Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rancid's Painting Desk

Go down 
+10
Pyyr
matt
Ashton
Da Bank
Hawkeye
Tagnator
DeafNala
Stinka
cianty
Rancid
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 22:06

That's fabulous. Where did you learn how to do nmm? You use a very dark contrast color for your base, and I think it looks perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 22:23

Really good!
I think silver NMM is really better than the last.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Rancid
Champion
Champion
Rancid

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 22:43

Ashton wrote:
That's fabulous. Where did you learn how to do nmm? You use a very dark contrast color for your base, and I think it looks perfect.

hmm I studied a lot of tutorials on the world wide web and recently I've been to a german pro painter website, with very good explainations (unfortunetly only in german, but with many pictures. If you want to check out: http://www.maxpaint.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2660&garpg=5#content_start and this one http://www.maxpaint.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2660&garpg=6#content_start)
Back to top Go down
http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008 - 0:03

Thanks a million for the links. You got me rambling through the Search engines for NMM lol
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008 - 11:02

EXCELLENT Witch Hunter! I didn't realize JUST how well done that mini was until I saw your FINE work. Great coice of colors, AND VERY well executed. BRAVO!thumbsup

AS an aside, Dark Son Design has two excellent painting guides out. The first one has a great guide to doing NMM. www.darksondesigns.com
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008 - 14:48

Very, very nice witch-hunters - beautifully smooth painting on both, but in particular on the witch hunter captain. Nice minis too. I'm really looking forward to more of these guys. Nice colour scheme, nice natural tones - brilliant!
Back to top Go down
bigoriginal
Champion
Champion
bigoriginal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 4:01

Could you provide a link or just tell me where you got the dogs? I only have the one warhound that came with the witch hunter box and he's lonely

Alex
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 19:20

Dude! Easy on the Necromancy. You could just PM these folks with a question like this one.
Especially in a case where the poster has not visited the site since October of last year. If you're unsure about getting a response from and old post like this one, you can just click on the poster's name and it will tell you when they last visited the forum. If it is a recent date, then you can expect a response.
When you exhume a corpse like this other members expect to see some new work and get excited, then they visit the thread and are disappointed to find a comment that he original poster may never see.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 19:42

...but have NO FEAR; DeafNala is here! The minis in question are from Reaper:
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/dogs . [swirls cape, trips over hem] Suspect
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 19:47

Deaf just proved a point I was going to make: especially in a case where the poster hasn't been around for a longer time, making a post is more likely to get you an answer to your question where a PM would just rot in the inbox. Personally, I don't mind other people necromancing old threads to post questions or praise. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 7:39

My bad fellas. I'm not a mod, or trying to be. I just noticed a trend and got a bit disappointed when I saw no new work from Rancid.
Apologies Big. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 12:54

UnderBheit wrote:
My bad fellas. I'm not a mod, or trying to be. I just noticed a trend and got a bit disappointed when I saw no new work from Rancid.
Apologies Big. Embarassed

No big deal. I totally understand where you're coming from. I didn't mean to speak as a Mod.. There is no forum policy regarding necroing old threads. I just wanted to say that personally I see good reasons to post questions in even old threads. I know most other forums don't like this behaviour but that doesn't mean we have to adopt that attitude - not as long as we find reasons to do otherwise.

Anyways, every member is always encouraged to voice their opinion, so no need to apologize for that, UnderBheit. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
conan the ballbearing
Veteran
Veteran
conan the ballbearing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 13:47

Welli'm glad someone did revive this old popst as i would not have had a chance to see such fine workmanship, shame the dude in question no longer posts
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 23:17

Seriously, some great painting. Come back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rancid's Painting Desk   Rancid's Painting Desk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rancid's Painting Desk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2