrote:
Ikrim rose early to the smell of breakfast, his retinue of gnoblars had long ago learnt that the chances of any of them being devoured as a pre-breakfast snack was drastically reduced if breakfast was ready as soon as the overlord woke. The tribe was on the move before the sun had fully risen with the camp ready to move soon after the order for departure was given. They filed out of the valley they had spent much of the winter in in a long column with the storewagons and the tribes herds bringing up the rear. Guarding these resources was a place of honour in the tribe and as such was given to the Ironguts led by Corai "the prophet" one of the butcher brothers.

Their destination was the fortres of the pirate king, Ikrim fancied there was likely some more exotic fare to get his teeth into in the pirate kings cellars and was keen to expand his culinary exploits:

"Sum gud eating"

as he remarked to Krackjaw, another of the butchers.

As they approached the city of sartosa a lookout gnoblar atop his perch on a tall standard started squeaking and pointing off towards the coast. Squiting into the distance he could see a thinling ship unloading its crew onto the shores. He was just about to give the order to continue on to the fortress of the pirate king when something else caught his eye. Grabbing his spyglass his massive fingers worked with surprising dexterity to focus on the object hovering above the ship. It was a great sea beast, serpentine like a dragon but with a smaller frame.

"MINE"

he bellowed as he set forth at a run for the shore. Something new on the menu tonight!
Krackjaw could only roll his eyes skywards as he gave the orders to follow the tyrant towards the inevitable fight...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008 - 19:10

im working in an undead pirate warband, your warband and your campaigns have take me and my zombie pirates are working for be ready to play!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 12:52

Ikrim elfeater strikes out alone

Nethrag wrote:
Ikrim lay back more satisfied than he'd been all winter as he picked his teeth with the claw from the beastie he'd slewn the night before. That's what he needed - variety was the spice of life after all and he thought that sea beastie may be his new favorite treat. He'd been strangely unaware of most of what else was transpiring around him as he stalked his prey around the battlefield. Still, the boyz seem to have done alright, they'd be at this so long now they didn't really need him to tell them what to do anymore. A well greased machine. Good, as long as none of them got any ideas above their station, and if they did, POW right in the kisser...

The journey on to the fortress of the pirate king was a short one, they would have made the distance yesterday but for the dinner detour. Again though as the tribe approached the fortress they found another army had landed back on sartosa. It seems that the inhabitants of the island were flooding back. Well - lets go see what tasty morsels they've brought back with them....

Scanning the opposing troops he saw that they were Kurgans lot, Orc flesh was never his favorite, too sinewy and bland. Then his eyes saw the prize. A hulking giant strode forwards on the left flank, grinning he gave the order to advance, heading straight towards his chosen supper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saul set up largely on the right flank, I set up largely on the left.
The goblins showed amazing courage in the first turn passing 3 panic checks. However Sauls dice then proceeded to continue to roll low for much of the rest of the game.

Trappers shot then stood and shot and then bea tin combat some crab riders on the left flank leaving the way open for the tyrant to introduce the giant to the tenderiser - timber!

Sauls looted cannons either blew up or when they did hit my regeneration spells saved me from the worst of it.

His Lv2 wasn't getting a spell through unless he rolled IF which never happened, while his defence managed to stop most of the offensive spells but I got a lot of the buffs off.

One gorger took out a cannon while the other turned up a bit later and proceeded to first killing blow the shaman and then the big boss the turn after. Very Happy

A failed stupidity roll and some badly timed squabbling by an important charge unit let me get to the flanks of his main units and break them sending them back to the seas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 12:55

Prince Robinet Puissants Journal

grotsmeg wrote:
Journal de Prince Robinet Puissant, Commandant General des Troupeau à ailes royal

c'est le journal de prince Robinet Puissant, commandant General des ailes d'à de Troupeau royaux. J'ai été envoyé par mon père pour étudier l'île de Sartosa qui a été placé pour être colonisé en tant qu'élément de notre royaume en expansion, afin de faire rapport correctement à mon père que mon journal sera maintenu à mon côté mis à jour dans toute cette campagne, si je tombe dans les mains ennemies, oh chié, vu mes alliés j'ai eu mieux pour écrire ceci dans impérial .....

We landed on sartosa near the town of Roba after many weeks of hard sailing and no sooner had the men unpacked the baggage train from the ship our Yeoman scouts returned reporting a group of Ogres heading our way, grabbing what knights were armoured and fit to fight we sallied forth to lay claim to their lives.

Working our way through the clearing i allowed Juliet to walk saving her wings for later, and saving her strength so that her sharp beak could be used to best effect.
Prince Ardent gave a call from the front of the grail knights he was leading. he had spied some monstrous hairy beasts in the woods off to his left and then ahead over the hill we could see a shambling line of ogres charging towards us, slowing down warily as we came into view.
We gave our prayers to the lady knowing the time was short and battle was close
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5971

Three of the creatures who looked like pantomime chefs starting gurgling and making strange noises and chomping on strange grubs and animal body parts two of the knights errant fell to the ground their faces contorting in unlikely shapes.
But our line held, on the tighy the yeoman charged forward past the battle line to try outflank one of the smaller units whilst the pegasus knights tried the same on the left.
The ogres slowed as we held our line readying our charge
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5972

Suddenly a body of bald skin and muscle burst from the undergrowth behind me and Juliet my hippogryph reared in fustration turning to face this new unexpected challenge.

The three chefs threw out more magic and our the errantry knights lost another man, and decided to retreat from the line, preserving their hides.
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5973

Prince Ardent gave the order and the grail knights charged the abominable men lurking in the woods whilst the other knights held the line. I shouted a challenge to the gorging beast before me thinking it would just run from the battle but it showed only the look of hunger in its face. Behind me i saw that Ardents men killed two of the beasts and the final one tried to run for it but was cut down as it ran, ardent then smashed into a runt unit of goblin like creatures.
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5974

Again the ogres ambled forward a single unit was closer than the others almost in charge range of our men, suddenly some strange cannon booms went of an the yeoman were covered in shards of metal objects two of the horses went down and the rest ran from the field, paysans foutus. The pegusi took another shot from another unit of cannon carrying hulks but they was able to outfly most of the debris.
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5976

The gorger charged me and although his claws struck home all he did was scratch my armour whilst i cut him hard and deep, making him pay for his affront but he wasnt going to run.

Then Prince Justin gave the charge and he charged his unit passed the nearest bull ogres into the mighty ironguts to their right.
The other errants in a wild cavalier attitude decided to charge the unit with the tyrant slaming into the mage and the ironguts, leaving the tyrant unengaged. It was a tremendous clash and both ogre units broke being run down by my glorious men, in one charge the battle line was broken and all the units bar one broke and attempted to run from the battle line.
I ran through the gorger with my sword and turned to face the battle.

But the ogres are not without some leaders as the leadbelchers both rallied as well as a mass unit of gnoblars. however the other unit showed no signs of stopping running off into the distance. I turned Juliet and flew her behind the bulls and gnoblars whilst the pegusi knights charged the ledbelchers with the grail knights readying to counter charge.

Prince Justin turned his knights of the realm readying to charge the leadbelchers trying to get revenge for the slaying of the yeoman.
The pegusi did their job well and the cannon carrying ogres were slain.
The other two had reloaded their cannons but in their haste one of them had his facing the wrong way and promptly blew off his own head. The other decided this was a good time to start legging it.

The gnoblars started to flee in terror from me and were run down by the errants whilst in my confidence I charged the bulls. but my sword got stuck in one of their clubs and it was all juliet and i could do to retrieve it.
We decided to give ground and thats where my tack gave way, i would have been ogre meat as well if it wasnt for the errants being in the way and the bulls charged into the side of their lance. They gave a good fight though and the bulls lost the will to fight and were run down.

Prince Justin charged down slaying the other cannon ogre.

Then the pegusi and errants spied another gorger lurking near the woods, he dodged out of the charge of the pegusi but the errants could see him well enough and in a last charge cut the beast down.
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5975

Sacre Bleu, c'était Juliet étroit a été blessé mais toujours les vies et sera de nouveau à la forme bientôt, Merde.

I had to walk juliet from the feild back to our camp were the peasents were making good or war camp. I hope my army performs this well for the rest of the campaign. For with the luck of the lady this island will be ours.

Hurrah for the Naval Alliance.

I have to appologise for Grotsmeg's awful "bablefish-french"!

Last edited by WarbossKurgan on Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 13:31

CRAB RIDERS! YOU HAVE CRAB RIDERS!? OH BABY! cheers thumbsup

I don't suppose you'd have any photos of them that you COULD post, yer Adm'rulship Sir [a bit of grovelling thrown in here Suspect ]?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 13:35

DeafNala wrote:
I don't suppose you'd have any photos of them that you COULD post, yer Adm'rulship Sir [a bit of grovelling thrown in here Suspect]?

I second that request!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 16:53

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 17:22

What an ABSOLUTELY COOL IDEA! They ARE GREAT, IMAGINATIVE, AND extremely WELL DONE! AT LAST, something to do with those Skull Pass Spiders! cheers

Thanks mucho, Saul! You ARE a FANTASTIC source of inspiration AND a FINE FELLOW! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 17:27

22nd September, the year Eight.

Landfall

The Ironfang Fleet lay at anchor in Dogfish Cove as swarms of small craft plied to and fro between them and the shore. On the beach there were piles of all sorts of stores: crates of live Squigs; barrels of salted Squig meat, water, rum and black powder; stacks of cannonballs; sacks of food, coils of rope, bundles of spars and various other flotsam and jetsam. Orcs watched as Goblins toiled to unload the boats and carry the supplies above the high-tide line.

In the bay three cannon were being lowered over the side of the Cleavermaw, with a complex arrangement of ropes and pulleys and an awful lot of angry shouting, into a heavy launch. One cannon slipped in its bindings and twisted unexpectedly, swung wildly for a moment and crushed a Goblin against the side of the ship; the mood of the sweating Orc crews improved perceptibly as the Grot's blood ran down the hull and into the otherwise crystal-clear waters.

After a final glance around the stacks of equipment to make sure everything was as it should be Kap'n Rukbadruk strode up the beach to where Adm'rul Kurgan stood on a flat rock, in the shade of the palm trees.

"We have almost everything we'll need ashore now Boss and the Halibuteer has just rounded the headland" said Rukbadruk.

"Good. As soon as this is over I want a word with Kap'n Hadduk." said the Adm'rul, in a slightly distracted tone as he stared up the cliff above them. On the far side of the high ground was the old Fortress of the Pirate King, abandoned for over a year since the last Pirate King fled the island.

Kurgan didn't notice Rukbadruk conceal a smile as he said "No news from Kommodore Deffgit yet…" in an almost disinterested way.

"It don't signify - Deffgit knows what he's about. Any how, there's a more pressing matter afoot: We have to get the guns up there." said Kurgan pointing to the cliff-top.

Rukbadruk scowled and paced off down the beach, hurling abuse at the nearest Orcs.

~ ~ ~

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5977

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5978

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5979

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5980

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5981

Still in a foul mood, the surly Kap'n smacked his first mate on the back of the head in frustration. The wind up on top of the cliffs buffeted the Orcs and whipped their black banners about noisily, so the Kap'ns of each pirate crew had to shout to make themselves heard.
Ahead of the Orcs, by the opposite corner of the fortress' wall their stood an array of evil-looking Ogres. Their red, blue and yellow clothing and banners seemed covered with magical symbols and writings that seemed to writhe and squirm as you looked at it, making the viewer uncomfortable and often nauseous. Luckily the Orcs spent very little time reading anything.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5982

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5983

Once the initial squabblings of the Wolf Riders had been resolved, Broadside the Giant and the two small units of Goblin cavalry advanced together in a rough line. The Spider-crab Riders were immediately pelted by Gnoblar Trappers hidden in the woods they had been about to ride through. The Spiders charged the Gnoblars but they were slaughtered!

Broadside and the Goblin Highwaymen Wolf Riders were charged by the Ogre Tyrant and a number of Ogre Bulls, the Highwaymen fell back to the hill behind them (they paused for a moment but the fled the battlefield shortly after), leaving the Giant to deal with the hulking brutes. Broadside was not so lucky: the massive Tyrant Ikrim Elfeater swung his vast Tenderiser and the Giant went down.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5985

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5984

The Pirate's looted cannons failed to cause much damage – the one to port exploded, the crew of the one to the rear were slaughtered when a Gorger appeared from behind the Pirate's lines and the starboard gun team were killed by the victorious Tyrant and his Bulls.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5986

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5987

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5988

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5989

Kurgan challenged an Ogre Butcher to single combat and the old Orc held his ground as the Hogwashas were surrounded and cut down around him, but even this heroic last effort was for nothing and the entire company of Pirates was soon thrown out of the Fortress and fled back to their boats in disarray.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5991

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6005

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6006
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 17:57

THAT IS THE WAY A BATTLE REPORT SHOULD BE PRESENTED! thumbsup

White Dwarf COULD VERY WELL take note. NO colored arrows covering the scene, NO pictures of Adam Troke doing his Village Idiot imitation, AND lots of up-close photos with descriptive text interspersed between shots.

Nice to see you got to use the store terrain; even in a semifinished state it's beautiful stuff.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008 - 20:32

Thanks Nala! pirat

Re: Store terrain. It's hard to believe but its actually finished (and there's lots more of it too!). It looked amazing just before Games Day, then they decided to add the awful snow effect and runied it all. Sad
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 10:52

Gordo Ram's-Eye and his Halfling Catering Corps

zelophahad wrote:
Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6007

Played my first game in the campaign this Luncheim against Saul’s Komodore Defgit and the Ogresuns. Thanks to me rolling the Surprise scenario and making Saul defend, I won. It’s very exciting playing halflings because they’re so flipping weedy (most models at S2 and T2… and S3 and T3 are the max they can get to!). But they’re not bad shooters. Actually, my halfling warrior (Leon the Pig Farmer) turned out to be a pretty mean fighter too, taking out two orcs in combat and having another stunned at his feet when the Ogresuns routed!

But generally, playing with halflings seems to be all about shooting, running and hiding! Laughing Razz Also, I managed to loose only heroes, and apart from Gordo, it was only henchmen who took out enemies! That’s the wrong way around! Sad

Here’s the progress report from the after-battle sequence:

Heroes

Gordo Ram’s-Eye (Halfling Elder) - bow, hunting arrows, sword, buckler, helmet, dagger; leader
Arrow shot a goblin;+1A

Chef ‘Aims-Low’ Haricot (Halfling Cook) - pairing knife, cleaver, tenderiser; master chef
Arrow taken out by Badhook; leg wound; gained ‘crude belch’ skill (failed to cook his 'master meal')

Faygin Bolger (Halfling Thief) - two daggers, crossbow pistol, rope & hook; infiltrator, pick locks, cutpurse
Arrow taken out when charged by 3 goblins; full recovery (but couldn’t use cutpurse skill because taken out of action)

Bill (Halfling Youth) - hammer, dagger, bow
Ted (Halfling Youth) - hammer, dagger, bow
Arrow Bill and Ted had an excellent adventure running away from orcs, although Bill failed a climb and would have been charged if Saul hadn’t bottled! +1I for Bill (which he clearly needs!); +1S for Ted.

Henchmen

2 Fighting Cocks (Halfling Scouts) - bows, hunting arrows, daggers
Arrow shot an orc boy, a goblin, Barnacle Nog and even Komodore Defgit himself (who technically died although Saul has plans…)!; +1A

1 Bull’s Head (Halfling Scout) - bow, dagger
Arrow shot an orc boy and a goblin; +1I

1 Rampant Lion (Halfling Warrior) - sword, hammer, dagger
Arrow HALFLING OF THE GAME took out Fishgutz and Salty Ogbag in combat; +1I

Nothing exciting found in exploration.
Hired another Bull’s Head (Flighting Cocks are soooo expensive with those hunting arrows!) and two piggies.

Revised warband rating = 110

Fluff will follow...

Pics added to Grotsmegs report a few posts up too!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 11:12

zelophahad wrote:
...and even Komodore Defgit himself (who technically died although Saul has plans…)

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 40268 Rukbadruk will rejoiyce... And even if Defgit will survive eventually, it's quite emberassing for a fearsome Orc leader (well, for every Orc, actually) to be taken out of action by a halfling, isn't it? Wink
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 12:46

Eliazar wrote:
zelophahad wrote:
...and even Komodore Defgit himself (who technically died although Saul has plans…)

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 40268 Rukbadruk will rejoiyce... And even if Defgit will survive eventually, it's quite emberassing for a fearsome Orc leader (well, for every Orc, actually) to be taken out of action by a halfling, isn't it? Wink

You have NO idea..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 13:18

You HAVE my deepest condolences, Saul, on this PITIFUL loss. I won't even mention that this is NO way to maintain your position as my hero OR that losing to a six year old blind girl is the ONLY thing I can think of that's WORSE than losing to a hand full of PINT SIZED PERVERTS. Suspect

YOU NEED NEW DICE, preferrably one's that aren't Cursed OR Daemonically Possessed. Karate
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 16:00

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Nethrag wrote:
cool pics - did the one of the gorger in the fort gateway not come out? Was looking forward to seeing that one Smile
I took waaaay too many pictures I think - there are loads I didn't use. Here's a few more though:

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5993

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5994

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM5995

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6001

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6003

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6004

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6005

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6006
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 16:57

OH WOW! COOL PICS! affraid

The interior view of the Fortress/City Walls & the Defense of the Gun are REALLY good. I hadn't realized JUST how nicely detailed the store structures were. I tend to go through your posts several times; the first time through is to read the story, & subsequent visits ARE to stare at the LOVELY photos. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
zelophahad
Knight
Knight
zelophahad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 18:50

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Eliazar wrote:
zelophahad wrote:

You have NO idea..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

tongue :gloat: Wink
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 11:24

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6008

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6010

23rd September, the year Eight.

Bilge-rats and Drivelswiggers!

"Whassat?" shouted Kommodore Deffgit from the attic of the Pie Shop, cupping a hand to his ear.

"I said they rest of the company are on their way but there is another group between us and them Boss!" called Barnalce Nog from the two-story house near-by. "I seen something moving a minute ago but I lost it"

Deffgit nodded and turned to look out of the glassless window behind him as three arrows arced through the air towards him. Two yellow-feathered hunting arrows struck him in the back, each with a nauseating "thunk!" and the Kommodore toppled forwards through the window and disappeared from Nog's sight. The burly first mate was about to shout as he saw the old Orc fall but more arrows thudded into his arm and thigh.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6011

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6013

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6014

~ ~ ~

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6017

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6018

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6019

Salty Ogbad and both the Starboard and the Larboard Watches turned up right behind the Wall Tavern, where the Halflings were lurking, one of the Larboard Watch charged the Halfling Chef and kicked him hard in the belly – the Chef passed out.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6015

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6016

Wyrdtoof and the Kabin Grotz came through the walled garden and surprised the Halfling Thief who was hiding in the gateway. The Thief legged-it but was pursued by the Grotz who, sprinting forwards with a surprising turn of speed in a bid to prove themselves to the rest of the Ogresuns, caught up with him and cut him down as he ran...

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6020

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6021

From across the street two Halfling archers cried out in anger at seeing this. In cold revenge the Halfling shot down all the Grotz except Walker Plank who had stayed in the walled garden ranting and raving about the unfairness of their Orc overlords! Wyrdtoof crept up to the corner of the Tavern and tried to concentrate on firey death for Halflings, but with the distraction of Walker's diatribe his magic failed to do any harm at all.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6022

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6023

The Larboard Watch chased a couple of Halflings into the Pie Shop; one escaped with his pig through a small crack high up in the wall then fired on the Larboard Watch through the smaller arch of the Walled Tavern. The other stood quivering in fear as the Orcs closed in on him.

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6024

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6025

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6026

Fishgutz charged a Halfling Warrior but stumbled at the last moment – the Halfling was quick to take advantage of the clumsy oaf and knocked Fishgutz on the head, then filled with notions of his own bravery and élan he charged Salty Ogbad. The Orc Big'Un was about to run up the stairs to get to the Halflings up in the Wall Tavern, and the Halfling took him down with a swift stab in the back of the knees!

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6027

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 HPIM6028

Wyrdtoof realised they had pushed their luck too far with these surprisingly vicious and vindictive little buggers. It was time to save their fallen shipmates from the possibility of spiteful daggers administered to their defenceless unconscious bodies.

He shouted the order to fall back twice to the incredulous Ogresuns – none of them could quite believe what had happened.

~ ~ ~

"Where's the Boss?" said Salty Ogbad to Barnacle Nog.
"He's not with you? I wasn't in much of a state to keep an eye on him." said Nog.
"Bugger" said Ogbad.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 11:30

At first I thought "Have they lost again?!" but then the thought struck me that this might have been the report of Defgit's embarassing defeat Wink

As always a great read, to bad all photobucket etc. pics are banned on my work computer, so I have to wait until I get home to have a look at them (and I'm sure I'll like it)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 11:59

A TRULY Tragic turn of event, although a GOOD read. Does the Halfling version of the battle count as a Short Story [groan Suspect ]?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 15:32

Nethrag wrote:
Ikrim strode through the pirate kings cellars with barely contained rage, row upon row of empty shelves and cupboards stared back at him. With no pirate king present on the island, it appeared the local populace had become brave and had gotten here a long time before him.

A group of gnoblars entered the cellars and started arguing in hushed voices in a corner. Ikrim made a beeline straight for them. As they saw the approaching tyrant the argument became more urgent, arms flailing around and pointing, fists clenched raised in threat. Then silence fell as the shadow of the overtyrant fell upon them and he stoof there growling...

"WHAT!!!!"

The smallest gnoblar of the group was kicked in the back, sending him stumbling forwards infront of Ikrim. Remaining on his knees he slowly scanned up the tyrants body, he was arching his back by the time he passed the waist and nearly fell over backwards when he reached Ikrim's beaked head.
Ikrim pierced the tniy gnoblar with his stare,
"if the next words out of your worthless hide fail to please me then I shall give you to the gorger to pick its teeth with"

The gnoblar fell prostrate and snivelled.

"please oh great fat one, don't hurt meees. We was in the city and we overheard of this great water beastie that lives in a lake not far from here and we was rememberin we did, we's good at rememberin we are, of how much you liked that ovver wun and we was thinkin maby you wuld like to go eat this wun too? thankyou please thankyou...."

Ikrim stared down at the gnoblar for what seemed like an age, the unfortunate gnoblar growing more and more nervous with every passing second. Suddenly Ikrim bent down and snatche the gnoblar up. It soiled itself thinking it was meeting the end of most of its kind and instinctively shut its eyes. Then it heard the most blessed sound it had ever heard.

"hur hur hurr"

It slowly relaxed and risked opening its eyes.

"Good gnobbie" beamed the tyrant "you shall be my new favorite, I shall call you squishy"

A look of relief and uncertain gratitude passed across "squishy" face. To be the tyrants pet was the highest status a gnoblar could hold, no more being picked on (well, not as much). The only thing that worried him somewhat was the choice his master had made over naming him, squishy sounded rather....terminal.

After a few days of ordering the defences of the fortress of the pirate king, the tribe was on its way to the volcanic lake. Squishy was just praying that the rumours of the sea beast were true...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played a Kill point game against Hugh's pope led flagellant empire band. A couple of cannons on either flank made an absolute mess of my centre demolishing two units in the first turn and the ogres were certainly behind at the start of the game. Tyrants unit got charged by the waralter, I was all ready to refuse the challange and let some ironguts have a go at it instead but the 3 hits on the unit all wounded so there was no-where to refuse to anymore and so he was forced into accepting. Thanks to an earlier 2 dice failed attempt to dispel a 4+ priest spell the pope had rerolls to hit and wound on. All hit and all wounded (ouch!) but thankfully I passed 2 of the 5+ ward saves and stayed alive taking 4 wounds. Then it was my turn to get a bit lucky as the tyrant hit back with 2 attacks and the pope failed both 4+ ward saves ending up in 4 wounds from the tenderiser.
In the next turn I put some leadbelchers into its flank so as to be able to overrun and hit the flagellants in the flank after (to save the tyrants unit from flaily death). This worked to the extent that the belchers won the first round however disaster in the next round meant they fled and the flagellants went into the tyrant unt anyway finishing him off but failing to catch the fleeing ironguts.
Gorgers eventually took care of both cannons.
His IC knights kept on backing away from the other IG's and now the pope was dead eventually the butchers saw they off in a combination of panic and 2d6 S2 no armour save hits.

Some good flee and rallys meant I was able to claw back a win after some big initial setbacks.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 15:35

Eliazar wrote:
At first I thought "Have they lost again?!" but then the thought struck me that this might have been the report of Defgit's embarassing defeat Wink
Quite so. This was my 2nd game of Mordheim in the campaign so far - it took me a while to write it up as I've been busy at work.
Rolling Eyes

@Nala: Groan! Razz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 15:40

It ain't EASY being SMALL & GREEN! EXCELLENT FLUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)   Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sartosa 3: Pieces Of Eight (Flame On Campaign 2008)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next