Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest

Go down 
+3
Spectre76
DeafNala
Von Kurst
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 4:13

The Vertically Challenged Psycho is LOOKIN' GOOD...the contrasting color choices are EXCELLENT! GREAT WORK!  thumbsup 
It also reminds me both Capt. John & I have the Slayer Pirates sitting around unpainted...for shame. Sad
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013 - 17:28

Actually I do too. So I gave Rob one. At least one of them got painted! Very Happy 

Cast
Bob--Sartosan Pyrates
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen
Chris--Amazons
playtable--Sartosan Ghost Pyrates
Rob--Lizardmen
Von Kurst--Clan Pestilens

We are having one of those campaigns where choosing random scenarios means we ALL PLAY THE SAME SCENARIO. Crazy. This phenomenon has happened nearly every campaign, but this one is on the third week.affraid 

Fancy Meetin' YOU 'ere! Part I
An inebriated version of Chance Encounter

playtable wrote:
Skinks have 3 shards, Ghosts have 1.
Day time, crowded,
Skinks set up 1st, Ghosts go 1st.
Rolled a 10 on the weather: Heavy Rain.
No black powder, missile weapon range halved, -1M, -1 to hit with missile weapons.

Due to the weather…not much shooting. and no running because of the crowd, most warriors only move 3”…not much goes on for a while.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548bafcb6100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548ba1cb6f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Sharpie, the Cursed LGT crossbowman takes down a skink then has to move to get into range of anything else…he never shoots again.

Ghost’s 2nd turn brings event with 7 guard going after the Ghost’s Captain from Rob’s edge.
They do not get involved until the turn after Rob routs.
Crowd goes wild for 3 turns and knocks down bunches on both sides.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548ba84a5600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548babcb6500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The 2” moving, no black powder dwarf is useless for skinks. As is Marley's blunderbuss on my side.

2 skink heroes climb a tree to shoot…
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548baa4a5400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elvis, screaming ghost, uses his ethereal move to charge one – knocks him out of the tree. Next turn charges the other in the tree and takes him OOA.
The un-treed hero charges a crowd-knocked down goblin swabbie but does not wound.
Goblin stands up and then gets taken OOA.
Same hero then charges another goblin swabbie and takes him OOA. At his shoulder a saurus charges a henchman and takes him OOA.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548ba9cb6700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Squig Face, screaming ghost, uses his ethereal ability to charge one of 2 spear skinks up by the market stall and takes him OOA.
Both un-treed hero and saurus get charged by 2 henchmen each. The hero goes OOA.
Up by the market stall, the 2nd spear skink charges Squig Face as does his priest. The skink priest goes OOA.
Skinks rout.

Post Battle:
Skinks: +1 CP
The skink priest is captrured but is ransomed back for 35gc.
2 skinks die and get captured – 1 becomes part of the crew and one becomes a swabbie
Ghost Pirates: +2 CP
Get to keep their 1 shard and get Skink’s 3 shards.
Of 4 henchmen OOA 3 die. We loose 2 of the 3 Goblin swabbies (that I just painted up yesterday) and a Cursed henchman with 4 exp. and toughened leathers I forgot to use.

With only one surviving hero, Rob makes no money. The Dwarf Slayer Pirate has fought in 4 battles. It has rained heavily in 3 of them (and he got dunked in the ocean in the other...)  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013 - 17:51

Mostly true.  I remember now that Rob rolled a 6 to explore and got 2 shards which netted him 45gc.
He had the 35gc for the ransom in the kitty before he rolled for exploration. 
Although he does have to buy 2 new skinks and pay the upkeep for the dwarf with that 45gc.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013 - 17:53

Oh, and my WFB Long Drong slayer pirates are painted, for all the good it does me.
Gotta make a warband to use them in.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013 - 18:40

As always a COOL report & LOVELY photos of WONDERFUL terrain & minis!  thumbsup 

playtable wrote:
Oh, and my WFB Long Drong slayer pirates are painted, for all the good it does me.
Gotta make a warband to use them in.

I can identify; just about everything I've painted over the last decade has never seen a game. Only the stuff I sell or give away are actually used...at least they're undefeated...kind of.  clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013 - 19:16

playtable wrote:
Although he does have to buy 2 new skinks and pay the upkeep for the dwarf with that 45gc.

And a skink with a short bow costs 25 gc...  So Rob has no money.Very Happy 
At least he got to ransom his skink priest.

Baaaa!
The Amazon scout paused and listened to the distant sound of...sheep, goats perhaps.  It was hard to tell what with the distraction of the motley crowd of the Hairy Face town and the mist.  And the drink.  But the scout was certain that somewhere in this town, someone was herding sheep, or perhaps goats...

Maaaa!  Bwaaaa!

The scout glared at a Hairy Face that got too close.  She clutched her purse closer to her body and lifted the bottle for another drink.  The Hairy Face drink burned like fire, but it was...interesting.

Mwaaaa!

The battle was fought in thick mist, with the addition of a Storm of Chaos event.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548bae4a5000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The crowd rampages as the skirmish heats up.  [The blue counter is a ball of lightning that is stalking the warbands' magic users.  I think I heard it froze the Beast's shaman.]
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548bac4a5200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
Details were sketchy, but I think the out-numbered Babes fled from the Beasties.  

A question arose about the Scourge of the Seas objective.  Ungors had rolled a Lads Got Talent result, which Ungors must re-roll under the Beast's rules.  However, I have added some Pirate skills which Scourge warbands can take if they roll a LGT result with a henchman group. So I extemporized with a 'oh why not?' response to Ungors taking pirate skills.  Ungors with pistols...affraid 

The beasts have an Ungor henchman group with a pirate skill.  A Bestigor gained an Extra Arm mutation.  I recall no casualty reports.

(More to follow...)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 16:50

Fancy Meetin' YOU 'ere! Part III
Also not a sequel, but with Vermin and Scurvy Dogs

The rude crowd parted before the procession of hunched and deformed monks.  Clerics were not a common site in Torktuga, but these monks were obviously odder yet.  Especially the hulking brute who led the way.  No one wanted to stand in his way.  Unlike the pious Sigmarites, these monks looked like the sort that wanted your soul for reasons best not thought of.  Several were obviously drunk, one or two were still taking open pulls on sagging wine-skins.

"Alms!  Alms!  Alms for poor-sad-nasty monks of Bilbous Abbey!" cried a short twisted fellow with an oddly shaped cowl who followed in the wake of the monstrous brute.  Some of the onlookers actually gave coppers to the vile fellows, though the squeaks and growls they got in return did not sound like blessings, let alone thanks.

Priest High Commodore Pustus Pestilus rubbed his paws with greedy glee.  The fool man-things gave tribute!  How appropriate that they should pay to speed their own doom!  The High Council should hear of this.  The possibilities were endless! The Plague Priest held his head high.

Suddenly a familiar voice broke the Priest's concentration.

"Tis them-they-see!  There my Masters, there-there be the vile rat-things!"

That voice!  It was the traitor Snnikk!  Betrayed! Suddenly a shot rang out.  The crowd surged.  Rude hands reached for Pustus.  The Priest bared his fangs and reached for his sword.  Pustus looked for the sheltering bulk of his Pride, but the beast had stepped inside an arcade.  Betrayed!

The Monks of Bilbous Abbey march through the streets.  A sniper shoots the lead monk on the bridge.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548ba3cb6d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Sartosan Crew.  Traitor Snnikk leads the way. (To his doom!)
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548ba04a5e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The rat ogre demolishes the Sartosan attack.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548badcb6300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Sartosans fled with many losses.  Snnikk was killed along with another member of the crew.  The Sartosans make enough to hire reinforcements.
Sartosan Pyrates--1 CP

Clan Pestilens lost a giant rat.  No matter.  The Clan gained much riches and the plots of the Priest High Commodore were advanced.
Clan Pestilens--2 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 17:43

The Rat ogre must be a true terror; he drained the color from the Sartosan Lads..literally. clown 
Once more a FINE report with WONDERFUL photos of the GLORIOUS terrain & minis.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 18:53

lol! 
Thanks Alan.  $mart phones have made my life easier in some regards (especially since they belong to others).  Although I do miss his captions for the photos since he doesn't post as often, playtable assures me that his life is more difficult since he got his phone. Twisted Evil 

The young Amazon sentry paced back and forth along the balcony.  She glared at the Hairy Faces all around below her in the street.  There were so many and they all looked alike. The Priestess was keeping something valuable inside this Hairy Face hut.  It was a great responsibility to be of the Chosen who guarded it for her, but the sentry wished it was someone else's charge.

Post Battle
The Sartosan Pyrates stole the Amazons' treasure.  Chris went from winning his first two games, to losing his next two.  One Amazon warrior is reported killed.  A hero is missing a game.
Amazons--1 CP

The Sartosans suffered one hero out of action with an Arm Wound.  He will miss a game as well.  Sartosans get rich for once.  (Well twice actually since they stole a cannon the last time they won!)
Sartosans--2 CP

Pustus filled his tankard with the weak man-thing brew.  It tasted horrible, but it was inexpensive and he had brought the entire Chapter with him to meet this new smuggler contact.  The fool was late.  Pustus would make him pay dearly for his lack of punctuality.  Pustus glared around the 'common' room.  The Priest High Commodore's eyes narrowed to slits.  Several of the Chapter were missing. Where could they have gone?  Pustus sought the bulk of his Pride.  Good-good, the huge creature was just there, draining another barrel of swill. But where were the others?  Where was his contact?

There was a crash from the floor above.  Something squeaked loudly.  Suddenly there was barking and growling near his Pride!  What was happening?  Pustus could see nothing as his warriors rose to defend him.

The tension of placing warriors for the scenario. There are only two Skaven henchmen on the second level (with 3 Beast heroes).affraid 
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548b964a6800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Chad sees my giant rat and raises me an Ungor...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d904b3127cce98548b97cb5900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Monks of Bilbous Abbey fled with one hero and 5 henchrats down.  One veteran Novice is killed. A Plague Monk becomes Stupid.  Exploration is less kind since one hero was kicked out for trying to smuggle a dagger and one fell to the Beasts' Chieftain.  However, the overall haul for the night was good.  Both Initiates took weapons expert.  One now has a blunderbuss, the other a crossbow. Twisted Evil 
Clan Pestilens--1 CP

The Beasts lost two out of three chaos hounds.  They also had one hero missing a game and one go out of action, but the dice were kind.  The Beast gain money and another henchman with a pirate skill.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 19:35

A Rat's life ain't an easy one...GOOD reading though. WELL DONE!  thumbsup 
Not being able to hear makes the Smart Phone question a moot one for moi...mute as well.  clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 2:17

Sundayheim 3--The Great Gun

Cast
Rob--Lizardmen
Von Kurst--Savage Orcs

Photos by Rob

"Stop hit him, ye git!" bawled Big Chief-Shaman Uma Gooma at da Nutta. Uglop the Brute lay bleeding and senseless on the cobbles. All around the man-things of the Big Village By Water were starting to edge away from the group of Red Jaw Skull Faces.

"Him start!" growled da Nutta.

"Ya! Him start!" growled da other Nutta.

"UMA GOOMA FINISH!" howled the Big Chief-Shaman. He bashed the two Nuttas skulls together, gentle like, for a lesson. The two went down in a heap. This was apparently too much for the humie crowd. The gits started to run every which way. Screaming and carrying on. Uma Gooma think maybe they not see orcs before.

Uma Gooma watched the crowd run about for a bit. Then he noticed the arrow sticking in the wall nearby. That arrow wasn't there before...

Saurus confront the Red Jaw Skull Face tribe.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d909b3127cce98548b94f5af00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Skink snipers.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d909b3127cce98548b92f5a900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Lots of orcs, only two Saurus. This don't end well, kind of like Little Big Horn...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d909b3127cce98548b95749e00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Slayer is the last thing standing, for a bit.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d909b3127cce98548b93749800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Slayer Pirate fell and the Skinks fled. The Saurus Brave died. The Totem Warrior suffered a Nervous Condition. The Lizards capture a rowboat, but that's about it.
Lizardmen--1 CP

The Red Jaws come out pretty good, considering that they caused half of their own casualties. They captured the Big Thunderstick and made some good money.
Red Jaw Skull Face--2 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 2:37

HOORAY FOR THE MEAN GREEN TEAM! That will teach those Lizard Lads who's King of the Jungle...or something similarly inane. GREAT REPORT & PHOTOS!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013 - 3:12

In happier times Rob was saving for gold up for his Kroxigor:
(Sorry I can't get the image rotated...)
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 ?ui=2&ik=415d4eaa8e&view=att&th=13e703b40fc5bdf8&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=1ce28f10bf43faae_0.1

Campaign Points Week 3:
Bob--Sartosan Pyrates--Scourge of the Sea: 9CP
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen--Scourge of the Sea: 7 CP
Chris--Amazons--Celestial Canopy: 9 CP
Playtable--Ghost Pyrates of Sartosa--Scourge of the Sea: 14 CP
Rob--Lizardmen--Celestial Canopy--11 CP
Von Kurst--Savage Orcs --Scourge of the Sea: 11 CP
Von Kurst-- Clan Pestilens--Silent Threat: 9 CP

Pirate Curse Points
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen: 2 PCP*

*It didn't make the report, but Chad's Centigor actually suffered from Bloody Bill's Curse for the first game of the night.  Always nice when a player can overcome adversity.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug 2013 - 14:52

Week 4--CURSES!

It ain't a piratey campaign lessen ye gots CURSES matey!pirat 

Cast
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen
Chris--Amazons

The River Temple
The Amazons contest Clan Pestilens for possession of a defiled temple  

The small temple sat in the center of the river.  The Priest High Commodore surveyed the area through slitted eyes.  The dread sun beat down on the skaven with malicious intensity.  Only near the abandoned temple did shadows pool, which was strange since the temple was far from the jungle covered banks.  The decrepit ruin seemed to melt in an oily haze.  It reminded the Priest of home.

"Forward-advance-row you curs!" pronounced Pustus.  His minions bent to their oars and the little flotilla of three jolly boats caught the current.  Pustus was pleased, the sooner this was done the better.  The little ruin was marked on his charts as a shrine left from the Conquest centuries ago.  His lackeys could worship there and tidy up the place.  Perhaps there would be something of worth left after all of this time to compensate the Priest High Commodore for his piety.

Suddenly there was a low hum followed by a bright lance of light.  A tendril of smoke appeared on the hull of the boat to the left.  KaBoom!  The sound of an arquebus shot rang across the waves.  Cries of a alarm and consternation filled the air. They were under attack!  How? No one knew his plans, no one! Everywhere in this cursed continent there was treachery!  Pustus could see nothing because of the bulk of the temple, but the crews of the boat to the right reported several enemy craft approaching from the east. Pustus briefly considered fleeing, but the cruel current was pressing his fleet toward the enemy.

"Row-fast-row to the temple!  Pustus ordered his crew. "Keep us behind it. Sssnerk!  Snnikk! Engage the enemy!"  

The victorious skaven capture the temple!  The Amazons accidentally shot the guardian daemon in the back just before they routed.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d623b3127cce98548b90561200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Amazons lost two henchwomen killed, (out of like 9 warriors total, ouch.) I believe the only hero out of action recovered, but the Amazons were still lost at sea.  (Rolled snake eyes on the Supply Source table.)
Amazons--1 CP and 1 Pirate Curse Point

Aside from some minor damage to a jolly boat, the skaven were unscathed. Unfortunately the easily won treasure was only 10 gc.  I could not roll above a 3 when determining the random treasure...Exploration was kind, but the roll on the Supply Source led the skaven to the cheating merchant, so all profits were banked.
Clan Pestilens--2 CP and 2 Pirate Curse Points (PCPs)

(More updates to come...)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug 2013 - 15:33

HOORAY FOR THE RAT GUYS! cheers 
The Temple of the Frog God is a SERIOUSLY COOL piece...GREAT WORK!  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:28

The Temple of the Toad (as I call it) is almost old enough to vote.  Its had a few incarnations, I'm glad you like this one.  (The pesky tree trunk broke off again during the putting away process...)

Jungle Skirmish--The Fog of War
Aimless wandering in thick fog with Beasts and Rats

Priest High Commodore Pustus Pestilus glared at the thick white mist that billowed around him.  He could see little and hear less.  Still the jungle path they followed must lead somewhere.  The Priest did not fancy staying in one place long enough for the denizens of this place to find him.

Suddenly from off in the mist the sound of roars, bleats and screams could be heard.  Something, lots of somethings, struggled in the mist.  

[Top left: Chad's Chieftain disturbs a Salamander nest!]
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d623b3127cce98548b9fd72d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Perhaps it was a ruse?  A plot to draw his minions away from him.  He had sent scouts out into the jungle hours ago.  Why had he had no reports of this? Pustus lashed his tail in frustration.  He kept the large bulk of his Pride safely in front of him as the monks advanced along the trail.  The commotion off in the mist continued unabated.  Pustus pondered what manner of things fought out there.

A shrill squeak sounded from the mist.  The scouts!  There was danger! Well of course there was!  Pustus could hear the battle.  It was right over, well, somewhere over there...The scouts were useless!

The jungle went quet.  The sounds of battle ceased.  [Chad's Chieftan escapes the Salamander.]
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d623b3127cce98548b9c561e00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

What could it mean?  Pustus paused to listen.  All around him his minions starred tensely into the mist. The mist seemed thicker.  The Priest had thought it was lifting, but now in the silence, it seemed denser, more threatening.

Something began to chant ahead, or was it behind them?  A novice sqeaked and pointed to his left.  Pestus could see nothing past the bulk of his Pride, but the Priest was unafraid.  The great rat ogre was between him and any enemy.  The rat ogre growled deep in its chest.  The huge thing tensed, it seemed to glow with a pleasant green light.  The glow faded.  The rat ogre seemed to chuckle... It turned slowly to peer at Pustus.  The eyes!  The rat ogre's eyes were lit with intelligence and malevolence.  His Pride was looking at Pustus as though Pustus was lunch! This was impossible!

"Back-away-stay my Pet!" ordered Pustus.  The rat ogre growled and shuffled toward him.  Pustus looked frantically about for someone else to put between himself and the rat ogre.

Post Battle
The Beast's Shaman cast Lure of Chaos on my Rat Ogre!  Woe!  Chad had high hopes, but I rolled  snake eyes to take back control!  Good for Rats, not so good for Beasts.  The Beasts suffered from Bloody Bill's Curse for the game.  We forgot to roll for the effect of the curse, but in the end, that seems obvious. Twisted Evil 
The Beasts lost...an ungor(?) to the angry Salamander.  They recovered one Salamander egg, but found themselves at the Cheating Merchant to trade.
Lubbery Beastmen--1 CP

Clan Pestilens survived the shock of losing control of the rat ogre (Chad's been trying to pull that off since the campaign started.)  Nothing died.  The Skaven returned to Torktuga to trade.  Two Plague Censors were purchased, a Hired Sword returns a favor and a crate of rotted food turned out to have a Halfling Cookbook in it!  The plots of the Priest High Commodore advance apace.
The Monks of Bilbous Abbey--2 CP

(I anticipate reports from playtable at some point.) bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:47

Once more COOL STUFF! The narration & photos were EXCELLENT. I love those little huts...SPLENDID terrain.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2013 - 15:46

More Bungle in the Jungle
Dems My Gubbins!
A larcenous raid on an abandoned Goblin village by the Ghosts and the Beasts

The Beasts buy time for the heroes to withdraw by sacrificing hounds.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d623b3127cce98548b91d72300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

playtable wrote:
1st game I was beaten by 3 events that all affected me and a quick centigor (who found the sacred gubbins). I got 2 of the 6 gubbins.
The tar pit took the skink swabbie, but the tangle vines were the worst. Tied up 4 fighters in one turn. One off the crew had a go with a carnivorous plant on the last turn of the game.

Post battle: Skink swabbie died, Elvis got an eye wound and is now BS 1.
Exploration: Ghosts captured some goblin war canoes. 4 short bows, 5 spears, a shield, and 3 goblins - only one of which I could use - and I got nothing for the other 2 I had to let go. Traded with the Cheating Merchant.
Ghosts--1 CP

The victorious Beasts lost 2 hounds. They also encountered the Cheating Merchant, so they banked their loot and pressed on.
Lubbery Beasts--2 CP
________________________________________________________________________________
The Haunted Wreck
An attempt to salvage an old wreck goes horribly wrong for the Ghosts (and amazingly well for the Amazons)

The Ghosts confront the original owners of the wreck...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d623b3127cce98548b9e561c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

playtable wrote:
2nd game I was beaten by Amazon shooting and Dead Pirates.
Amazons never even tried to get to the ship until I was gone.
Can't fight 2 warbands at the same time.

Post battle: Goblin swabbie died, The Dudett henchgirl died.
Capt. Bluebeard became frenzied, Squig Face became Stupid.
Opened a crate and got another blunderbuss.

I searched and found a Parrot but it could not be used by ethereals so my skeleton mate has it.
My Old Smuggler got his first advance - skill. He took a bodyguard. 2 guys for 10gc upkeep is just too cool not to have.
So I'm back to 15 warriors including a Cursed skink crew and a goblin swabbie. 222 rating.
Considering other hired swords...
Ghosts--1 CP, 1 Pirate Curse Point

The 7 Amazons, who were outnumbered nearly 4 to 1 by the 16 Ghosts and the 10 undead pirates, breathed a sigh of relief when the last pirate crumbled. The Amazons got mildly rich off of the salvaged gold and jewels (no artifacts were found). Good luck continued when the girls stumbled on some castaways and gained a free henchwoman. The Amazons spent some money with the Cheating Merchant just because they could.
Amazons--2 CP, 2 Pirate Curse Points
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2013 - 16:51

COOL PHOTOS of some OUTSTANDING terrain with nary an unpainted Land lubber in sight...GREAT STUFF!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2013 - 2:13

Thanks Al!

Sundayheim 4--The Electric Jungle

Cast
Bob--Sartosan Pyrates, Warband Rating: 221
Rob--Lizardmen, Warband Rating: 160
Von Kurst--Savage Orcs, Warband Rating: 149

The Lost Temple of the Slann
The Lizard Folk attempt to defend their heritage against the Savage Orcs and Sartosans
Photos by Rob

The orcs slogged through the downpour.  The rain sluiced off their rough hides, soaking their feathers and washing away the carefully applied warpaint.  Overhead the thunder rolled like the grumblings of a monstrous troll's belly.  Forked lightning slashed down at them.  The great trees of the surrounding jungle crackled and sparked as they were struck again and again.  Uma Gooma threw back his head and roared into the teeth of the storm.  "Waughhh!" he screamed at Mork (or perhaps Gork).  "Waughhh!  Me big chief Uma Gooma!"

KaBOOM! A blinding blast of lightning turned the nearest tree into a 60 foot torch for an instant before the deluge extinguished the flames.  Uma Gooma was knocked from his feet, but he bounded back up filled with the crackling energy of the storm.  "WAUGGHHH!!!" screamed the Shaman.  "WAUGHHH!!!" screamed the Red Jaw White Skulls.

Uma Gooma capered down the trail, roaring at the heavens.  It was a good day.

"Urk!" choked Uglop da Brute as an arrow thumped off his chest.  More arrows buried themselves in the wet ground or sunk into tree trunks around the tribe.  

Uma Gooma held up his left hand to signal a halt.  "Weather change," he said. "WAAUUGGGHHH!!!"

The Lizards prepare to defend the Temple of the Toad.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b9d849700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b9a05a000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Surrounded!
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b99849300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Bash Bash Too gets stuck in!
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b9b849100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Can you spot the skink Great Crest?  Rob and Bob have forgotten him...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b9805a200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Lizards have fled.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b8605bc00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

It looks like there's going to be a rumble, but in reality both groups are frozen by lightning strikes whenever its their turn.  Oh and there was an earthquake as soon as the Lizards fled...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b87848d00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A Mork's (or perhaps Gork's) eye view.  There are 5.5 Savage Orcs out of action.  Only 1 pirate is down...
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d625b3127cce98548b8405be00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Lizards suffered no deaths for the first battle in...A LONG TIME.  The Dwarf held his record of not firing a pistol due to weather, though.  A Great Crest suffers a Chest Wound.
Lizardmen--1 CP

The Red Jaw White Skullz lost one nutta captured by pirates.  A Spotta fully recovered and the tribe retreated in good order toward the Old Stone Huts. Chunga took a swim with old Xlippahruichakk, but avoided the old gribbly's clutches.  This may be the warband's final appearance, though, as I seem to have misplaced my roster sheet. Embarassed 
Red Jaw White Skullz--1 CP

The Sartosans got all kinds of rich.  No one died despite several close calls with lightning.  The warband got lots of loot from the temple and captured old Uglug, who joined as a crewman.
Sartosan Pyrates--2 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 5 Aug 2013 - 4:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2013 - 2:50

GREAT REPORT & OH-SO-COOL PHOTOS! The missing roster is a bummer. Losing things seems to happen a lot more with moi; I blame it on imminent senility.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2013 - 3:43

I expect I left the orc roster at the store, which means it is probably gone.Sad 

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Tropical-Islands-Wallpaper-__6_

Campaign Points Week 4:
Bob--Sartosan Pyrates--Scourge of the Sea: 11CP*
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen--Scourge of the Sea: 10 CP*
Chris--Amazons--Celestial Canopy: 12 CP
Playtable--Ghost Pyrates of Sartosa--Scourge of the Sea: 17 CP
Rob--Lizardmen--Celestial Canopy--12 CP
Von Kurst--Savage Orcs --Scourge of the Sea: 12 CP
Von Kurst-- Clan Pestilens--Silent Threat: 12CP

*It is possible that Bob and Chad have another point for their leader's experience level. Record keeping is not our strong point.

Pirate Curse Points
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen: 2 PCP
Chris--Amazons: 3 PCP
Playtable--Ghost Pyrates of Sartosa: 1 PCP
Von Kurst-- Clan Pestilens: 2 PCP

Lots of Cursed goodness coming up in the next few weeks!dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 665330 
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2013 - 3:27

Quote :
I expect I left the orc roster at the store, which means it is probably gone.

And tonight, while checking my surviving roster and reorganizing my binders of charts, scenarios and endless Random Encounter tables; my Savage Orc roster appeared stuck between two pages in my Towns binder! (We had been adventuring in the Jungle last Sunday...No clue how it got in the Towns binder or why I didn't find it Sunday when I searched the whole house.) Woot!cheers 

So the Orcs are NOT lost and will bedevil the poor Lizards in the future. dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 387809 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2013 - 15:16

HOORAY! Losing things seems to be a malady of those of us getting on in years. While the losing part is the pits, finding the errant object is a WONDROUSLY GOOD feeling. cheers 
Now xerox up a couple of copies for next time.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2013 - 14:50

Week 5--Ye Torktuga Blues

Cast
Bob--Sartosan Pyrates
Chad--Lubbery Beastmen
Chris--Amazons
Robperk--Lizardmen

We had a full house for a minute or two. While I've been searching for my orc's warband list all week, complaining about how it was lost; Chad was sure he had left his warband list and rulebook in his car. Once he got to the game store though, that turned out not to be the case. Rolling Eyes 

Ye Great Gun

Dead Captain Bluebeard surveyed the gun emplacement in the shimmering moonlight. The weather was clear, though the moons gave scant light for his Living crewmen to work by. The Captain could see quite well. For example he could see that rabble off to the west trying to force their way through the Torktugan crowd toward Captain Bluebeard's new gun. The Captain was certain he could entertain them.

Led literally by the Dead, the Ghost crew captures the gun emplacement before the Sartosans can disentangle themselves from the (invisible) crowd.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b833b4c00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b80ba7f00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The crowd becomes unruly as the warbands close. Many warriors are trampled in the panic.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b813b4e00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Squigface rushes into the mass of Sartosans.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b8eba7100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The crowd bedevils both warbands as they flee mindlessly.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b8cba7300000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The traitor Ulgug leads the Sartosans toward the Dead.
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b8d3b4200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Squigface duels the enemy Captain (and some of his crew...)
dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 47a3d628b3127cce98548b8aba7500000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
playtable wrote:
I lost.
I had 7 OOA to his 0

Goblin zombie crumbled and a new henchman died.
Sleleton Mate, Marley, took a chest wound: T2.
He also gained Powder Refiner, my only advance.

Opened a crate and found 1 toughened Leathers.
Lost 5gc again!!
Ghost Pyrates--1 CP
Good things happened for the Sartosans, although I don't remember exactly what.
Sartosan Pyrates--2 CP

(More to follow)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest   dead - Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of ye Karribean III--Dead Man's Chest
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next