Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...

Go down 
+16
NoisyAssassin
Luddite
Grimscull
theomar pius
Powerposey
Vagabond
floedebolle
izmerul
eBadger
JoaoS
Etrigan001
Novogord
Zab
DeafNala
Von Kurst
mikeyc222
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:17

mikeyc222 wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
The door is my favorite bit of debris.
and it was super easy too. best kind of debris! Smile

Cool & easy are a GREAT combination, eh?!  clown
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 5:45

well, I haven't posted in a while. I got sidetracked with being a dad and life in general, and haven't touched a piece of terrain in weeks. well, I decided to change that tonight and to see what I could get done on my big statue. and... I think I'm mostly done at this point. I might go back and maybe add some graffiti or something... maybe try to whip up a couple of wanted posters or something, but I think it's mostly done at this point.
sorry for the slightly blurry pics. I accidentally destroyed my good camera a few weeks ago and taking pics with the ipad is a bit meh...

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_0019

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_0020

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_0021

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_0022

I tried to make it weathered. nice and dirty... doesn't completely come out in the pics though. maybe i'll take some more out in the sun tomorrow...
let me know what you guys think. any suggestions?
thanks
Back to top Go down
http://mikeyc222.wordpress.com/
Etrigan001
Veteran
Veteran
Etrigan001

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 7:56

I think this turned out very well! It will be a great addition to any game board.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:30

The Morheim Angel turned out SPLENDIDLY...scarred, battle damage yet with a sweet expression that shows she doesn't fully appreciate the situation. The barricade & debris around the base are a FINE touch.  VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup 

Enjoy being a Dad; children grow up very quickly...damned inconsiderate of them.  Sad clown
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 16:16

Thanks guys. It was fun to make. I might try with an Assassin's Creed action figure next. They're a little smaller, but not every statue needs to be ginormous. The look would be close enough though.
Looking at the piece, I do need to add some more weathering to the base, but I'll get to that in the next few days.
On a side note, does anyone know a good place online to download some Mordheim appropriate signage? I spose I could always make some, but if there's a place where it's already available...
Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 20:15

Lovely clutter and weathering!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 3:58

added a little more weathering tonight, pretty much all on the base. also gave all the metal bits a nice rust wash. didn't want things looking too pretty since this is Mordheim after all. Smile
pics are a little better tonight... used the iphone instead of the ipad... hoping to get a new DSLR in the new year.

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1181b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1182b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1183b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1184b

maybe during the holiday I can get a "table" shot... puny though it might be. need more buildings. Smile

also, since I realized that I had never posted any before now, here are a couple of close ups of some of the clutter and details...

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1185b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1186b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1188b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1189b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1187b
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 4:26

VERY NICE! The additional weathering makes a definite though subtle difference. With scenery, especially large pieces, there is always some little thing that can be done...usually it's an improvement.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 21:14

Veeeery nice! The thing with big terrain, especially one that can contain clutter, you can't do any wrong by adding loads of junk and vegetation to it. It will always look great!

Joao
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 0:50

thanks for the kind words guys. I have really enjoyed sharing this project with everyone.

I managed to get home today before the sun went down so I took a few shots on the back porch in natural light of my current, very tiny City of the Damned. I think that the size of the statue really worked out for the visual I was hoping for. it really towers over everything and I like to make my buildings tall. can't wait to actually play a game with it...

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Dsc01164b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Dsc01165b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Dsc01166b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Dsc01170b
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:06

I'm glad you got home early...the Town looks WONDERFUL & the Tall Statue works SPLENDIDLY with the existing Oh-So-Cool Buildings. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:08

That town looks amazing indeed!

Joao
Back to top Go down
eBadger
Youngblood
Youngblood
eBadger

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 2:04

Incredibly awesome and well done, I really love the effect of a nice high statue. How is it during play?
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 4:45

Thanks guys! I know there are a lot of things that I could do better, but I'm always learning, and most importantly, enjoying the projects. Glad I found this forum to exchange ideas with other Mordheim fans. Smile

eBadger wrote:
How is it during play?  
My group is in between campaigns right now, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get a chance to try it.
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013 - 22:31

so now that my Statue of the Damned is finally done, time to move on to other things. first up is a trio of buildings that will use my new modular bridge system. they range in sizes from a very small 2 floor piece of a building, to a 5 floor guard tower. below are the 3 buildings in roughed out form.

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1198b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1199b

I hope to make all my future buildings using the modular bridge idea for far greater flexibility in changing the battle field.
a couple of these buildings also use lego building windows... which I totally stole from someone else here, but I can't remember who to credit them with the idea. they work GREAT though. Smile

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1192b
Back to top Go down
izmerul
Veteran
Veteran
izmerul

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013 - 23:32

thumbsup 

very cool town! the statue looks lovely in the middle. And lego windows are great ... nothing wrong with stealing ideas, I believe that's what ideas are for ...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Dec 2013 - 0:05

The new additions look SPLENDID, especially the tall building...I have a thing about tall structures & duels on rickety walkways high above the unforgiving cobblestones. Keep up the GREAT WORK!  thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 15:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Dec 2013 - 15:04

Wow, great looking terrain, thanks for sharing!
I would never had thought that this big Angel is turning out that good, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Dec 2013 - 23:29

thanks for the kind words everyone. I had never shown my work to anyone except others in my gaming group... none of which make terrain. Smile
it is nice to get such kind words from others who produce terrain that I really admire so much.
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:20

been a while since I've had anything to show, but I just finished up (mostly) a few pieces, so it's time for a little display. I made a trio of buildings to experiment with my modular bridge idea. one very small piece, a longer, three story piece, and a five story guard tower. I ran into problems making the mount for the small piece because I found that I needed a flat, level wall underneath the mount to support everything, so that piece didn't end up being a part of the modular system, but the other two buildings worked great.
first up, a shot of all three buildings with out bridges or balconies.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1250b

next is the guard tower with the balconies attached. one is whole, one is just a small piece. the second balcony is a little hard to see. it's above and to the right of the one in front. I wanted to make several different balcony options. all balconies can fit onto any of the buildings.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1252b

next is a side shot of the guard tower.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1253b

here is a straight on shot of the three story building. it's balcony is also a partially destroyed piece.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1256b

and here are the two buildings with the balconies removed, and a bridge in place between the two.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1264b

the tabs on the end of the bridge fit quite snuggly into the slots on the mounts on both ends. sorry for the blurry pictures.
mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1265b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1266b

I'm really quite proud of how it turned out. only time, and games played will tell if my rudimentary engineering holds up. Smile
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:28

here are a couple of close ups of the balconies...

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1267b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1268b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1269b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1270b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1271b

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Img_1272b
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:33

Looking great mate! I really like the time you have put into your walkways and balconies. I hope it pays off during play.
Back to top Go down
mikeyc222
Veteran
Veteran
mikeyc222

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:38

thanks! I really hope it pays off too, and doesn't break the first time it gets used. lol
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:48

The pieces look SPLENDID & the walkway looks sturdy enough to withstand the attentions of all but the clumsiest of gamers. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jan 2014 - 20:12

Lovely stuff! Particularly the small details like the nails on the woodwork and the Lego windows (they worked really nicely).

Joao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...   mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mikeyc222's BIG @$$ Statue of the Damned and other things...
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next