Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The cult of the shattered shield

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:36

EXCELLENT WORK! Your pieces get better with each post...keep posting. The Stirgoi Guy looks SPLENDID in his new role.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2013 - 3:13

Wow. I thought the new 40K Darksoul was maybe as big as the Brutes from Carnival of Chaos when I saw him by himself, but he fits right in with the classic guys. Great update thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
G-or-G
Hero
Hero
G-or-G

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2013 - 14:56

Darksoul with 2 handed weapon conversion is fantastic! It's perfect for carnival heroes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldhammer.es/
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2013 - 17:36

Von Kurst wrote:
Wow. I thought the new 40K Darksoul was maybe as big as the Brutes from Carnival of Chaos when I saw him by himself, but he fits right in with the classic guys.  Great update thumbsup 
G-or-G wrote:
Darksoul with 2 handed weapon conversion is fantastic! It's perfect for carnival heroes!
The carnival of chaos was what it reminded me of too, which is why I'm kinda disappointed at how the paintjob turned out (it's a cool model, after all). But then again, I'll probably try to redo it sometime in the far future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 13:26

Thanks a lot for the kind comments, everyone! I have some more updates today:

My warband is now only two or three models away from completion! I'm currently working on two brethren with mace and bow, both converted flagellants. I doubt that I'll be able to win the auction for the third possessed model, but since I already have two possessed it's not that big a deal anymore.

I've recently acquired the Mordheim rulebook for only €2,35! Although the pdf version is online anyway, all the background stories and drawings make it totally worth it!

Also, I've finished four more models, the four beastmen of my warband. As if gors weren't scary enough, the models I use are a bestigor command squad and a khorngor champion. But without further ado, I present you: the Braying Brethren.
Nobody really knows where the Braying Brethren came from. The first appeared a few days after the warband was formed. Holst stepped out of his tent and found himself standing face-to-face (more like face-to-chest anyway) with a massive beastman. He just stood there, as if waiting for something to happen. When Holst cautiously backed away, the beastman simply followed him, never showing any intent to attack, nor to leave. This went on for the rest of the day, until in the evening Holst and the beastman were caught apart from the rest of the warband by a small band of skaven. A blur of steel later, four skaven corpses lay on the floor and the rest of the band was scurrying back into the shadows. That night the beastman vanished into the shadows. The next morning, when his absence was first noticed, the band found that two other beastmen had come to take his place. This process is still going on until present day, beastmen coming in ones or twos, staying with the warband for different periods of time, sometimes hours, sometimes weeks, before leaving unannounced. While the number of beastmen differs constantly, the warband is glad for their presence when a skirmish is to be fought, as they are always at the forefront of the fight in a steel wave of destruction.
In gaming terms, we have the special rule that before each battle if my warband numbers at least one (non-hero) beastman, I roll a D3. A 1 means I have one beastman less, and a 3 means I have one beastman more. For beastmen heroes, a D6 roll of 1 means they don't take part in the battle.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220021
Khorngor hero with two axes. Although all models are technically way too armoured for Mordheim, it gives them that look of scaryness they deserve.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220022
Bestigor champion with two-handed weapon. Part-time hero, together with the Khorngor. Should I want my talented beastmen to have two hand weapons instead, he is demoted to a regular beastman again.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220023
Bestigor standard bearer with axe and sword. Likely the least armoured beastman I have, still covered head to hooves in armour. Replaced the banner with the top of an empire halberd.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220024
Bestigor musician with great weapon or halberd (or axe and club even).
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220025
Group shot.

Next up: two brethren with bows.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 14:33

Nice work on the Beasts. They are pretty heavily armored but if your warband becomes rich you can equip them with heavy armor...Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 15:28

The Beasty Boys look TERRIFIC. Your constantly-improving-brushwork & color choice worked magic with the old minis. GREAT WORK! thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 16:24

Hi everyone!

This is likely my last update of this topic, or at least the last one in a very long time.
My warband now numbers 22 fully painted members, ready to venture into the depths of the cursed city! Here are the last two members of the chaos-worshipping rabble: the outcasts.
As the Empire has its laws and rules, so too do the cults of Chaos have rules to abide by. Failure to do so often results in a very unpleasant death on a sacrificial altar, yet for some minor crimes the cultists can be cast out of the cult instead, forcing them to make a life for themselves in the wilderness, as neither the good civilians nor the cults want them back. Since the comet crashed into Mordheim, however, cult recruiting has become less and less picky, and these outcasts often find a new employer quickly.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220026
Converted flagellant. Quiver is from the tomb king warrior boxed set. Most of my weapons come from either the flagellant or the tomb king box, as they both contain the most 'neutral-looking' weapons. The bows, however, come from the wood elf glade guard kit, as those were the only left-handed bows I had. They don't look out of place, though.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220027
Another converted flagellant. My brother put them together years ago, so I had to pick the two most Mordheim-ish models, instead of simply building them. I only discovered that they both had the same bodies after I was done converting.
The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 P1220028
Group shot of the two outcasts. I don't really have a lot of rangers in my warband, so maybe I'll make some more somewhere in the future. And hey, they're possessed after all. Who needs bows? Very Happy

And thus my warband is complete! I made some more group shots, they can be found in the 'miniatures' section. Also, I want to thank everyone for the kind comments, inspiring me to keep on painting until the band was complete. Thanks everyone! I made some more group shots, they can be found in the 'miniatures' section.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 17:25

Your Finale is GRAND! The last Cultist look SPLENDID; the Flagellants look much better as actual Evil Doers...as oppose to the inadvertent variety. VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cult of the shattered shield   The cult of the shattered shield - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The cult of the shattered shield
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2