Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Furok

Furok

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Empty
PostSubject: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 14:43

Hello TBMF community.

I'm teamleader of GRIM AGE project. In past his name was Warhammer - GRIM AGE. We replace word "warhammer" a few mounths ago to avoid issues with GW in future. But project based on Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

You can read about it on ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/mods/grim-age-skirmish
Or on Talewords - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133702.0.html

Shortly about project for peoples who have no time to read too much.
First of all our project is non-commercial modification with total conversion for game called Mount&Blade Warband based on Warhamer Fantasy universe.
Mod separated by two products:
GRIM AGE - Skirmish - Submod for multiplayer game, which will be published the first, is not demand such huge quantity of job. Relese planned in this year.
GRIM AGE - Ostland Campaign - Singleplayer mod. Main and originally intended target.

There is 3 factions in mod:
Chaos (represented by the minions of the Dark Gods of Chaos, Khorne and Nurgle)
The Empire (represented by Ostland only)
Kislev

If you want additional info - read it on main pages by the link.

What we need here?
We close to release and now my work as 3D Artist and project manager is architecture of the Empire. Mostly provincial and village like, not capitals.

I need good and detailed maps. Map as scheme.
Format have no matter.
It can be B&W drawning, or painted plan with enough details.
It can be photo of existing or maded village or city

We have 5 Game Modes:
Game Modes:
1. The Siege.
The small imperial town was attacked by warband of Chaos Marauders, which are planning to break barricades and cut out all of its inhabitants. Imperial soldiers have an access to bonus weapons and armor. Respawn of Chaos players is limited, respawn of Imperial players is infinite.

2. Necromancer's Attack.
Players must protect an imperial village from huge waves of the undead, that became stronger every next wave, minor-bosses and the final boss - the necromancer. Defenders have a chance to pick up bonus weapons and ammunition after every attack.

3. Ambush.
A gang of Marauders and Raiders of Chaos assaulting the Imperial troops, which is going through the forest. The main task of Imperials - to support the Imperial Captain survive and bring him to the end of road.

4. Battle.
Common Deathmatch side to side with some bonus weapons and ammunition for killed enemies.

5. Duel.Chance to decide who is better.

Now I'm busy with making map for SIEGE game mode.

I will return and give add info about requirements soon.

Back to top Go down
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 16:24

If you need a map, you should ask this guy

GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Close
Back to top Go down
Furok

Furok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 18:49

I'm here.
Apparently my english is terrible and I need to explain what I need.Sad 

I need a plan of sity/village to make it later in 3d.
Now I painting buildings who will be in city and I will choose positions for them all to have a city with neighborhoods.
Here crude example
GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers M_20130728-td2j-48kb

Here my painted buildings(no too much)
GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers M_20130728-vip2-88kb

So in final I need detailed plan of little city with near neighborhoods(100-200 meters).

I will prepare detailed description how village/little city must look like and what must have.

Game mod is defending this fortified in haste village by empire soldiers and villagers(bots)
Back to top Go down
Furok

Furok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 15:34

Here the description.

Map of "The Siege"

A large village in the forests of Ostland.
Shape of map - a large square in the center of which lies the village.
The area of ​​the village covers about 20-30% of the map.
The village is surrounded by forest. The distance from the walls to the forest is about 200 meters.
The village has a wooden wall. In the village there are 2 entrances through the wall.
Through the main gate (well fortified), and through the back gate (weaker protection)
Also Chaos heavy infantry can destroy two weak places in the dilapidated (old/degrading) part of the wall.
The village knew about the attack in advance, so it is strengthening the defences with destructible barricades.
Barricades are made up of drums, wheels, wagons, vans, bags, stakes, which are dug into the ground with other makeshift fortifications.
The streets are barricaded so that the center of the village is difficult to walk to in a straight path so attacking it will be like a maze.
Some of the buildings in the village are made of wood and a small portion of a stone base.
In the village there is a:
Smithy
Stable
Well
Mill
Bakery
A small plaza (village square)
Church
Residential buildings
Simple watchtowers
and others ...

Beyond the walls of the village there is a graveyard.
Part of the surrounding land (20 - 30%) around the village is a bit boggy, mainly around the back gate of the village.
The fenced off backyards of many homes and the entrance to the courtyard can hold a few grunts, and stand in the line of fire.
Bundles of logs and boards are in some places which can be indestructible barricades.
The main road to the village is paved with logs and the main streets running through the village are too.

It is important. The terrain of the village itself is low at the bottom, which gradually hightens with the highest place being in the center, on which the town hall stands.

The windows of the houses are boarded up, as Ostand still recovering from the storm of chaos and the province as a whole is in decline & ruin.

Outside the village there is a field, which occupys about 10-20% of the free space between the walls and the surrounding woodland.

Before the village is a river. It is relatively close to the main gate. There is a wooden bridge spanning the width of the river.
There are also a few fishing huts and boats on the shores and in the river.

The area around the village is moderately hilly.

IMPORTANT! Location plan and village streets should promote good defense and a  interesting and challenging game.
Back to top Go down
Furok

Furok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 0:37

Ok I was start making houses without full plan of city. Hope to arrange them later in good composition.

Haus 1
GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers 3de93b1e1e48c3b603d2c860870fd7a9
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 2:37

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers   GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRIM AGE project looking for help of talented scenemakers
Page 1 of 1